Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    Great work Jeterpool.
    Was there anything else from the meeting that might be of interest to the fans ?
    There is, but out of respect I will wait for the minutes to be approved. I take the minutes and the chance for feedback closes Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Any truth behind the fallen thru rumours going around online?

Quote Originally Posted by Avocadomexican View Post
    Any truth behind the fallen thru rumours going around online?
    Where?

The anonymous ones on Facebook? Saying the Italian Billionaire has walked away?

That may be the case, but it doesn't mean the sale has collapsed. He might not have been the only one at the table.

If he has walked away, we just assume he's no longer interested because the club have stuffed it up. What other reasons could mean he's stepped back interest?

Regardless, all the more reason I stand by my comment at the council that Members and Fans need an update.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

A comment on one of the Facebook posts suggests the Italian bloke has dropped out due to another party entering the exclusivity period.

As Jeterpool has said an update from the club would be handy to kill the rumours and doomsaying.

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    Here is a summary of some of the information I have heard over the last few months.

After trying to unsuccessfully sell the club from in-house, the club realised that potential buyers are more comfortable and more confident to negotiate potential sales with professional organisations in this field.
    Through the Perth Glory attempted sale negotiations, the club was made aware of interested buying parties.
    The club then started talks with KordaMentha to see if it was viable for both parties to come to an arrangement.
    A sale agreement between the two was agreed.
    The club was told that there were two interested parties that KordaMentha would be having initial discussions with.
    As Perth Glory's discussions advanced (which collapsed) it became clear that sale figures of $25m were just not realistic.
    Lower sale figures became part of the discussions with the jets which has attracted another 2-3 interested parties to come forward.

This does sound promising as it seems like we do have several interested buyers.
    The obvious challenge is converting "interested parties" to a completed sale agreement. eg. New Owner !
    As I posted above in December.
    KordaMentha already had 2 interested parties right from the start. I believe one of them was the Salernitana owner. He wants to buy another club but it doesn't have to be the Jets, as far as he is concerned.
    Danilo lervolino is not out of the running but he is no longer the front runner due to him assessing all his options.
    The 3rd interested party has now moved to the front of the queue as the Jets are looking to get this done quickly.
    The only whisper I could get on names for potential owners was Danilo.
    I have no idea who the other interested parties are.
    Interested Parties probably realise that the longer this all goes on, our price gets lower !

Thanks Roger

"Parties" are just hobnobbing gobblers looking for a quick $$. Wont find it or them here anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

As the end of January approaches, we have a great run of home games ahead of us. It’s a critical period for both of our sides as we push for our place in the top 6. With two big games coming this weekend – and the next for our Men’s and Women’s teams, I want to provide you with a quick update on a few points across the Club.

Firstly, following Gary Van Egmond’s departure last week, our interim appointments of Ryan Campbell as interim Women’s Head Coach, along with Ryan joining Damien Zane to oversee the Girls and Boys Academy respectively, we have some very good hands guiding these respective parts of our Club.

We’re beginning the process of forming a decision on the future leadership of our A-League Women’s team and the Academy. This will be properly considered – and no doubt will include some input from the potential incoming owners of the Club.

And on new ownership, this is clearly top of mind for the Club. Our progress is positive and we are confident of having this finalized soon. I know many of you are anxious to know more; however the simple point is that the process is confidential, and we will announce it at the appropriate time.

Speculation becomes a distraction for our players and the focus for the club needs to be 6 points each weekend. Please respect our playing group and support them during this period. I look forward to being able to provide more information to you when I can and I am confident of a very positive new era for the Jets.

In terms of the upcoming games, we have a great run of home games for both teams with Men’s home games v the Phoenix, Victory, Bulls and Mariners in the next five weeks. Our Women’s team also have four great games in this same period v the Mariners, Phoenix, Roar and Glory.

Note - With regard to the Men’s home match on the 24th of February v Macarthur, we're aware that an issue could arise if the Bulls progress in the AFC Cup. We expect that the likely outcome would be our home game gets pushed back one day. We'll keep you up to date if there is a shift.

Also, a little reminder that the Club is taking three of these Women’s games to Maitland for the first time this year. This is an important opportunity to bring top tier ALW to the lower Hunter region and for our fans to see more of the elite training base that our Men and now Women have been using. The Jets ALW team has been super exciting and highly competitive this year and we’re looking forward to seeing you all come out to support them.

Finally – on behalf of our players, football and admin staff I wanted to thank all of you for your support. Our members numbers are about to hit 8,500 which is the highest level in five years. This is a great sign of the strength of support for the Club and provides a great platform for our future success.

See you at the games this weekend!

Yours sincerely,

Shane Mattiske

Executive Chairman

Newcastle Jets FC
    Message from our CEO

derp derp derp thanks robbie tew
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

I get it. He can’t say much.

He lost me at the bit that comes across as “if you really cared about the team, you’d stop asking about the ownership and not ask again until we tell you”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I get it. He can’t say much.

He lost me at the bit that comes across as “if you really cared about the team, you’d stop asking about the ownership and not ask again until we tell you”.
    Yeah **** that, obviously just isn’t the players who are at our club because our owners didn’t want them at their clubs, seems to be the ceo as well.

We’ve been patient for years now, enough is enough.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Ive said it before on here, There is a reason he was at the NRL for 5 mins. Bloke might be a genius at the pointy end of organizations B2B but in a sports management role where engagement means communicating with supporters he's got nothing.

He's probably a decent bloke but he's just never really seemed to read the room in his role as EC at the club.
    Last edited by 380; 26-01-2024 at 12:47 AM.

We’re beginning the process of forming a decision on the future leadership of our A-League Women’s team
    also another pearler of a non-statement. We didn't say we were forming a decision, just that we're starting the process to work out how to form a decision.

The "respect" comment is ridiculous. Honestly, who writes this stuff?

I appreciate the update, but not so much the slightly patronising tone.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    also another pearler of a non-statement. We didn't say we were forming a decision, just that we're starting the process to work out how to form a decision.

The "respect" comment is ridiculous. Honestly, who writes this stuff?

I appreciate the update, but not so much the slightly patronising tone.
    we are in discussions about further discussions and may make an appointment for further discussions with interested parties in the near future.

We are pleased with the progress and the paychecks we receive each month for warming the chair and eating donuts.

Please be nice to the players

is there any chance Jeter can get to Shane for another update?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Have some respect for the players.

*tongue in cheek…

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    My mate was in the box over the weekend and Shane gave an update which sounded exactly like the update I shared a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    My mate was in the box over the weekend and Shane gave an update which sounded exactly like the update I shared a few weeks ago.
    Must have been somebody who looks like our man Shane, Shirley the real Shane would not have offered an up date regarding any previous update because that could distract his players.

In Shane we trust

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Must have been somebody who looks like our man Shane, Shirley the real Shane would not have offered an up date regarding any previous update because that could distract his players.

In Shane we trust
    I will keep asking because I clearly don't care about the team.