Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    You might need to explain that concept to Croatia
    Hahaha. Nah check their socials, last year all they cared about was the ?100 goal challenge? which included trial games too 😂 walking in the footsteps of Pele and claiming goals were scored with nothing to officially show for it.

I don't know what's more cringe worth people make new accounts to rag on Croatia about literally everything or the people from Croatia kicking off like 10 yr olds every time someone says something slightly negative about anything semi related to the club. You guys are both as bad as one another, take a chill pill it's ZL1 for christ sake

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    I don't know what's more cringe worth people make new accounts to rag on Croatia about literally everything or the people from Croatia kicking off like 10 yr olds every time someone says something slightly negative about anything semi related to the club. You guys are both as bad as one another, take a chill pill it's ZL1 for christ sake
    Would love to just talk football mate but it's hard when trolls with agendas against the club make baseless accusations.

Probably just ignore it and let the clubs performance on the pitch do the talking.

Was a bit of a reality check for NC i think.

Lots of talk on and off the pitch after Azzurri conceded first that it was "too easy" and that Azzurri were "worse than last year".

Very quiet after the equaliser. Azzurri CB's did a superb job clamping "The best striker in ZFL" who subbed himself off with 10 to go

Big test for HA next week away to a Stockton team who are performing well in the opening rounds. Hope they have a good year the Sharks, were always one of those teams who you would always predict to be amongst the Top 4 but last couple of years dropped off a bit. Always a hard task to go to Corroba and get a result.

Wallsend v NLFC:
    1st: 3-0 Wallsend
    Res: 3-0 NL
    3rds: 2-2

Kudos to Wallsend on their work they have put into their pitch up at Cook Park, especially as they have only had it for a couple of years.
    Held up well in the weather and good surface to play on. Much improved compared to previous years. Well done gents.

oh the irony. Anyways stockton look like a potential contender this year thoughts?

Well said. That will be a tough game for azzurri even the competition winners struggled and ultimately lost against Stocko at their home ground.

I got the chance to go out to the Stockton game. They were solid to be fair. I?m excited to watch Azzurri and them play out at Corobba. I agree with Killa, the Azzurri CB was a class above on Saturday. The Croatian player is class, but easily loses his head and this was evident early on Saturday so well done to the CB.

Rd 1 Replay: New Lambton v Merewether
    Res: 4-3 NL
    3rds: 2-0 Merewether.
    1st Grade tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Comeonmate View Post
    I got the chance to go out to the Stockton game. They were solid to be fair. I?m excited to watch Azzurri and them play out at Corobba. I agree with Killa, the Azzurri CB was a class above on Saturday. The Croatian player is class, but easily loses his head and this was evident early on Saturday so well done to the CB.
    Spoke with a mate at the club who filled me in on the game, the CBs name is Brady. Watched him play a game for the ZPL Azzurri during the COVID year against the Suns and he pocketed two of their strikers (one got subbed early on). Seriously good player so it's no surprise he had McGuinness covered.

Newy Croatia vs Norths
    3s 2-6
    2s 2-1
    1s 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by Comeonmate View Post
    R #stokonotdabomb still??

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Newy Croatia vs Norths
    3s 2-6
    2s 2-1
    1s 5-2
    Did Croatia really have players sent off in all 3 grades yesterday? Are there disciplinary issues throughout the playing roster at the club?

Stocko v Azzurri
    3rds 3-1 Azzurri
    Res 5-0 Azzurri (including 2 goals from halfway)
    1sts 1-1
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Did Croatia really have players sent off in all 3 grades yesterday? Are there disciplinary issues throughout the playing roster at the club?
    No, if you were at the game you would've seen that one was a soft red for a player dropping the F-bomb and another was a 2nd yellow which was actually a mistaken identity situation which even had the North's bench in bewilderment.
    All I will add is that Croatia first and foremost will in every game try to play good football, that is the culture we have adhered to from day one but if clubs want to try and out-muscle us, we have the players to accommodate those tactics too.
    A few injuries and players out yesterday we showed that we have good depth at the club against one of the better clubs in ZL1 in both 1st grade and Reserves.

New Lambton v Mayfield Juniors
    1st: 2-0 Mayf
    Res: 2-0 Mayf
    3rds: 4-0 NL

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Boban View Post
    No, if you were at the game you would've seen that one was a soft red for a player dropping the F-bomb and another was a 2nd yellow which was actually a mistaken identity situation which even had the North's bench in bewilderment.
    All I will add is that Croatia first and foremost will in every game try to play good football, that is the culture we have adhered to from day one but if clubs want to try and out-muscle us, we have the players to accommodate those tactics too.
    A few injuries and players out yesterday we showed that we have good depth at the club against one of the better clubs in ZL1 in both 1st grade and Reserves.
    Seems Zonal caught another Croatian fish. You do realise these guys are trying to bait you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Seems Zonal caught another Croatian fish. You do realise these guys are trying to bait you guys.
    We're actually laughing at them at how predictable they are. We pre-empted that the red card/disciplinary issues would be brought up ha ha.
    It's all a bit of football related banter as long as people don't start making false accusations and spreading BS about the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Boban View Post
    We're actually laughing at them at how predictable they are. We pre-empted that the red card/disciplinary issues would be brought up ha ha.
    It's all a bit of football related banter as long as people don't start making false accusations and spreading BS about the club.
    whats that meme with the crying face but he has the smiling face mask over it? thats this post