Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

Hearing Perth has already found a new owner already.

Looks like the Perth ownership is all sorted.
    It really irks me that we can't attract enough interest to complete a sale of the Jets.
    I know Newcastle isn't a Capital city but their is so much population growth in the Hunter Valley.
    Maitland, Thornton, Cameron Park, Gillieston Heights, Lochinvar, Huntlee etc are adding so many new houses these days.
    We just always seem to miss out when it comes to attracting someone with the money and the interest !

Obviously asking too much
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

I imagine it's also tough getting the four owners over the line. No doubt they all have slightly different ideas about what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I imagine it's also tough getting the four owners over the line. No doubt they all have slightly different ideas about what they want.
    Not very business minded, but I don?t understand why they don?t all say we?ve each put in x amount into this black hole, let?s just sell for 4x.
    Surely they haven?t invested more than a new license?.and if they have then we are doomed.

They should be using the knights crowds to trick somebody. Loyal supporter base - wooden spoons and still capable of big crowds, bit of success and selling out.

Surely a sale to exit even or even take a small hit is worth it to take it off their hands. Especially if they aren?t investing in making it better on the pitch.

I assume they don't want to devalue their own product while they're trying to get canberra/Auckland wrapped up.

Was it tinkler that cracked the shits when he found out somebody else had paid less for a licence than he had?

And I definitely don't have a business brain either.

Perhaps what the league should do is offer a prospective buyer some special concessions, maybe a higher cap for the first 12-24mths to allow them to spend on re-building the team, something to make it more attractive to take us on?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Was it tinkler that cracked the shits when he found out somebody else had paid less for a licence than he had?
    It was...he found out what Clive paid. He handed the licence back and had the ans protesting outside the stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I assume they don't want to devalue their own product
    Exactly, they not only aint taking a hit on their share of the Jets, but any fire sale devalues the other clubs they already own.

If the sticker price is $25m for the new licences then the Jets number has to be close to that. No doubt it wont be all cash but there will be other financial gymnastics done to 'value' the club at the highest possible number.

Again, they need investors who have $25m to burn, because theyll be burning plenty more on the way to their ultimate goal which is getting the club valuations rising in line with other sporting franchises around the world. Clubs wont make a cent along the way, but in 10-15 years time they are worth $100m+ then they win.

Still no idea why they havent created a bidding war with the middle eastern soveriegn funds. Morals be damned it changes everything and sets us on a path to a real league (gets rid of salary caps, player caps etc that has always held us back).

Except the gypos, theyll always be poor, because they are gypos.

Hail Griff.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Perhaps what the league should do is offer a prospective buyer some special concessions, maybe a higher cap for the first 12-24mths to allow them to spend on re-building the team, something to make it more attractive to take us on?
    I wonder if an AFL type draft would benefit the comp
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I wonder if an AFL type draft would benefit the comp
    No, it wouldnt. Too many options elsewhere for any half decent prospect to commit themselves to what is quite possibly an illegal labour issue anyway.

It works in AFL/NFL because where else are they gonna go (and its collectively bargained).

Id be shocked if the NBA isnt the first big sport to challenge its legititimacy in court eventually.

Having said that, you've just had more fresh ideas than anyone at Double -eff aye headquarters in the last 10 years and im voting for you to take over Townsends job (and pay cheque).

Banned
    How about we just **** off the salary cap all together

It worked in the first three years of the comp. But the second they brought in the Olyroo Marquee BS to get the Smurfs under the cap it's been a complete farce

All it does now is force us to spend large amounts of money on blokes like Hoffman and Burhagiar and Jacob Melling to make the minimum spends

All it is doing is overpaying the poor players in the league

All for the likes of Griff and Penha making the big money but these types who fill in squads shouldn't be on 100k plus a year

Is there anyone out there?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

The cynic in me reads that as this.

The clubs current ownership feel now is the right time to formally put the club up for sale as they feel they have got it in a place that makes it an attractive purchase.

Nothing about a particular interested party and that only they have recruited the assistance of Korda's to facilitate a sale.

Am I reading this all wrong ???.

That's how I've read it. Except we know it's always been "For Sale"

We've tried to see privately ourselves and that's not really worked so now we're bringing in an agent to do it for us.

About ****ing time.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That's how I've read it. Except we know it's always been "For Sale"

We've tried to see privately ourselves and that's not really worked so now we're bringing in an agent to do it for us.

About ****ing time.
    Yep exactly how i seen it.

They have not been able to facilitate a sale to there satisfaction and are fed up with bleeding money into the club. It was rumored just weeks out from the season starting that Western had had a gutful of the situation and Smurfs reigning in there financial support.

My tip is Korda's have been given a timeline to get a deal over the line with the best offer that comes in in that given time frame. Clearly there is a enough is enough mentality and whatever shortfall if any there is between what these other club owners have put in and what the club sells for will be reimbursed from the sale of any new licenses.

I find the statement to be heavy in corporate speak and rather deliberately ambiguous if I'm to be honest.
    Last edited by 380; 23-10-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I find the statement to be heavy in corporate speak and rather deliberately ambiguous if I'm to be honest.
    And that's how we've been treated for a long time too. It gives wiggle-room and no commitment.

By comparison, Perth's process from Sage exit to new owners took 3 months once Korda were appointed Administrators.

Seems the plan is to have the club sold by Christmas which if that's true makes you wonder why they didn't bring in someone like this years ago.

That timeframe is really good though, fingers crossed it means we can fill in some gaps in the squad during the transfer window, based on the game yesterday we're gonna need a new CB ASAP or we can kiss this season goodbye.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Seems the plan is to have the club sold by Christmas which if that's true makes you wonder why they didn't bring in someone like this years ago.

That timeframe is really good though, fingers crossed it means we can fill in some gaps in the squad during the transfer window, based on the game yesterday we're gonna need a new CB ASAP or we can kiss this season goodbye.
    Because doing it by XMas is ****ing us over for this season

We could get some Saudis take over wanting to bring us Mbappe and Haaland and spending up big and we be stuck with the likes of Hoff and Burhagiar for another 12 months