Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone League 1

After yesterdays domination, the proof is in the pudding that the thousands Croatia has spent is paying dividends.

No one, including myself, would like to admit it, but Croatia would threaten the top echelon of ZPL outfits. Impressive performance.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Who won the minor premiership the most important trophy
    Who you guys throwing the cash at next year
    How is winning something that you've termed as minor the most important trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Boban View Post
    ZL1 thread and funny how no is yet to post or discuss the GF results? Newcastle Croatia 4 Crabs 0 for those who aren't aware.
    Yes they all jump on when Croatia lose and how they can't beat a team. But when Croatia are crowned ZL1 champions they all sulk back under their rocks.

Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in Zone League. Up Croatia.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    He just used the wrong terminology, think you'll find winning the comp gets the title as premiers. And winning the grand final gets you that exact title, " grand final winners". No minor and major now. And premiers is always a better achievement

Funny how every football league around the world is just the home and away season
    Dopey

Funny how every football league around the world is just the home and away season
    Dopey
    Yet this isn't one of those leagues (and not all around the world is just home and away) the person I responded to called it minor

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    He just used the wrong terminology, think you'll find winning the comp gets the title as premiers. And winning the grand final gets you that exact title, " grand final winners". No minor and major now. And premiers is always a better achievement
    I think you'll find that winning the grand final gets you the title "Champions" but what ever helps you guys cope with Croatia winning something.

Ha ha well in Taffy.
    Wouldn't matter if it was around the other way if Croatia had won the "Minor" Premiership these clowns would then be saying that the winning the GF is the one that matters here in Australia.
    Who cares...Minor or Major, Premiers or Champions, we have two titles in our two seasons back as a club plus a Reserve grade title. Like we said months ago; we will do our talking on the pitch where it matters.

Ha ha well in Taffy.
    Wouldn't matter if it was around the other way if Croatia had won the "Minor" Premiership these clowns would then be saying that the winning the GF is the one that matters here in Australia.
    Who cares...Minor or Major, Premiers or Champions, we have two titles in our two seasons back as a club plus a Reserve grade title. Like we said months ago; we will do our talking on the pitch where it matters.
    1 win and 3 losses to them this year but yeah you?re the better team 🤦🏼*♂️

We won the game that matters

I think you'll find that winning the grand final gets you the title "Champions" but what ever helps you guys cope with Croatia winning something.
    To be honest couldn't be bothered digging mine out of the kids dress up box to get the exact terminology used, but knew it wasn't major/minor.

Just thought I'd point it out, I'm to old and to fat these days to be worrying about who's won what in ZL1. Just as long as you're happy with being a champion, that's all that matters. Because I guarantee no one really gives a shit who won it about 24hrs after it finished.

1 win and 3 losses to them this year but yeah you?re the better team ����*♂️
    LOL who has mentioned anything about being the "better team"?
    Azzurri beat us convincingly very early in the season but the 2nd round match and the semi final a couple weeks back were tight games where we dominated possession but just didn't put away our chances. We always thought that at full strength and if we put away our chances that we can beat them and we proved that on Grand Final day. Football can be a funny game as Norths were probably a better football playing team than Azzurri but we managed to beat them 4 out of 4 times this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Because I guarantee no one really gives a shit who won it about 24hrs after it finished.
    They didn't give a shit so much they jumped on to tell us why it didn't matter and why they didn't give a shit. Such as below still telling us how much they don't care
    Last edited by Taffy; 26-09-2023 at 09:42 AM.

I see those at Croatia are still very insecure about their club that they require members of a public forum to try and bloke smoke up their own ass. "Please like us!!!!! Why haven't anybody told us what the grand final score was!!!" I would say that most people had better things to do I guess? Maybe celebrating their own respective seasons or just not living on this forum?

Congrats on the win, well deserved on the day. The two benchmark teams made the grand final and it was NC who showed their strength with a comfortable 4-0 win.

Don't think the Crabs should have any shame in their season. Premiers in 2 grades, Grand Finals in 2 grades and a Grand Final win for their Reserve Grade team. Club Champions for a bunch of blokes who refuse to train and an average age of their squad being about 24-25 years old. Fairly impressive when you consider they haven't had to fork out up to 50k on players to do it as well. Think I saw a few of them still partying yesterday along Beaumont Street so don't think they're overly concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    I see those at Croatia are still very insecure about their club that they require members of a public forum to try and bloke smoke up their own ass. "Please like us!!!!! Why haven't anybody told us what the grand final score was!!!" I would say that most people had better things to do I guess? Maybe celebrating their own respective seasons or just not living on this forum?

Congrats on the win, well deserved on the day. The two benchmark teams made the grand final and it was NC who showed their strength with a comfortable 4-0 win.

Don't think the Crabs should have any shame in their season. Premiers in 2 grades, Grand Finals in 2 grades and a Grand Final win for their Reserve Grade team. Club Champions for a bunch of blokes who refuse to train and an average age of their squad being about 24-25 years old. Fairly impressive when you consider they haven't had to fork out up to 50k on players to do it as well. Think I saw a few of them still partying yesterday along Beaumont Street so don't think they're overly concerned.
    Please spare the BS mate. We all know that if Croatia had lost the GF that a few on here would've posted the result up within hours.
    We really couldn't give a flying toss if you or anyone likes us or not (massive LOL). The fact that we seem to have put some noses out of joint is actually quite funny and gives us that extra little bit of motivation to aspire to be the best we can.
    As for the "Azzurri refuse to train" that's just a myth. Yeah they don't train twice a week but they do train.

Please spare the BS mate. We all know that if Croatia had lost the GF that a few on here would've posted the result up within hours.
    We really couldn't give a flying toss if you or anyone likes us or not (massive LOL). The fact that we seem to have put some noses out of joint is actually quite funny and gives us that extra little bit of motivation to aspire to be the best we can.
    As for the "Azzurri refuse to train" that's just a myth. Yeah they don't train twice a week but they do train.
    I think Croatia rub people the wrong way due to the fact the feel entitled to be promoted each year even after finishing 2nd just because they splash some cash and attract a few players. If there was some humility people may be a bit more on board. The fact people including the coach sprouts before the season starts you will be in ZPL next year and you are yet to finish first across a season makes you seem entitled. Other teams have had to win comps to get promoted. But as a club that doesn?t apply to Croatia in your heads cause you can pay for it. Hope that clears up why people think you are flogs and don?t like the club.

Enjoy the off season hope the dietitian for a 4th division club recommends you some humble pie for pre season next year

Umm no they don?t train actually Boban. They have never trained, and who are you to say they do. Do you have spies? No surprise you have come come out of your hibernation

We really couldn't give a flying toss if you or anyone likes us or not (massive LOL)..
    Yeah, sure thing Luke.....I guess that's why you were on this forum immediately after the game seeking vindication and not celebrating the win with the supporters and squad?

And as for training, where would they train? Smith Park isn't adequate enough is it?

Can confirm they do not train. Maybe football 5s at Speers Point for a few and the Beauford meat raffles on a Friday night.

Some of you need to go easy on the little blue pills, your excitement to bag Croatia is embarrassing.

Back to football - congrats to all teams who made the finals.

Azzurri most consistent across all 3 grades this year and their position showed it.

Few teams have some work to do if they want to remain in zone 1 for 2024.