Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Northern League One

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Managed to watch a very very young south Cardiff side win 3 nil today against a Kahibah side that had a few experienced players involved, was a pleasure to watch, well done

Think a lot of people don?t realise how young Toronto?s squad is? 3-0 win today and champions! Well done to Jazza and the lads

Managed to watch a very very young south Cardiff side win 3 nil today against a Kahibah side that had a few experienced players involved, was a pleasure to watch, well done
    They?ve got the right people involved. Next year will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Think a lot of people don?t realise how young Toronto?s squad is? 3-0 win today and champions! Well done to Jazza and the lads
    What's the youngest player in Toronto first grade?

A great result for Southy, but without a doubt the worst game I have watched this year. A really poor match. Both need massive improvement if they want to trouble anyone come finals time.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    A great result for Southy, but without a doubt the worst game I have watched this year. A really poor match. Both need massive improvement if they want to trouble anyone come finals time.
    You?re a hard judge, Southy knocked the ball around well in windy conditions, 2 nil at half time and Kahibah tactic was to pump it long using the wind, I got a bit sick watching their keeper pump it up the guts the entire second half

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    What's the youngest player in Toronto first grade?
    17, then if you take out Winslade, Purcell, Olsen, Macca and Roberts the next oldest is 22. There?s also 5-6 17-22 year olds that are the first ones called up from reserve grade.

Ah well Southy has even younger than that playing, so they beat you. And now we can go back to talking about South Cardiff and their win over Kahibah rather than the conversation getting highjacked

Ah well Southy has even younger than that playing, so they beat you. And now we can go back to talking about South Cardiff and their win over Kahibah rather than the conversation getting highjacked
    Well they didn?t beat them in the season? So you can have your participation award for playing youth and getting no where for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Well they didn?t beat them in the season? So you can have your participation award for playing youth and getting no where for it.
    Well they do, a 15 year old and a 16 year old have been playing first grade so they do have even younger than Toronto. Anyway enough of your nonsense back to the main discussion

I did hear about Kahibah getting a red card with a penalty given, heard from my source (Kahibah supporter) that the Southy player tripped over the ball and there was no contact?

I did hear about Kahibah getting a red card with a penalty given, heard from my source (Kahibah supporter) that the Southy player tripped over the ball and there was no contact?
    Certainly looked like it from where I was standing. I'd love to see the Veo recording. From behind the goal it looked like no contact; just a stumble from the Southy player. Still, would have made no difference, Southy were the better of the two.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

You?re a hard judge, Southy knocked the ball around well in windy conditions, 2 nil at half time and Kahibah tactic was to pump it long using the wind, I got a bit sick watching their keeper pump it up the guts the entire second half
    I'd have to disagree. Neither knocked it around well or respected possession. It was ugly.

Southy's young keeper looks ok, but needs to improve his kicking. Everything Southy did well involved Tom Walker. Without him they would really struggle.
    Kahibah clearly missed their normal backline. They need Hextal back.

On a brighter note Toronto Awaba won the minor premiership. Awesome effort with three games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    On a brighter note Toronto Awaba won the minor premiership. Awesome effort with three games to go.
    Well done Stags! Won it in a canter.

My only criticism is that the club keep referring to their achievement as the MINOR premiership. The club are Premiers and won the premiership! There is nothing minor about it.

Whoever wins the knockout, end of season kick about will be Champions.

I think Jamie Subat?s age makes up for all those 15/16 year old players.. although if your physio could keep him on the park, you would have locked in a finals spot already!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfm View Post
    I think Jamie Subat?s age makes up for all those 15/16 year old players.. although if your physio could keep him on the park, you would have locked in a finals spot already!
    He hasn?t played first grade for a couple of months, regular reserve grader these days

Well there you go, no one to steer these youngsters around, maybe that?s the reason there?s no finals spot consolidated. Can?t put an old head on young shoulders

Working perfectly at Toronto with McPherson at the back steering all the young blokes around. Not that he says much, but his class does his talking

Round 24 Prediction
    Thornton 1-2 Westy
    Belswans 1-1 Singleton
    Wallsend 1-3 Southy
    Cesscock 0-1 Kahibah

Thornton 1-2 Westy
    Belswans 2-1 Singleton
    Wallsend 3-0 Southy
    Cesscock 0-1 Kahibah