Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2023 Zone League 2

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    That would be good. But if I remember correctly their were some major issues between playing group and committee. Maybe they have been resolved
    My memory was the playing group WERE the committee. I thought it was juniors vs seniors was the problem.

Not sure what has changed but best of luck to the Burb, they were a great bunch both on and off the field, and it's about time someone stacked reserve grade again.
    OK

So is it the group that left Garden Suburbs for Cardiff and are now back again?

I believe it is another young group of player.

Majority of the old squad moved to Cardiff to play ZL2/3 with a few hanging up the boots now.

I would be surprised to see any players return but wouldn't completely rule it out with a few playing over 20 years at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Good to see Garden Suburbs coming back. Hopefully some of the good clubmen that left when they dropped out are coming back
    Highly unlikely, most will never return while the committee are there. That committee are a group of people who think they're bigger than the club and drove all the long term playing group away to ensure they maintain control.

A warning for any potential players.