Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    With Azzurri zone 1 now starting a brand new club - Croudace Bay United

Let?s see if NF make them start in zone 3 as per their own rules.
    Good luck to the guys, gutsy decision going out on their own. Going to be extremely difficult to sustain a Zone League team without the support and experience of an established club.

I will give them something, they now have the worse name in Newcastle Football. Is Croudace Bay even a suburb? I thought it was just a Bay with a park known for being a dog park.

They should be in ZPL (zl1,last year) , surely?They finished first in the division below. Ridiculous if not the case. If not them , who??

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Is Croudace Bay even a suburb?
    Yes it is, it's in-between Elebana and Valentine. Are they based in Croudace Bay though, someone said they would be playing out of Mount Hutton.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Yes it is, it's in-between Elebana and Valentine. Are they based in Croudace Bay though, someone said they would be playing out of Mount Hutton.
    It's a tiny suburb. 1/2 km2 with a population of around 600ish. I'm pretty sure everyone who lives there just say they are from Valentine.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Probably, I was just answering his question.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    It's a tiny suburb. 1/2 km2 with a population of around 600ish. I'm pretty sure everyone who lives there just say they are from Valentine.
    They could have played at nearby Windale. Call themselves Windaliens

So why are the Crabs affiliating under the suburb of Croudace Bay when it looks like they will be based at either Mt Hutton or Belmont?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    So why are the Crabs affiliating under the suburb of Croudace Bay when it looks like they will be based at either Mt Hutton or Belmont?
    Probably the same reason Newcastle Olympic play in Hamilton South, Belmont Swansea play in blacksmiths, Charlestown Azzurri play in Whitebridge, what?s your point

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Probably the same reason Newcastle Olympic play in Hamilton South, Belmont Swansea play in blacksmiths, Charlestown Azzurri play in Whitebridge, what?s your point
    Newcastle Olympic formerly known as ?Hamilton Olympic? Azzurri located at Whitebridge for many years before they adopted the name Charlestown. Blacksmiths a suburb sandwiched between Belmont & Swansea (Belswans). So theres historical and geographical connections with every club you?ve named FR but what is a Mt Hutton/Belmont team got to do with Croudace Bay?

Newcastle Olympic formerly known as ?Hamilton Olympic? Azzurri located at Whitebridge for many years before they adopted the name Charlestown. Blacksmiths a suburb sandwiched between Belmont & Swansea (Belswans). So theres historical and geographical connections with every club you?ve named FR but what is a Mt Hutton/Belmont team got to do with Croudace Bay?
    Just like you said, sandwiched 🤦*♂️

Was Holford Oval the old Rugby field?

Just like you said, sandwiched 🤦*♂️

Think you need to take some Lake Macquarie geographical lessons if you think Croudace Bay is sandwiched between Mt Hutton & Belmont. Valentine & Eleebana yes but not sure what kind of weird map you?ve been looking at

Think you need to take some Lake Macquarie geographical lessons if you think Croudace Bay is sandwiched between Mt Hutton & Belmont. Valentine & Eleebana yes but not sure what kind of weird map you?ve been looking at
    🤦*♂️🤷*♂️

🤦*♂️🤷*♂️
    So since FR obviously has no idea if anyone does know why the Crabs chose to associate themselves with the suburb of Croudace Bay please feel free to explain why. Just curious why somewhere closer to their base like Mt Hutton, Windale, Tingira Heights, Floraville or Belmont North was not considered in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Was Holford Oval the old Rugby field?
    Yes correct. It is located behind Mt Hutton primary school. I believe Southern Beaches used to play there.

So since FR obviously has no idea if anyone does know why the Crabs chose to associate themselves with the suburb of Croudace Bay please feel free to explain why. Just curious why somewhere closer to their base like Mt Hutton, Windale, Tingira Heights, Floraville or Belmont North was not considered in the name.
    Ever seen any crabs at those locations?

(The ocean dwelling type…probably plenty of the other kind)

Note: I have NFI

Alliterative purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Ever seen any crabs at those locations?

(The ocean dwelling type?probably plenty of the other kind)

Note: I have NFI
    I have seen them at Teralba if we are going to throw in random lakeside suburbs that are nowhere near where the team is playing I dont see why Teralba should not get a shout out?

I have seen them at Teralba if we are going to throw in random lakeside suburbs that are nowhere near where the team is playing I dont see why Teralba should not get a shout out?
    Would you also suggest that Hamilton Azzurri should be Hexham Azzurri?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Would you also suggest that Hamilton Azzurri should be Hexham Azzurri?
    Hexham Hedgehogs would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Avocadomexican View Post
    Hexham Hedgehogs would be better.
    Hexham Mosquitos.