Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 2023 Northern League One

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Westy vs Southy
    Southy an ugly team to watch. Credit to them for making it to the GF but it is head shaking stuff.
    Westy to win and win well.
    Well they don't play the kick it long like Kahibah but from the few games I've seen they knock it round well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Well they don't play the kick it long like Kahibah but from the few games I've seen they knock it round well.
    The games I've seen, that's all they do. Kick it long for the quick boys. Never seen them "knock it around well".
    No problem with that: play to your strengths, but it is ugly. As I said: credit to them.
    Also not making comparisons with other teams (raw nerve?). Just my opinion of what I have seen of Southy this year.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Good season overall by Stags but they choked in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    lol
    your right i am crying ,
    more choke then a linda lovelace movie
    How?d Wallsend go this year? Conceded 164 goals across two grades. Might need you to come back and get them out of trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Good season overall by Stags but they choked in the finals
    You could say choke yes, but outside looking in they paid for their **** ups in the back end of the season. A fair chunk of their players went into finals without playing a game for 3-4 weeks, which no matter who you are you can?t do that.

Paid the price in finals but took home the most important trophy as a reward for being the best side all year. Do it again next year when the youth comes and they are into NPL.

Well done Westy.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Westy have proved direct football works! Fair play

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    You could say choke yes, but outside looking in they paid for their **** ups in the back end of the season. A fair chunk of their players went into finals without playing a game for 3-4 weeks, which no matter who you are you can?t do that.

Paid the price in finals but took home the most important trophy as a reward for being the best side all year. Do it again next year when the youth comes and they are into NPL.
    Outstanding summary of the biggest choke in NL1 history. 👏
    Well done westy, and great effort from Sthy just making 5th spot

Well done to both teams yesterday, Southy did pretty well on the day, kept pushing Westy all the way, in the end Reddo's love of the big game moments came through, congrats Westy.

The only downside was the NNSWFA mandate that they had to sell that horse piss, masquerading itself as beer.
    Modus whatever they call it, definitely will not be rushing out to by a six pack..

Great game for the neutrals even better for Westy. Commiserations to Southy, now their rookie coach has experienced a grand final, might be the difference next time.

Good crowd there too, wonder what the final attendance numbers were.

As for the beer, beer was good, better than the normal dirty swill you find out there.

Just watched the highlights of the GF, was it just me seeing things or did the Southy Skipper grab old mate by the throat just after the penalty was awarded?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Just watched the highlights of the GF, was it just me seeing things or did the Southy Skipper grab old mate by the throat just after the penalty was awarded?
    Just rewatched it and the bigger question is why was a penalty awarded when the foul happened outside the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Just rewatched it and the bigger question is why was a penalty awarded when the foul happened outside the box?
    Southy also denied a stone cold pen