Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    yes you are correct in some way, most ZL teams do pay players in some way, rego's paid is the norm, some pay more in other ways, but seeing you seem to know everything, how about you tell us all which clubs, who they are paying and how much each is getting?

.I think everyone would like to know....
    Surely there are no ZPL clubs paying their players up to 3k for a season?? From what I?ve read on here the ZL1 Azzurri lads are just a bunch of mates playing together and that seems to be producing a winning formula. Maybe Croatia need to realise that signing these mercenaries isnt the best approach to success after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I am talking about the $3,500 rumour. Everyone knows Zone teams pay players, even the clubs that people on here are from pay players even when they deny their club doesn't pay anyone.
    Thought I would see if the rumour was in fact a trumour and ask the man himself.

He confirmed that he did get offered 3.5k to go and play for Croatia for the rest of the season. Has also been chased by a few other clubs in ZPL but those ones haven't offered him anything remotely similar to Croatia's offer.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Thought I would see if the rumour was in fact a trumour and ask the man himself.

He confirmed that he did get offered 3.5k to go and play for Croatia for the rest of the season. Has also been chased by a few other clubs in ZPL but those ones haven't offered him anything remotely similar to Croatia's offer.
    Well is he taking the cash or staying where he is

Probably the most embarrassing thing I?ve seen in newy football is trying to pay to win in Zone League 1 😂

Not one club doesn't pay anyone. I thought I covered that.
    Not even close to true, smaller clubs don?t have it in their budget to do so

So is Croatia bending the truth on their payment offerings or are all these players just telling lies?

Representatives from Newcastle Croatia are pretty quick to reply on here if anything incorrect is said about their club.
    I think that is all the confirmation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Devils View Post
    Not even close to true, smaller clubs don?t have it in their budget to do so
    You'll find they have some reduced rego or a player gets full rego paid. That's paying your players.

Paying money in the thousands for playing 4th division football is a joke. As unpopular as it might be, I think they need to push Croatia up into the second division so that they are playing in an even field money wise. I'm pretty sure other clubs may be on board with this as it might help stop Croatia throwing money at their players to play against existing clubs.

Or maybe Croatia can spend the money on a new coaching staff to get the best out of an under achieving squad? As with the names listed they should not be loosing games. Are their coaches big names too?

You'll find they have some reduced rego or a player gets full rego paid. That's paying your players.
    Yes, you are correct again, most clubs might pay a rego or reduced rego.
    I really don't think that is an issue, as most clubs will do this in some way, most agree that this is the norm and has been since the 90's and we don't really call this paying players, what others want to pay there players on top of that, now that is paying players.

who really gives a rat's ass to who gets paid in the end, if your club has lost players through this or other clubs have attracted players with extra cash? that's football 2023.

Yes, you are correct again, most clubs might pay a rego or reduced rego.
    I really don't think that is an issue, as most clubs will do this in some way, most agree that this is the norm and has been since the 90's and we don't really call this paying players, what others want to pay there players on top of that, now that is paying players.
    It's all the same, paying players, club paying their rego is just cutting out the middle man and you are paying them to play.

who really gives a rat's ass to who gets paid in the end, if your club has lost players through this or other clubs have attracted players with extra cash? that's football 2023.
    This is my thought it exactly which is why I laugh when people get upset that Croatia pay players even more so when it is from people at clubs who also pay players.

Paying 3.5k for somebody to play half a season of amateur football is pretty funny though.

He would be mad not to take it unless he's got something better to do on a weekend.

Talking smack Taffy, big generalisation. Some clubs are building their club around juniors and people wanting to be part of the club for the right reasons.
    Find it hard to believe clubs are willing to pay players for ZL1. If they want money and are clearly good enough, play a higher league. Cover rego for keys players but not sure why it would go beyond that.

You'll find that as a committee member and coach of a smaller club, I know that not all of them do. Sure some clubs do but you're blowing it out of your arse if you think all clubs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi_89 View Post
    Talking smack Taffy, big generalisation. Some clubs are building their club around juniors and people wanting to be part of the club for the right reasons.
    Find it hard to believe clubs are willing to pay players for ZL1. If they want money and are clearly good enough, play a higher league.
    You say you find it hard to believe but then say the next sentence

Cover rego for keys players but not sure why it would go beyond that.
    Because like it or not covering their rego is paying those players as well.

You say you find it hard to believe but then say the next sentence

did you never have your rego paid? you just seem a little bitter on the whole thing..

That's your opinion which you are very much entitled to, but many others see it differently.

I define being 'paid to play' as receiving money (into my bank account or cash in hand) for the purpose of playing football. Also known as a match payment

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    Probably the most embarrassing thing I?ve seen in newy football is trying to pay to win in Zone League 1 😂
    What about paying to come second in ZL3?

did you never have your rego paid? you just seem a little bitter on the whole thing..
    It's not about being bitter but cutting out the middle man is still paying players. Still costs the club money to have them play.

There is nothing wrong with it, people shouldn't get upset for pointing out that their club does what they are jealous about what Croatia does.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Paying money in the thousands for playing 4th division football is a joke. As unpopular as it might be, I think they need to push Croatia up into the second division so that they are playing in an even field money wise. I'm pretty sure other clubs may be on board with this as it might help stop Croatia throwing money at their players to play against existing clubs.

Or maybe Croatia can spend the money on a new coaching staff to get the best out of an under achieving squad? As with the names listed they should not be loosing games. Are their coaches big names too?
    You can?t put them in NL1 they couldn?t win ZL3 and are not looking like they are killing ZL1