Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALM 22/23 - Jets v Roar - 27/1/23 7:45pm

We looked much better starting both Stynes and Piscopo, which I’m not too sure if we’ve done before, also Trent works way better as a substitute, is clearly not a starting footballer.

Starting those two, and replacing Sotirio with our new Japanese export will hopefully make a huge difference on our attack.

Everyone jerking it over Archie scoring. But **** me. Goal aside, he did nothing. Got pushed off the ball and turned it over a lot. Spent a lot of time deep in our own half? Even th goal was some woeful defending

Granted he doesn't get much time to get any rhythm, but I don't think he has been knocking the door down to get more game time from his performances

He scores two goals against Sydney one time and he's the next Messi. Ffs he's done nothing

I think he's got massive potential, but he's barely demanding a starting spot or even extra minutes at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Everyone jerking it over Archie scoring. But **** me. Goal aside, he did nothing. Got pushed off the ball and turned it over a lot. Spent a lot of time deep in our own half? Even th goal was some woeful defending

Granted he doesn't get much time to get any rhythm, but I don't think he has been knocking the door down to get more game time from his performances

He scores two goals against Sydney one time and he's the next Messi. Ffs he's done nothing

I think he's got massive potential, but he's barely demanding a starting spot or even extra minutes at this stage
    He was under Deans when he got a proper lookin and some consistent minutes, Papas gives him nothing and it shows when he is picked how out of touch game wise he is
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Same with Gus, scores a goal and everyone has him off to Man City, ignore the hype, especially the Herald hype
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Same with Gus, scores a goal and everyone has him off to Man City, ignore the hype, especially the Herald hype
    I don't think Gus will do well to try his luck overseas based off his highlights. He can play multiple roles to a high standard and his ability to find space and use it is of decent quality. He's not going the make it at the highest level, but in a more competitive environment with a higher standard of play I'd like to see if he can make the step up and do well. The SPL or Swiss league would be where he should try and aim.

Considering the amount of Aussies overseas right now that have barely even made an impact on the A League before they left, he's got a good chance.

Worst case scenario he comes back and can at least say he tried to make it at a higher level than a Pub league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'm in a pretty similar position to this, he looked terrible when he came on again which is probably why he isn't getting too many minutes.

BUT, his ability to finish easy chances and get into positions against tired defences is very good to see at this stage in his career. I'm sick of the Facebook idiots constantly using Archie as a stick to beat Pappas with. Pappas definitely makes some bad choices regarding some players, but Archie is getting the right amount of game time given his age and injury history. No need to rush things with him yet and he's got plenty of room to improve before he starts warranting a starting spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm in a pretty similar position to this, he looked terrible when he came on again which is probably why he isn't getting too many minutes.

BUT, his ability to finish easy chances and get into positions against tired defences is very good to see at this stage in his career. I'm sick of the Facebook idiots constantly using Archie as a stick to beat Pappas with. Pappas definitely makes some bad choices regarding some players, but Archie is getting the right amount of game time given his age and injury history. No need to rush things with him yet and he's got plenty of room to improve before he starts warranting a starting spot.
    Issue is that is fine if we are winning

If we ain't winning which most weeks is the case exactly what is the point of not putting him on??

Makes **** all sense to be playing Burhagier ahead of him

I would actually like us to play two up top and have him and Beka playing as 2 Central Attackers

Currently Beka is a better player then Archie. It's as simple as that.

I can't see how he can have any impact when all he got so far is 6 appearances with an average of 13 minutes per game.
    He even managed to score 1 goal (in 78 minutes played, as someone pointed out - although I would not use this to compare him to other players, but still...).

If the problem is potential injuries, I get it. But give him 30 minutes every now and then?

BTW we could use your first sentence for Beka M as well: goal aside, he didn't offer that much. Yes he runs around a lot, but for what?
    He is not creating chances, or scoring goals, or getting in the right positions to score. He is too easy to read for the defenders. He is not a first striker.
    (I also didn't understand his goal celebration: 3 goals in 14 games, who is he angry with?)

I feel for Goodwin sometimes being subbed on in lost games or in the 90th minute trying to find an equaliser/winner. But I can also agree that he’s not really making a huge impact in those minutes, not sure if anybody can tbh. Not sure what the solution is though. I don’t think he’d offer much starting every week, but maybe 30 minutes at the end and mix things up a bit formation wise. Idk, but these 5-10 minute cameos aren’t doing anybody much good.

Beka needs somebody to feed off and play with. Last season he had the service and creativity of Penha to provide some assists and also take some attention away from him. Now he’s the marquee man for opposition teams to worry about, he’s not the creative type to be running at defenders. He’s more flicks and back heels and deft touches and finishes.

I really hope Thurgate doesn’t turn into the next Bayern prospect like Kanta did.
    I thought this year was going to be his breakout year.
    Thought he was brilliant last season. This year, I don’t think he’s lived up to those standards, he’s playing a different role. While he’s not playing bad by any stretch, I’m not getting the same impression that he’s destined for better things. If I were him, I’d be trying to get a gig at a championship/SPL club. He has potential to be a Jackson Irvine type player. Not super flash. But gets stuck in, runs all day and commits for the team.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 29-01-2023 at 08:26 AM.