Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Papas Out

Papas Out

Just cant find a way to meld these lads together. Prefers an Arsenal 11.
    Loves possession, hates goals.
    Hates Newy Youth, loves CCM.

Anyone who disagrees gets T-bagged by Hamma. Dont know where he went but he loves it.
    Last edited by JustMe; 10-01-2023 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Just cant find a way to meld these lads together. Prefers an Arsenal 11.
    Loves possession, hates goals.
    Hates Newy Youth, loves CCM.

Anyone who disagrees gets T-bagged by Hamma. Dont know where he went but he loves it.
    Yes Papas is starting to bore me to tears

Think he has potential as a coach tbh. He’s had us playing well at times. First half looked good the other day. Problem is - it’s “oh we played well here”, “played well for this 40 minutes” but not a consistent performance.
    Also think our players, while not the best, have potential to be utilised much better.

The matchup and chemistry isn’t quite there between coach and players it seems to me.
    Not sure if that’s failure of players to implement a plan, or failure of coach to adapt the plan to suit his player strengths/weaknesses/team selection.

Would’ve loved to see Penha in this team though.

Well, there's a coach in Newcastle whose football would probably be OK with this squad.

Stumblins holidaying in Newy is he ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Think he has potential as a coach tbh. He’s had us playing well at times.
    Yeah. He can coach but I dont think he can scrap. He has had some good moments and constant turn over of decent players has definitely hurt.

But we still need a coach out thread to keep him on the toes.

Harry Redknapp in

Guarantee GVE is circling. Ask couscous to ask himself what the go is there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Yes Papas is starting to bore me to tears
    3 goals in the last 9 games

Says plenty

going going ....

Why does Papas never wear a club shirt or club attire for our games.
    Always goes with black pants and plain black shirt.
    Is he superstitious or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    he refuses to

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    I actually noticed this was pretty common nowadays.

Rudan, Moon and Pappas don't.
    Veart, Talay, Aloisi and Popovic wear a plain suit most times and the odd club polo.
    Yorke wore the club hat.
    It's only Corica, Zads and Montgomery that wear the full club get up every week. And Montgomery probably isn't getting paid so wears clothes from the communal pile anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I actually noticed this was pretty common nowadays.

Rudan, Moon and Pappas don't.
    Veart, Talay, Aloisi and Popovic wear a plain suit most times and the odd club polo.
    Yorke wore the club hat.
    It's only Corica, Zads and Montgomery that wear the full club get up every week. And Montgomery probably isn't getting paid so wears clothes from the communal pile anyways.
    Is getting fat. Club shirt no longer fits. Sending Keto jellies now.

Hates scoring goals so doesnt give Archie a shot. Thanks mudflap
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Never understood the attraction to this bloke as a coach. Just because he put the cones out for Ange that meant plenty were all in on this guy. Terribly overrated but the bloke is a very good sales person and he had his fair share of suckers calling for him every time the gig was vacant here. He has the gift of the gab although he did start looking annoyed and getting quite prickly in the latest post match presser.

Some of his recruitment, How he has managed certain players differently after a poor game with some keeping there spots in the starting line up whilst others getting rissoled to the stand next game and then the McGarry debacle just looked totally incompetent from him. Throw in questionable subs such as like for like many weekends in the FB positions.

Something is not quite right at this club at present and goes beyond the ownership issues but directly to our M.I.A Executive Chairman and the pointy end of our coaching staff. Bowlo is about the only one worth keeping IMO.

With a bit of luck Victory or Smurfs will be fooled by the AP false aura and make a play for his services for next season.

I think we?re stuck with him? protected species? you cant have complete disregard for Newcastle and survive unless you have something on the club

I'm surprised people couldn't at least wait until we were actually knocked out of finals contention before starting the annual Facebook comments section thread on here..

We all know we will lose next week so it won't matter, but if Pappas did, and again he's not going to, but if he did manage to take THIS squad to the finals he would pretty much be deserving of a statue outside the stadium.

All I'm saying is, at least wait until we are dead and buried because reading the Eulogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think he had us playing some good football, considering the limitations in the roster.
    Sometimes a bit too conservative with all the back passes and a general lack of creativity up front. But again, our midfielders didn't show much ability to make key passes, and our striker almost never puts himself in the right positions to receive one.

What I didn't like is someone like Ingham being given chances all year - even as a midfielder recently, which is the ultimate pisstake.
    I would have given more chances to young players like Stynes and Timmins over Grozos and Ingham. And Hoffmann, seriously...
    The McGarry thing is hard to justify.

Finals are gone unless we win with a ridiculous goal difference, can't see that happening.
    As usual, it will come down to the few points we wasted (especially the recent back to back goals conceded from corner kicks in injury time).

Ingham has played very well the last two games.

For what it's worth...

All of the squad (28 players) except for 6 played their first minutes for the club under Papas - Hoffman, Thurgate, Duncan, Mauragis, Goodwin & James. This is essentially his team.

With one game of the season remaining:
    - We have equaled our points haul from last season. We finished last season 9th.
    - We have conceded exactly the same amount of goals as last season
    - We have scored 15 goals fewer than last season.

I'd say we haven't necessarily regressed in terms of points but we haven't really progressed either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles