Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    And we have nerds on the fan council still pushing for no red and blue. It's a perfect storm of stupid
    Don't like it, join the council next time elections come up. Get out from behind the keyboard and actually put your position forward and try make your time count.
    If I'm not on there we don't get shit from the club because I'm pushing every chance I get for ownership updstes and I'm actually sharing shit. I'm doing my ****ing best to make sure we're treated like stakeholders and not customers.
    Grow up with your pissy low jabs at me mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    So now being told an interested party is a English championship club.
    Jets-Logo-on-website.png

Well in too JP......
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Jets-Logo-on-website.png

Well in too JP......
    So ya reckon that gamechanger 20 mob eh ?.

Nuh, just guessing, and the link to Phoenix Rising has already been floated before. Looking at this list there would only be a short list of options.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs

That all said there is probably no point speculating anymore.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 06-04-2024 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Don't like it, join the council next time elections come up. Get out from behind the keyboard and actually put your position forward and try make your time count.
    If I'm not on there we don't get shit from the club because I'm pushing every chance I get for ownership updstes and I'm actually sharing shit. I'm doing my ****ing best to make sure we're treated like stakeholders and not customers.
    Grow up with your pissy low jabs at me mate
    I have a go at a lot of members and they have a go at me, take it on the chin and move on. You said you had feedback that red and blue stripes were not wanted, where did that feedback come from? Maybe make decisions that improve the club and not your popularity with your mates
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

I'm his mate and he's consistently refused to push my preferred colours.

I have a go at a lot of members and they have a go at me, take it on the chin and move on. You said you had feedback that red and blue stripes were not wanted, where did that feedback come from? Maybe make decisions that improve the club and not your popularity with your mates
    The feedback at the committee from the group was it may not prove as popular as others. The club have to move to white given conflicts this yesr. The decision to move to red an blue strip was one of controversy - thats fact not opinion. I suggested if red and blue was to be a colour something in the style of the breakers would be better received. They asked for other designs. I suggested white designs in line with their need.

Happy to take reasonable feedback. Happy for respectful debate. Happy to be challenged constructively. But not happy to be called names lime you did. Play the ball, not the man. You've no right to go around bullying people, so I'm not going to cop that on the chin. Do it again, I'll report it. Simple.

Point stands. You want to be influencing decisions step up and make your voice heard.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 06-04-2024 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The feedback at the committee from the group was it may not prove as popular as others. The club have to move to white given conflicts this yesr. The decision to move to red an blue strip was one of controversy - thats fact not opinion. I suggested if red and blue was to be a colour something in the style of the breakers would be better received. They asked for other designs. I suggested white designs in line with their need.

Happy to take reasonable feedback. Happy for respectful debate. Happy to be challenged constructively. But not happy to be called names lime you did. Play the ball, not the man. You've no right to go around bullying people, so I'm not going to cop that on the chin. Do it again, I'll report it. Simple.

Point stands. You want to be influencing decisions step up and make your voice heard.
    You should stay away from local football then, you would report everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I'm his mate and he's consistently refused to push my preferred colours.
    You are coming up with some good stuff lately

You must live a very sad and lonely life

Leave me in peace to be a dickhead I say as I yell and scream for attention and a reaction from others.

Ah the cavalry as expected, you lot are the problem

Lets get back on track, I've been here for eons as has JP and his followers, I know whats going on. Back to ownership

Fold the club , Beat the scum last round and go out on a high RIP Jets

#allshanesfault

Ah the cavalry as expected, you lot are the problem
    If that?s what you think, feel free to not visit the forum ever again.

I don?t think too many people would miss you.

On topic, I?m sure the sale will occur in the month that it happens.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I'm not mad.
    I'm not mad.
    I'm not mad.

So, do we have 9 more days to get confirmation from either the current owners or new owners, otherwise we're not in next season? 19th of April coming around very quickly (conroy said we had 1 month until they needed a decision for next season on 19 march).

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    So, do we have 9 more days to get confirmation from either the current owners or new owners, otherwise we're not in next season? 19th of April coming around very quickly (conroy said we had 1 month until they needed a decision for next season on 19 march).
    This is part of the media mania - Conroy did not say the Jets had till April 19th.

He actually said this....

Unfortunately, we've got to plan for next year. It's just a reality. The other clubs deserve certainty," he said. "I mean, we talk about: 'oh we've got [to have] certainly about Newcastle or Canberra.'

There are 11 or 12 other clubs who need certainty to plan their seasons, to make bookings, to sign players. Now are players from Canberra or any other club available? Auckland are trying to sign players, so they need certainty.

It does reach a point where it becomes very hard to do the proper planning if it’s outside the next few weeks.

It's unfair if we drag it on to June -- I'm not proposing that, I'm just picking a random date
    -- unfair on the other clubs and our responsibility is for the league as a whole, not just for the individual club.

So we've got responsibilities to all the clubs to resolve these issues so they can get on with their planning, they're attracting players or selling players or whatever decisions they want to make."
    Seems clear to me but the lemmings will listen to whatever Chinese whispers the media force feeds them. Know for yourself.........
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

I'm certainly not giving our owners any credit but I think we dodged a bullet by not being bought by FC32.
    There original offer was agreed in principle but with all the APL drama in the media they revised their offer by a reasonable amount.
    The Melbourne interested party and the English based party seemed to be more football orientated people who would be a much better fit for the Jets.
    Its advantage Melbourne party at the moment as they have tabled what should be considered a reasonable offer considering the current circumstances of the league.
    They do have genuine ownership interest for the league. Hopefully they aren't screwed around for too long by our current owners !
    Regardless of what information people have heard or not heard, only a fool would try to predict time frames for a possible sale.
    I still think a deal will be done eventually and the Jets will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    I'm certainly not giving our owners any credit but I think we dodged a bullet by not being bought by FC32.
    There original offer was agreed in principle but with all the APL drama in the media they revised their offer by a reasonable amount.
    The Melbourne interested party and the English based party seemed to be more football orientated people who would be a much better fit for the Jets.
    Its advantage Melbourne party at the moment as they have tabled what should be considered a reasonable offer considering the current circumstances of the league.
    They do have genuine ownership interest for the league. Hopefully they aren't screwed around for too long by our current owners !
    Regardless of what information people have heard or not heard, only a fool would try to predict time frames for a possible sale.
    I still think a deal will be done eventually and the Jets will survive.
    Agreed, I have always hoped the interest from Melb is Gerry Ryan, Somebody with experience in the past with a A League team and if his history in team ownership is any indication has always been prepared to dust off the purse strings and invest where necessary to get results and be competitive.

Or the mob who own Ipswich Town, Either of them could be very good for the club IMO.