Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Cardiff Zone League 2 are looking for a goalkeeper. Enquiries can be made through Kieran on 0418453655

Quote Originally Posted by Baldeagle View Post
    Any idea when fixtures will go live? We are only 3 weeks out from season start after all.
    Your answer is in your question, if it's 3 weeks until the season, it's 2 weeks until we get our schedule.

Tough titties to anyone that has Scone in the first week or two.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Scone aren't in any All Age or 35s comps

Muswellbrook have a few Friday teams though - which is a bit shit if you're travelling from the down south

Pretty much all of the HV clubs are out of the Saturday comp. Only Largs with 3 teams, Gresford with 2, and Methford, Maitland and Dungog with a team each in the lower grades.

Why do they insist on splitting up teams from the same club into different competitions? Bellbird has 2 teams in the bottom 2 grades of Friday all age, surely they'd rather have a game against each other than have to travel into town after work (and save having another team drive out there). Several similar examples of this throughout the draw. Gresford Vacy in A and C grade - just throw them both in B grade and save the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by j_tez View Post
    Why do they insist on splitting up teams from the same club into different competitions? Bellbird has 2 teams in the bottom 2 grades of Friday all age, surely they'd rather have a game against each other than have to travel into town after work (and save having another team drive out there). Several similar examples of this throughout the draw. Gresford Vacy in A and C grade - just throw them both in B grade and save the hassle.
    These teams may have asked for those grades. That Gresford team in A is very good and would dominate the B grade comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    These teams may have asked for those grades. That Gresford team in A is very good and would dominate the B grade comp.
    you have to apply for a grade, that's how it is generally worked out, they don't just pick it out of a hat.(although sometimes we may think they do).

Any insight on the draw?

I know 10 days out from the comp starting is way to early for the association
    but was hoping to plan ahead as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Any insight on the draw?

I know 10 days out from the comp starting is way to early for the association
    but was hoping to plan ahead as soon as possible
    Can someone with knowledge of how it all works explain why the associations are only able to develop the draws a week before the season? The initial reaction is "their just incompetent, grading has been known for weeks already it and ground availability is known, it shouldn't take that long"; but I'm assuming that this is narrow sighted and that there is actually some real legitimate reason why year after year we're only given a week's notice.

home fixtures have just been provided to clubs for checking - as in 20 minutes ago

once clubs have done a very quick check, the fixtures will be finalised and distributed

so the fixtures will be up either tonight or tomorrow morning

My club got home fixtures maybe 2 weeks ago to check. That's Hunter Valley. So it's all different time frames and it's getting all the data together to publish.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonmcqueen View Post
    Can someone with knowledge of how it all works explain why the associations are only able to develop the draws a week before the season? The initial reaction is "their just incompetent, grading has been known for weeks already it and ground availability is known, it shouldn't take that long"; but I'm assuming that this is narrow sighted and that there is actually some real legitimate reason why year after year we're only given a week's notice.
    The short answer is that it would depend on what fixture development program they use. Gameday has one built in, but it is pretty basic. Also clubs would have requests that they would have to go through and they would need to take into consideration availability clashes and/or ensuring there are no time clashes. For a competition of the size of the 3 zones, It would be a very complex process.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    My club got home fixtures maybe 2 weeks ago to check. That's Hunter Valley. So it's all different time frames and it's getting all the data together to publish.
    yep, Hunter Valley does the draw - which is why you guys get the grades you ask for and the times you ask for

I've been doing the grading for my club for over a decade. The only time I think I ever get what I ask for is when I ask specifically for 'A' grade. Plenty of times have I asked for low grades with info to back that request up and all of a sudden end up in A or B.

If my experience with grading and requests was meant to be preferential because it was done by Hunter Valley and they were meant to look after us, I think they missed the memo. I was always under the impression it was done by all the zones together in long drawn out meetings.

games are online now

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Scone aren't in any All Age or 35s comps

Muswellbrook have a few Friday teams though - which is a bit shit if you're travelling from the down south
    Spare a thought for the guys from Muswellbrook who travel each second week down the Hunter Expressway! That is commitment! If they have an 8pm kickoff away, they'd be lucky to get home before midnight!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Spare a thought for the guys from Muswellbrook who travel each second week down the Hunter Expressway! That is commitment! If they have an 8pm kickoff away, they'd be lucky to get home before midnight!
    Nah, it’s all about the inner city teams who, heaven forbid, might have to travel past the railway line.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Nah, it’s all about the inner city teams who, heaven forbid, might have to travel past the railway line.
    Hey mate, judging by a previous post your a keeper? Looking for a game this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I've been doing the grading for my club for over a decade. The only time I think I ever get what I ask for is when I ask specifically for 'A' grade. Plenty of times have I asked for low grades with info to back that request up and all of a sudden end up in A or B.

If my experience with grading and requests was meant to be preferential because it was done by Hunter Valley and they were meant to look after us, I think they missed the memo. I was always under the impression it was done by all the zones together in long drawn out meetings.
    yep, i have been doing my clubs since Noah played also, this year the opposite happened asked for certain grades, all went the other way except for our lowest sat team, older team not real good, i asked for the lowest available, threw us in G.

0/35's Friday H Grade
    Edgeworth v Rutherford
    1-0 to the Eagles