Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We already know. The price is too high because the APL and our owners want to re-coup their money propping us up and no one is going to pay 15-20 mil for us
    Well no, that’s not the rumor flying around at the moment, it’s because the APL as an organisation has been such a cluster**** recently and the layoffs in the past few months has spooked any potential buyer.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Well no, that’s not the rumor flying around at the moment, it’s because the APL as an organisation has been such a cluster**** recently and the layoffs in the past few months has spooked any potential buyer.
    Yep exactly Thomas, Who of sound mind would acquire a football club then leave the future existence of that club in a National competition to the likes of the APL.

Whats the chances we exit and Canberra Football in and Paramount still have there 6 games a week. Some of the monies from the Canberra bid will go to our current owners to go someways toward our current overlords recouping some of the monies put in to the Jerks over the last few years.

Or is there the possibility both the APL and our current overlords agree to a buyer who wishes to relocate the license ?. At the end of the day if there is money to made by both parties desperately motivated by financial circumstances who knows eh. The old saying " money talks and bullshit walks " particularly in pressing situations like the the current owners find themselves in and the APL desperate for any form of revenue.

I don't think the canberra bid is going all that well either. I believe the "the announcement about canberra could come this week" (which was said on Monday the week gone) from the APL as much as i believe anything coming out of Shane's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Aleague/com..._no_ownership/

This development was worth it just to see boz's response to DrGarrious in the above reddit
    Love it.

I gave up reading at SydneyFCForever taking the silver spoon out of their mouth to say we should be grateful to our current ?owners?.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Thursday next week is the next Fan Council. I've asked that an update be placed on the agenda.
    An updates from fan council?

Jets' future up in the air after talks stall

THE sale of the Newcastle Jets is being held up by the failure of Australian Professional Leagues (APL) to provide key information to the prospective buyers.

The Newcastle Herald understands that consortium FC32, headed by former Nike executive Paul Francis, has agreed on a sale price for the Jets and has plans to take the club forward.

However, the consortium is growing frustrated by a lack of clarity from the APL about the salary cap, competition structure, financial distribution from the broadcast deal and other important details for next season.

There is also some doubt regarding the broadcast deal with Paramount Plus, which still has two seasons to run on a five-year $200 million contract.

The A-League men salary cap is $2.6 million. Clubs are required to spend at least 90 per cent ($2.25 million).

If the distribution is reduced, that would impact the bottom line for clubs.

?I think the APL has to come out and be a bit clearer on what is happening with the competition, what is happening next year, what is happening with a lot of things,? Jets coach Rob Stanton said when quizzed about the ownership after the 1-0 loss to Adelaide on Friday night.

?I think those are some of the questions being asked and they are not getting answers, and it is maybe stalling things a bit. It needs more clarity. There are too many people without the answers.?

In January, the APL made 40 employees redundant and closed down ?KeepUp?, the organisation?s digital and content arm.

The move was aimed at stabilising the APL in the short term, but it raised concerns over the direction of the club-run entity.

However, since the cost-cutting measure, new franchise Auckland FC, who are owned by American billionaire Bill Foley, has sprung to life and last week revealed their name and playing strip.

Perth Glory have changed ownership, with the property mogul Ross Pelligra adding an A-League club to his Italian third division outfit Catania.

The Pelligra Group have reportedly pledged $4 million per year to the Glory, who have been funded by the APL since former owner and chairman Tony Sage was stripped of the club?s licence in July last year.

The Jets have been under caretaker ownership ? funded by the chairman of four rival A-League clubs ? for the past three years after Chinese businessman Martin Lee was stripped of his franchise licence over unpaid debts.

The club was officially put on the market in October through financial advisory firm KordaMentha, with the aim to have a deal done by Christmas.

In late February, Jets boss Shane, Mattiske told members in a recorded video message he was ?confident that February is the month?.

The Jets have slipped to 11th place on 20 points and have not won a games since January 23.

Asked if the ownership saga was a distraction for the playing group, Stanton said: ?Is it having an impact? Possibly. I can?t do anything about it. I can only focus on the next game.?

FC32 are reportedly partially backed by investment group Athletic Ventures with plans to build an extensive club portfolio. They own Swiss second-tier club AC Bellinzona and have a share in Serie A side Salernitana.

Representatives from FC32 have visited Newcastle to speak with players and staff and inspect facilities.

The A-League breaks this weekend due to a FIFA international window. The Jets? next game is away to Melbourne City on March 30.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/8558714/?adcall=true&adcallkw=&fbclid=IwAR3xQneJSCNIXDQTZf MDJk83GgFmFStU5Auy0iVoHxdtmAB-CNnGPxAJV9U_aem_Aam8zMxoNTHA_xIHnJVhApTjR0rYmZmwg1 y2OpScwAlyf_iJuyofqiyoyZU3q-rNdPQ
    Last edited by evolution; 18-03-2024 at 08:06 PM.

Well, at least there is an update.

Thanks evolution

Quote Originally Posted by pessimistic jerk View Post
    An updates from fan council?
    There was more of an update from James Gardiner than we got in the meeting. Shane didn't speak to the sale stalling but mentioned they were working with the APL and that's where the process is at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Journos don't make scoops any more, the author of the article was clearly fed info for a reason and by making it public it's a chance to shuffle things along. And if you want to know who fed the info, look who it benefits most (the Jets/new buyer). So I'm hoping it was us as it makes our management look smart and pro active despite a bunch of you lot thinking they are idiots.

Middlebys at the wheel.

Not a bad thing this coming out publicly as it takes the heat off the Jets and current owners and throws it all at the APL. Gets the fans slightly onside and probably some support from the other clubs as hard questions needed to be asked.

Nick Garcia was on the The Global Game Podcast recently (27/2) and Alex Brosque asked him directly where the Jets sale was. He was evasive and kept saying it was "a private sale" with minimal APL involvement. Simon Hill jumped at him saying "well the owners are all in the APL". He admitted FS32 was talking with them but he sounded like he was just hoping for deal to be formalised and APL tick it off. On other questions as well I wasn't impressed by the bloke.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Or is there the possibility both the APL and our current overlords agree to a buyer who wishes to relocate the license ?. At the end of the day if there is money to made by both parties desperately motivated by financial circumstances who knows eh. The old saying " money talks and bullshit walks " particularly in pressing situations like the the current owners find themselves in and the APL desperate for any form of revenue.
    The longer this goes on, and the more it keeps lacking progress or coming against hurdles the more and more I think there's a distinct possibility the home game against the Mariners could be the last competitive fixture of the club.

I hope the APL realise that that means for not just fans, but the players, the staff, the juniors and the region as a whole.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

KordaMentha leaked the information to the herald to publicly call out the APL.
    If the APL gets their act together the sale will go through.
    The APL will have to provide answers that convince the new owners the League has a clear and certain future first though.
    The FA is involved now behind the scenes.
    I think the sale still happens.

I think a Newcastle team was important to the League while it was run by the FA.
    I'm not so certain that a Newcastle team is important to an APL run league !
    There is a lot riding on this sale.

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    I think a Newcastle team was important to the League while it was run by the FA.
    I'm not so certain that a Newcastle team is important to an APL run league !
    There is a lot riding on this sale.
    Agreed. They'd be happy with a nice closed shop featuring only teams from Sydney and Melbourne. The second division can look after everywhere else from their point of view, but they'd still fight against domestic transfer fees.

Joey Lynch hinting at an interview with APL's Stephen Conroy coming out on ESPN coming out soon.

https://www.espn.com.au/soccer/story...astle-canberra

Conroy confirmed that the Jets' ongoing survival rested upon the sale of their licence -- negotiations for which he described as being at "the pointy end" -- or commitments to future support by its custodians, confirming that the APL wasn't able to prevent the club from folding should neither eventuate.

"The owners have to make a decision on how they're going to handle that," he said. "The APL is not the owner. Those four clubs have banded together, they're ultimately the deciders about whether or not they want to keep financing, and this is ultimately in their court.

"Absolutely [we want Newcastle in the A-League]. Newcastle are a foundation club. It would be a terrible tragedy for the supporters, the players in Newcastle if it was not to be the case.

"To prepare for next season, we need to know relatively soon whether this is going to be a club that is going to play next season or not. Whether there's a new owner, or the existing owners, they've got to make some hard decisions."
    Conroy explained that it wasn't just the players who required certainty and hinted at a deadline being placed on both Newcastle and Canberra to find resolutions soon for next season.

"Unfortunately, we've got to plan for next year. It's just a reality. The other clubs deserve certainty," he said. "I mean, we talk about: 'oh we've got [to have] certainly about Newcastle or Canberra.'

"There are 11 or 12 other clubs who need certainty to plan their seasons, to make bookings, to sign players. Now are players from Canberra or any other club available? Auckland are trying to sign players, so they need certainty.

"It's unfair if we drag it on to June -- I'm not proposing that, I'm just picking a random date -- unfair on the other clubs and our responsibility is for the league as a whole, not just for the individual club.

"So we've got responsibilities to all the clubs to resolve these issues so they can get on with their planning, they're attracting players or selling players or whatever decisions they want to make."
    Ah, public blame games have commenced. This always ends well.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 19-03-2024 at 02:08 PM.

https://www.espn.com.au/soccer/story...astle-canberra

Basically if we can?t get the sale done within a month it?s good night Irene.

There's no winners from the club folding. Only losers. The fans, the staff who work for the club, the players of both teams, the sponsors, the stadiums, the clinics...these people have to get up, get motivated to actually perform their job now without knowing if they will be employed in 5 games. Put yourself in their shoes if you can...how would you feel knowing that you're possibly not building towards anything.

I'm numb at even the thought the club folds.

I hope there's some mature heads somewhere in this process and that sense prevails.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 19-03-2024 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Not a bad thing this coming out publicly as it takes the heat off the Jets and current owners and throws it all at the APL. Gets the fans slightly onside and probably some support from the other clubs as hard questions needed to be asked.

Nick Garcia was on the The Global Game Podcast recently (27/2) and Alex Brosque asked him directly where the Jets sale was. He was evasive and kept saying it was "a private sale" with minimal APL involvement. Simon Hill jumped at him saying "well the owners are all in the APL". He admitted FS32 was talking with them but he sounded like he was just hoping for deal to be formalised and APL tick it off. On other questions as well I wasn't impressed by the bloke.
    Exactly right, 3/4 of the current ownership are on the board of the APL. Its an absurd situation.