Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone League 1

Azzurri have a 100% win rate with an 8-2 aggregate against Croatia this year.

All those thousands of dollars and Croatia still can't beat them. Total embarrassment of a club.

Must be truly irritating that they fork out so much cash on blokes only to consistently lose to a bunch of guys who refuse to train.

Judging by some of their comments from supporters on their socials, they don?t seem to be taking the loss particularly well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Must be truly irritating that they fork out so much cash on blokes only to consistently lose to a bunch of guys who refuse to train.

Judging by some of their comments from supporters on their socials, they don?t seem to be taking the loss particularly well either.
    The comments on their facebook post were a laugh. Plenty of salt there.

Watched the Stocko v Norths game, unbelievable. Stocko up 2-0, Norths down to 10 only for Norths to fightback to win 3-2.

Croatia beating Norths 9-2 is massive. What on earth happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    Croatia beating Norths 9-2 is massive. What on earth happened?
    You would have to think the heat would have been a major factor in the huge difference. Saturday would have been around 32-33 degrees in Beresfield at kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    You would have to think the heat would have been a major factor in the huge difference. Saturday would have been around 32-33 degrees in Beresfield at kickoff.
    LOL so only Norths had to contend with the "heat"!

I'm sure Norths ended the game with 9 men. Would have been the factor surely

Should be a cracking game. Azzurri & Croatia have been the two best teams in firsts all year. You would have to think Croatia would be coming in fairly confident after putting away 9 goals over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    Should be a cracking game. Azzurri & Croatia have been the two best teams in firsts all year. You would have to think Croatia would be coming in fairly confident after putting away 9 goals over the weekend
    Might've put 9 past the wolves but they haven't beaten the crab stronghold this year. Grand final victory is always sweet but when you're dumping that much cash at your squad the Minor/Major should be a walk in the park. Cant wait to see how saturday goes across all 3 grades

Quote Originally Posted by Avocadomexican View Post
    Might've put 9 past the wolves but they haven't beaten the crab stronghold this year. Grand final victory is always sweet but when you're dumping that much cash at your squad the Minor/Major should be a walk in the park. Cant wait to see how saturday goes across all 3 grades
    Exactly.

After back to back failures to get first past the post against rival Azzurri, I?m intrigued to see whether they buy a ticket to promotion as they did this year.

ZL1 thread and funny how no is yet to post or discuss the GF results? Newcastle Croatia 4 Crabs 0 for those who aren't aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Boban View Post
    ZL1 thread and funny how no is yet to post or discuss the GF results? Newcastle Croatia 4 Crabs 0 for those who aren't aware.
    Who won the minor premiership the most important trophy
    Who you guys throwing the cash at next year

Hats off good result and way to finish the season. Surely you can finish first next year in ZL1 not having to play the Crabs

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Hats off good result and way to finish the season. Surely you can finish first next year in ZL1 not having to play the Crabs
    Well done to Croatia on yesterday's result, Impressive performance.

Well done to the crabs on a great year. Are the crabs moving into ZPL next year?

Croatia won't have it all there own way next year. Southern United will take some stopping themselves.

yes, the reporting of scores leaves a bit to be desired.
    I'm away with family on school holidays and was checking for updates regularly.
    nothing across the board - and I mean that with tongue in cheek - Board/.Assoc still hasn't posted scores for 5 grades of GF's on mygameday at the time of writing.
    I believe it's up to them? not the 'home team' as is usually is?? disc-grace!

thanks to retro, lofty and anfield for posting something for zl2 at least.
    Hoping to see some posts today for the 'Premier' comp in newy
    OR - can anyone post a tip on who's posting scores elsewhere?

Well done to Croatia on yesterday's result, Impressive performance.

Well done to the crabs on a great year. Are the crabs moving into ZPL next year?

Croatia won't have it all there own way next year. Southern United will take some stopping themselves.
    Crabs won't be in ZPL. Not possible unfortunately. More on this in the coming months.

Croatia may find themselves in ZPL without winning a zone league premiership.

I guess it's more a reflection on the zl1 forum than on anything personal to Croatia.

If Croatia hadn't been in the forum this year I think you'd find there's a total of about 20 posts.

Congrats on all grandfinal winners yesterday putting the games to bed but for the neutral I'd been expecting and hoping for alot closer games.

If your looking for scores the games yesterday were on bar TV so if on hols you could watch them in real time?

Looking forward to the road trip to Southern next season. I'm sure they'll have excellent home form if any teams take a bus up the night before 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I guess it's more a reflection on the zl1 forum than on anything personal to Croatia.

If Croatia hadn't been in the forum this year I think you'd find there's a total of about 20 posts.

Congrats on all grandfinal winners yesterday putting the games to bed but for the neutral I'd been expecting and hoping for alot closer games.

If your looking for scores the games yesterday were on bar TV so if on hols you could watch them in real time?

Looking forward to the road trip to Southern next season. I'm sure they'll have excellent home form if any teams take a bus up the night before 🍻
    Cheers ranger
    3rd grade 1 - 0 to Suns

Looks like a good setup there at Myers
    I haven't been past in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Halligooner View Post
    Crabs won't be in ZPL. Not possible unfortunately. More on this in the coming months.

Croatia may find themselves in ZPL without winning a zone league premiership.
    Please explain?

Rumours are they were going to form a new club, FC Novocastria?

Opens the door up for Croatia. Unless they go back to Cardiff , who struggled badly this year.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Please explain?

Rumours are they were going to form a new club, FC Novocastria?

Opens the door up for Croatia. Unless they go back to Cardiff , who struggled badly this year.
    I can?t and won?t speak on the finer details of it all, as nothing is finalised.

What is factual? Crabs (FC Novocastria/HA ZL1) won?t be playing in ZPL in 2024. Us, Hamilton Azzurri ZPL, happily remaining in ZPL in 2024. Therefore, not possible. No swap, etc.

However, what it looks like beyond that is still in construction, whether it?s a new entity or under a different banner. I can?t speak on that as I?m not involved directly with them.

With this in mind, a straight inclusion into ZPL won?t be possible also, as you can expect.