Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone League 2

Southern United dominating as expected. Any other teams that are punching above or below their weight?

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    mate ive been in the zone leagues for years and lurked this forum, and no matter what club youre with, whenever you lose its always 'dudley/cardiff 7 thousand players unavailable and we all had to play 4 full games with weighted vests on prior to our actual game'

its zone league, everyone has unavailables every weekend
    Bellbird v Cardiff

First grade 4-4
    Reserves Bellbird won by forfeit

Another week, 19 players unavailable. So we had to forfeit reserve grade. I hope this passes old mates test.

But seriously a crazy game in first grade. Bellbird were up 4-1 with 25 minutes to go when cardiff were reduced to 10 men. Against the odds cardiff stormed home to earn a draw and could have even got a winner.

Bellbird have improved big time this year. Credit to the club and coaches.

Barnsley vs Cardiff

Ressies 4-1
    Could have probably been more but it?s a score that moves the bulldogs closer to finals. Are we the most in form team? (Probably not it?s our 3 rd win but momentum baby)

Firsts
    3-0
    Was 3-0 after about 20 minutes or less. Cardiff could probably remind their keeper he is not playing outfield for a reason and trying to beat Barnsleys golden boot is not his job but free goals is how Barnsleys golden boot builds his tally.

In all truth I respect Cardiff for putting up both squads. They only managed 1 on the bench for ressies and had many backing up for firsts and still only got 2 or 3 on the bench so to hold to 3-0 in firsts is a credit

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    Barnsley vs Cardiff

Ressies 4-1
    Could have probably been more but it?s a score that moves the bulldogs closer to finals. Are we the most in form team? (Probably not it?s our 3 rd win but momentum baby)

Firsts
    3-0
    Was 3-0 after about 20 minutes or less. Cardiff could probably remind their keeper he is not playing outfield for a reason and trying to beat Barnsleys golden boot is not his job but free goals is how Barnsleys golden boot builds his tally.

In all truth I respect Cardiff for putting up both squads. They only managed 1 on the bench for ressies and had many backing up for firsts and still only got 2 or 3 on the bench so to hold to 3-0 in firsts is a credit
    First grade should have been alot closer. We had 2 starters late to the game, we started with 10 and conceded 2 goals while we played short. The 3rd goal could have easily went the other way.
    The second half we played well and created some good chances and could have easily scored 3 or 4.
    But credit to Barnsley, if you don't turn up prepared then you get punished.

Southern v Cardiff
    First 3-0 Southern
    Reserves 4-1 Southern

Not sure if there has been a more impressive club in the bottom division. Their First grade give you nothing, No weak links.

I'm also hearing Kurri beat Lambton 4-0 today. That results means Southern are promoted with 4 games to play. Congratulations to them , really good on the park but also a really good bunch of guys.

Bellbird back to their grubby ways after a player punched a Greta player in the head after a challenge. Congrats on the spoon.
    Id be frustrated too if I was from bellbird...

Are we suppose to have 5 team finals?
    the NNSW page about promotion and regulation says
    " DO WE STILL HAVE FINALS IN ZONE FOOTBALL LEAGUE?
    Yes. Zone League One, Two and Three will continue with their five team finals structure for the foreseeable future. "

Which made me think we did have them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    Are we suppose to have 5 team finals?
    the NNSW page about promotion and regulation says
    " DO WE STILL HAVE FINALS IN ZONE FOOTBALL LEAGUE?
    Yes. Zone League One, Two and Three will continue with their five team finals structure for the foreseeable future. "

Which made me think we did have them this year.
    Yeah, it should be 5-team finals series.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopit View Post
    Yeah, it should be 5-team finals series.
    Yea it?s been fixed up now, when it first released it was only 4 so probably just how GameDay is programmed

First grade finals are just about to kickoff.

Lambton v Kurri
    I'm going to go against their recent clash and tip a Lambton win. But wouldn't be surprised if Kurri win.

Greta vs Nelson Bay
    Really tough one to predict. We played at greta 2 weeks ago and the pitch was bumpy and had little grass on it. Nelson Bay pitch is probably the total opposite. I'm going to tip Nelson Bay in an extremely tight one. Again no surprise if Greta get up.

Big surprise of the season was cooks hill missing out in First grade finals. Had some quality in first grade and for mine were a top 3 side. I'm sure a couple of those guys might appear off the bench for their reserve grade side which will make them hard to stop.

Good luck to all involved in the finals.

0 from 2 last week

Southern specials in firsts vs kurri

Lambton v greta could go either way. On form I will go Greta

Can anyone confirm (or deny) a rumour I heard that the ZL2 Ressie GF is a 10:15am KO at Myer Park on Saturday?
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Can anyone confirm (or deny) a rumour I heard that the ZL2 Ressie GF is a 10:15am KO at Myer Park on Saturday?
    On the website looks like ZL2 is 11am and 1:15pm
    It's football, not s***er!!

Res
    Got there at 1-3. Saw the 4th...gift.
    Fire in the hole!!

1st
    I left after Southern went 1-0 up.
    Keeper looked disappointed with the near post goal.
    Well hit tho.
    Final score?
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Res
    Got there at 1-3. Saw the 4th...gift.
    Fire in the hole!!

1st
    I left after Southern went 1-0 up.
    Keeper looked disappointed with the near post goal.
    Well hit tho.
    Final score?
    Southern 4-2
    It's football, not s***er!!

Was 5-2

Can anyone confirm the Zone Leagues structure and league format for 2024 before I close this thread and start the 2024 ones?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Npl, nl1, zl1, zl2, zl3,
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Npl, nl1, zl1, zl2, zl3,
    Good to see Garden Suburbs coming back. Hopefully some of the good clubmen that left when they dropped out are coming back

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Good to see Garden Suburbs coming back. Hopefully some of the good clubmen that left when they dropped out are coming back
    That would be good. But if I remember correctly their were some major issues between playing group and committee. Maybe they have been resolved