Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    0/35's Friday H Grade
    Edgeworth v Rutherford
    1-0 to the Eagles
    Great to start the year with a win & hopefully no injuries.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Great to start the year with a win & hopefully no injuries.
    I was on the wrong end of the scoreline, and we played all but 5 minutes of the match with 11 after an early injury. Gotta love being the wrong side of 35

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    I was on the wrong end of the scoreline, and we played all but 5 minutes of the match with 11 after an early injury. Gotta love being the wrong side of 35
    Long season ahead for the dragons if you can only get 11 players for round 1.

Kahibah forfeited round 1 against our D Grade side, not a great start for them either.

Thanks for the notified forfeit Barnsley.
    Thanks for not passing it on Macquarie. It?s not due to the Telstra outage but good try.
    Last edited by Charman; 09-05-2023 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Changed

Any one from Bolwarra or Uni able to shed some light on this? Wild result.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Any one from Bolwarra or Uni able to shed some light on this? Wild result.

One of our new teams who had never played together before (forfeited Round 1) with only 10 players against a very good young Bolwarra side. Our boys bounced back very well in Round 3 showing it was just a blip

Lads, what usually happens if a team has fielded players from higher divisions in AA?

Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    Lads, what usually happens if a team has fielded players from higher divisions in AA?
    Lodge a dispute & if proven it will be a 0-3 result against the offending team

It's all age, or a kick about with mates league. So what you do is dont whinge and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    It's all age, or a kick about with mates league. So what you do is dont whinge and move on.
    No it is players cheating in a game. And if it is just a kick about with mates, why do they feel the need to bring in players from higher leagues?

What you do is you lodge a complaint and if proven the score will be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    No it is players cheating in a game. And if it is just a kick about with mates, why do they feel the need to bring in players from higher leagues?

What you do is you lodge a complaint and if proven the score will be changed.
    i agree, cant just bring players from higher down to play lower.
    Rules are rules, plus be careful as there are quite a few teams kicked out for doing so...be careful in what you do.

You talk to them directly before, during, and after and settle it like adults.

You do your best not to just watch on, let it happen, wait to see how the result goes, and then throw the book at them during the week after.
    OK

If they take the risk that's their problem. That also assumes you know before the match.

🤣🤣
    Cheating🥱🥱 what are they playing for the world cup
    If anyone thinks AA is anything other then a kick about with mates, your dreaming.
    Just enjoy the challenge and the game with your mate then get on with your life. Anyone who needs to put in a complaint to get the result changed for AA football in Newcastle is playing it for the wrong reason.

what are they playing for the world cup
    If anyone thinks AA is anything other then a kick about with mates, your dreaming.
    These are good questions for those teams that feel they need to bring in players from higher levels.

Just enjoy the challenge and the game with your mate then get on with your life.
    Another good statement for those happy to break the rules.

Anyone who needs to put in a complaint to get the result changed for AA football in Newcastle is playing it for the wrong reason.
    I feel you're in a team who constantly does this, love to see your reaction when your oppositions decides to ask their mate Boogaard and McBreen to play just for a kick.

����
    Cheating���� what are they playing for the world cup
    Just enjoy the challenge and the game with your mate then get on with your life. Anyone who needs to put in a complaint to get the result changed for AA football in Newcastle is playing it for the wrong reason.
    There can be wildly disparate skill levels across All Age grades and ring-ins can make a fun competitive kick with your mates in to a miserable experience getting torn apart by players of a much higher skill level. Grading is enough of a crapshoot as it is without teams taking the piss with ring-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    These are good questions for those teams that feel they need to bring in players from higher levels.

Another good statement for those happy to break the rules.

I feel you're in a team who constantly does this, love to see your reaction when your oppositions decides to ask their mate Boogaard and McBreen to play just for a kick.
    You would be wrong, don't play any more at all and haven't once kicked a ball in AA in my life. Played zone football for Barnsley for in excess of 15yrs.

Ever thought that this team may have been short, would you rather a forfeit and no game at all.

Played zone football for Barnsley for in excess of 15yrs.
    Well that explains it all

Didn't realise this would be such a hot topic.
    For those playing at home, the opposition had players on the bench but still ran players from an higher grade.
    Club sent an inquiry - found out that 3 players were played from a higher grade and result was changed.