Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone League 2

Any predictions for the weekend??
    My prediction
    50% chance of rain with all games being played.

Cooks Hill V Nelson Bay
    Athfield
    Res CHU 1 v NB 4 (0-2?)
    1st CHU 4 v NB 0 (3-0)
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Thanks Retro Jet
    More results from yesterday, I did get them second hand so could be wrong
    Kurri 2 v Barnsley 2
    Greta or Branxton 1 v Lambton 1

Cardiff v southern united
    Firsts
    cardiff 0 v southern united 2
    Southern dominated the game in the first half and had all the play. Cardiff regrouped in the second half and Finished the better of the two teams with a few good chances. But the damage was done in the first half.

Reserves
    Cardiff 0 v southern united 3
    Good effort by Cardiff, but southern had too much class.

Southern are definitely the team to beat in both grades. They already look hard to beat for the minor premiership. Southern look a club that could easily be in ZPL in a few years.

Barnsley v Cooks Hill

Why do we have no refs????

Res 2-0 CH
    a CH team practiced at throwing elbows, particularly to the throat keeping a Barnsley striker stuck to the bench. (He needs to drink some concrete and just play )

Firsts
    2-1 Barnsley
    controversial final whistle coming at the 85th minute, only to be turned over and another 10 played??

what's more controversial is the CH canteen selling soft drink for $4 and still appearing as "Zone Premier League" in the bank statement

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    Why do we have no refs????
    Because teams insist to play on Saturday despite being told every year that you won't get ref's on Saturday.

Go figure...
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Because teams insist to play on Saturday despite being told every year that you won't get ref's on Saturday.

Go figure...
    When you become a ref you need to nominate either NNSW or one of the 3 zones.If your nominated zone doesnt have work for you there is no alternative for one of the other zones to then offer them work.Fixing that would get a lot more games officiated.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    When you become a ref you need to nominate either NNSW or one of the 3 zones.If your nominated zone doesnt have work for you there is no alternative for one of the other zones to then offer them work.Fixing that would get a lot more games officiated.
    Funny about that is that the zones don’t supply refs to the zone leagues, that’s NNSW
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Lambton v Cardiff
    First grade 2-0 Lambton
    Reserves 3-1 cardiff

Lambton played well and deserved their win. Cardiff down 10 players unavailable, probably the reason the Reserves got up with a couple of guys doubling up but makes it tougher for firsts.

Barnsley v SUFC
    The mighty Barnsley ressies got a minor reward for playing good football all season taking a point from southern in a physical affair (1-1)

Firsts 3-1
    This was probably a closer game than the score suggests 0-0 at half despite chances both ways.
    Southern broke the deadlock in the 70th sending Barnsleys golden boot off the field in a huff in his first start in striker since his hat trick.
    Southern hit again in about the 75th to make it 2-0
    However the Barnsley mistake merchant came off the bench flying scoring of a poor play out from the back, slotting in in near stick (2-1) is this SUFCs first goal from open play??!?
    A hand ball from the CB I?ve heard described as the ?Rolls-Royce of Zone League? let Southern have a pen at the death with no time to even kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Lambton v Cardiff
    First grade 2-0 Lambton
    Reserves 3-1 cardiff

Lambton played well and deserved their win. Cardiff down 10 players unavailable, probably the reason the Reserves got up with a couple of guys doubling up but makes it tougher for firsts.

mate ive been in the zone leagues for years and lurked this forum, and no matter what club youre with, whenever you lose its always 'dudley/cardiff 7 thousand players unavailable and we all had to play 4 full games with weighted vests on prior to our actual game'

its zone league, everyone has unavailables every weekend

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    mate ive been in the zone leagues for years and lurked this forum, and no matter what club youre with, whenever you lose its always 'dudley/cardiff 7 thousand players unavailable and we all had to play 4 full games with weighted vests on prior to our actual game'

Looks like the FBI's best are on the case with their best detective work. Some of your best work. Shame your a few weeks late.

For the record we have played poorly for most of the season that is why we are sitting where we are on the ladder. We have lost 6 games and we deserved to loose them all because the other team played better then us. There are the facts mate......

In saying this , in 2 of the fixtures we had double figures of players unavailable. That's over a third of our squad unavailable. Is it an excuse , maybe? Is it frustrating for the group, For sure. I think results and player availability go a little hand in hand. I'm not the only one that has made these 'Excuses' on the forum, but I'm happy for you to keep lurking......

Had a nice chuckle to this. Nonetheless, best wishes to Cardiff in their struggle with players. A good club vibe over there
    Last edited by Homer7654; 13-06-2023 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    Had a nice chuckle to this. Nonetheless, best wishes to Cardiff in their struggle with players. A good club vibe over there
    Thanks mate, we actually have plenty of players. In 2 games this year we had more then 10 players out, mostly first graders. That make things extremely difficult.

But that's not the main reason we have only won 2 games. We haven't played well, pretty simple.

Looks like the FBI's best are on the case with their best detective work. Some of your best work. Shame your a few weeks late.

For the record we have played poorly for most of the season that is why we are sitting where we are on the ladder. We have lost 6 games and we deserved to loose them all because the other team played better then us. There are the facts mate......

In saying this , in 2 of the fixtures we had double figures of players unavailable. That's over a third of our squad unavailable. Is it an excuse , maybe? Is it frustrating for the group, For sure. I think results and player availability go a little hand in hand. I'm not the only one that has made these 'Excuses' on the forum, but I'm happy for you to keep lurking......

its nothing against any of the clubs youve played for, just your specific username, ive just noticed over the years that every loss is followed by the fact you had players out, everyone does every week thats all

its nothing against any of the clubs youve played for, just your specific username, ive just noticed over the years that every loss is followed by the fact you had players out, everyone does every week thats all
    'Every loss' That's a bit off the mark. I call it the way it is, for starters we have a fair few guys from regional nsw that go to the uni. At different times of the year they go home for up to 7 weeks. The last 3 years we have had around 10 players that fit into this category.

Last night's results
    Cooks hill v Cardiff
    Firsts , cooks hill 3-0
    Reserves , Cooks hill 1-0

Cooks hill were impressive in both grades last night. I think they will end up top 3 in both grades.

'Every loss' That's a bit off the mark. I call it the way it is, for starters we have a fair few guys from regional nsw that go to the uni. At different times of the year they go home for up to 7 weeks. The last 3 years we have had around 10 players that fit into this category.

Last night's results
    Cooks hill v Cardiff
    Firsts , cooks hill 3-0
    Reserves , Cooks hill 1-0

Cooks hill were impressive in both grades last night. I think they will end up top 3 in both grades.
    hey mate, did you have a heap of players out?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    hey mate, did you have a heap of players out?
    You used to be one of them if I remember correctly

You used to be one of them if I remember correctly
    Correct, that's why he is stirring me up 😁

We had only 16 players available for both grades yesterday. 17 unavailable, I'm not sure everyone would have had similar issues. But I'm not using that as an excuse, haha.

First grade
    Nelson Bay 7-2

Reserves Nelson Bay 9-1