Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Papas Out

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    For what it's worth...

All of the squad (28 players) except for 6 played their first minutes for the club under Papas - Hoffman, Thurgate, Duncan, Mauragis, Goodwin & James. This is essentially his team.

With one game of the season remaining:
    - We have equaled our points haul from last season. We finished last season 9th.
    - We have conceded exactly the same amount of goals as last season
    - We have scored 15 goals fewer than last season.

I'd say we haven't necessarily regressed in terms of points but we haven't really progressed either.
    Thats the way, drown us with mediocracy. So jets.

Improvement or FO. simple innit.

So he talks all about how Archie hasn't played a lot and didn't use him off the bench last week because he needs to protect him and he's not up to it... Then proceeds to start him this week? Am I missing something?

There's a lot behind the scenes that we don't know that can justify his decisions, but it's becoming more baffling

He's gone to the effort to explain his decision now he's gone completely against it. It's as though he's set Archie up to fail in this game so that Papas can prove himself right to the FB brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    So he talks all about how Archie hasn't played a lot and didn't use him off the bench last week because he needs to protect him and he's not up to it... Then proceeds to start him this week? Am I missing something?

There's a lot behind the scenes that we don't know that can justify his decisions, but it's becoming more baffling

He's gone to the effort to explain his decision now he's gone completely against it. It's as though he's set Archie up to fail in this game so that Papas can prove himself right to the FB brigade
    I was thinking exactly the same.
    Didn't play him last week to avoid any risks, then starts him when there is nothing left to play for?

What makes it even more bizarre is no Piscopo behind. Or Thurgate or O'Neill. Finally given a chance. But it's in the deep end with no support

Bloke makes Stubbins look good.

He doesn't play Archie. People froth.

He plays Archie. Exact same People froth.

Absolutely Fuggin Hilarious. This is why nobody is willing to give fans a voice on decisions within the game, collectively we are just a bunch of fools.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This is why nobody is willing to give fans a voice on decisions within the game, collectively we are just a bunch of fools.
    It's got zero to do with fans opinions. It's all to do with what Papas himself said. His reasoning for leaving him on the bench last weekend was that he's protecting him. That's why he hasn't played.

What's he done this week? Started him?? Where's the logic? He's taking the piss. It's purely his ego setting him up to fail. Couldn't play 15 minutes last week because he needs surgery but **** it this week he can start

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    It's got zero to do with fans opinions. It's all to do with what Papas himself said. His reasoning for leaving him on the bench last weekend was that he's protecting him. That's why he hasn't played.

What's he done this week? Started him?? Where's the logic? He's taking the piss. It's purely his ego setting him up to fail. Couldn't play 15 minutes last week because he needs surgery but **** it this week he can start
    He didn't train last week, which is why he was only going to give him 15 mins, once we went down a man and we're trailing he thought the extra work load could injure and undercooked player.

This week he's obviously trained, so Pappas thought he'd start him and see how long he lasts.

Logic is pretty easy to find when you want to, being angry over nothing is way easier tho.

Chin up mate, it's almost over. This game is literally for fun/avoiding an extra Australia cup game. That's it.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Piscopo on and Archie off at the same time. Taking the ****ing piss

This week he's obviously trained, so Pappas thought he'd start him and see how long he lasts.
    Where's the logic in seeing how long he lasts in the last game of the season?
    If he was at risk of injury last week, I assume the risk wouldn't have changed in 7 days?

See everyone next season.

Light off when you're done, please
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Good to see everyone being passionate, unlike Jets management and the APL
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

...and he's out

Its one of the great joys in life opening that email to see if he had in fact resigned or just re-signed for another 3 years.

The anticipation is fantastic.

Anyway, Venables or we riot.

Cheers,
    plague.

So the new coach will moan "it's not my squad".
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Had go go. We need to focus on developing young players and Papas wasn't interested

congratulations to Couscous on his return to the top job at the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    So the new coach will moan "it's not my squad".
    be careful, remember Rads is free.....

Either of the Z crew, Zads or Zane

I actually noticed this was pretty common nowadays.

Rudan, Moon and Pappas don't.
    Veart, Talay, Aloisi and Popovic wear a plain suit most times and the odd club polo.
    Yorke wore the club hat.
    It's only Corica, Zads and Montgomery that wear the full club get up every week. And Montgomery probably isn't getting paid so wears clothes from the communal pile anyways.
    All following Pep who doesn't wear City gear