Thread: ALM 22/23 - Newcastle Jets v Western Syd Wonderers 22/1/23 3pm

ALM 22/23 - Newcastle Jets v Western Syd Wonderers 22/1/23 3pm

Its 3rd v 10th with 6 points difference. 3pm kickoff in perfect 33 deg weather should ensure a quick game.

This game feels significant. If we lose we could end up on top of Syd NPL1 if we aren't careful.

Papas used up all ideas and has listened to the supporters and is giving everyone a go.

If the Jets are allowed to use their creative skills in the attacking 3rd we could score a goal. If we decide to control the game in midfield again we will win possession which is the most important part of soccer in Newy.

I think we have a great chance against these peasants who will be over confident & havent shown up since Melb Victards tore their crowd a new one a few years ago.

2-1 win. All own goals
    Last edited by Eastwest; 19-01-2023 at 05:48 PM.

prediction looking pretty good except looks like you're about 10 degrees too hot with the weather forecast.

Return of the puddle could help our chances.

Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

who do we have to sue to make sure we get a pitch you can actually bloody play on? ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    who do we have to sue to make sure we get a pitch you can actually bloody play on? ridiculous.
    I've been saying for years we need to get away from this crappy stadium if we want to be successful. It costs us ridiculous amounts to play there, we get treated like crap and the surface is one of the worst in the league. Not to mention that there's zero atmosphere at the game regardless of how many they can get inside.

5 years ago we needed to invest in our own stadium somewhere, even it's only a 4000-5000 seater. Pack it each week and we'd end up ahead financially plus the pitch can be laid to suit the way to want to play.

It's shameful to make footballers play on this ice rink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'm shocked. That was a genuinely good ball from Ingham, into space, that allowed Thurgate to run onto an easy ball and finish well!

Ordinary defence though.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I'm shocked. That was a genuinely good ball from Ingham, into space, that allowed Thurgate to run onto an easy ball and finish well!

Ordinary defence though.
    Defenders always forget about Thurgate and his late runs, we usually just struggle to find him with the final ball. He makes that run a few times every game for zero rewards.

Can't wait to see how he does in Europe or Asia when he finally realizes he's too good for this league, he just hasn't had the coaching to show him why.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I know it's a penalty but God it shits me off that we reward bullshit play like that. But it also shits me off that players do dumb, lazy tackles like that.

And it shits me off that the fastest guy on the field is also the slowest thinker with the ball. It's all right Trent, you've got days before the defender gets there...

Oh and by all means Trent SIT ON THE BLOODY GROUND!!!!!!!!

I know everyone will kick Trent into the ground after today, and for good reason, but he definitely needs a break from starting after this week. His confidence looks low and he needs a few bench starts to get his head back up. Poor bloke looked like he didn't want to be there on that last attack, psychologically he looks busted.

Piscopo did enough to warrant a start on one side and hopefully the attack is a bit more balanced regardless.

Also, I love that Sotirio knows his limitations and whenever he's not in open play he just lays it off to Piscopo or Dartsmelia and then runs a route to take a defender away from them, lol. I actually like that.

why did Pappas wait until the 94th minute to sub Buhagiar off? 1 minute to go, we're up their end of the field. All it did was give the wanderers time to recover! they were out on their feet!

We seem to lack any sort of urgency. Everything is slow, nobody really makes good runs.

I thought we were the better team, or at the least had the better chances. Can't believe the keeper managed to stop hoffman's shot.

After the first half, I think a draw is actually impressive for us right now. We look so short on everything, I was shocked at how hard we went for it in the end and how close we came to actually winning it.

Was hoping that assist for the goal would herald a change in performance for Ingham. Took 30 seconds after half time for that hope to evaporate.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast