Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Jets Academy/Pre Academy

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    As someone with significant investment in youth football, please sit down.
    I doubt you've got more than me!

The mariners made a motza selling youth players overseas this season. for example Pavlesic being sold to bayern is massive, as well as all the others I won't go through and list.
    I am just sad that Miguel has left with monty as he was a huge fountain of knowledge in the goalkeeping space and not opposed to sharing that with those interested and becoming better players for it.

No they didn't make a motza, most of those deals were done prior to being at CCM. Di Pizio, Pav etc. The figures for transfer fees are very low around 100k for Pav.

I can almost say that 13's and 14s at the mariners will almost be exclusively youth that live local (or localish) and as they get older they will scout from further out, they have a GK from brisbane and another from Canberra I think in the senior academy space if my memory serves me right, as their teams get older they get better as they attract players not opposed to being sold and playing overseas or able to move into the region

And?? The dominant 15's are 90% local and will be the same in the 16's for 2024.

It's a massively positive business model, so trying to pull them down on results really just makes you look silly. The players know where the opportunities lie.

That's just not true at all, the owner will go broke. No Academy players are flowing into the A League Team. Well not for some time anyway. They let Bayliss leave as an example.
    whatever crack you are on you need to get a new dealer. that's some serious rubbish you are talking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    One of them are the Broadmeadow 1?st grade coach next season
    Pretty convinced the dude has no idea even what day of the week it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    whatever crack you are on you need to get a new dealer. that's some serious rubbish you are talking.
    Send me a PM for details..

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Pretty convinced the dude has no idea even what day of the week it is.
    Not good for Broadmeadow if that’s the case, could do a Warners Bay, major / minor premiers to wooden spooners. I wouldn’t think Broadmeadow were that dumb, Who is the coach ??

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Not good for Broadmeadow if that’s the case, could do a Warners Bay, major / minor premiers to wooden spooners. I wouldn’t think Broadmeadow were that dumb, Who is the coach ??
    The U14s Mariners coach that Jetty said is rubbish is the NPL 1st grade Magic coach for 2024. Been with Magic for years as a coach and player has an A licence. Don't think it is a dumb decision to appoint him

It's not hard to have these conversations without resorting to personal insults.
    I've deleted a few comments, repeat offenders won't be tolerated.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Just heard TD from NNSW is in talks with Jets Academy to become 2024 TD.
    Might explain why certain 14 year old Jets kid was selected into the 15s Squad for National Youth Championships.
    Last edited by pty22; 22-09-2023 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pty22 View Post
    Might explain why certain 14 year old Jets kid was selected into the 15s Squad for National Youth Championships.
    Do you feel better now you?ve singled out a 14yr old kid?

So what's GVE doing with Northern's TD is taking his spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    I dont believe thats a shot at the child if its the boy Im expecting it to be with the Dad in charge. Im sure he will accept unwittingly every opportunity his Dad can get him and Im sure you can also ask the new 15s keeper too. Same old same old my son went through this as we all did and its still who you know.
    Last edited by Retired01; 22-09-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I dont believe thats a shot at the child if its the boy Im expecting it to be with the Dad in charge. Im sure he will accept unwittingly every opportunity his Dad can get him and Im sure you can also ask the new 15s keeper too. Same old same old my son went through this as we all did and its still who you know.
    I don?t know who the kid is but wouldn?t be too hard to find out if he?s playing up. But why even mention the child? So much for this page filtering out all the crap. We all know there?s kids in teams because of who their parents are but I don?t believe we should be singling the kids out. Not their fault, the people in charge should be fixing that only if they don?t deserve the spot that is. And I didn?t think the nnsw td had a kid?

We all know there's kids in teams because of who their parents are but I don't believe we should be singling the kids out. Not their fault, the people in charge should be fixing that
    Well said.

Nah. Hes showing much more respect to this lad than what youve shown over the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Not their fault, the people in charge should be fixing that only if they don?t deserve the spot that is?
    No different to the local scene. Every 3rd team has a dad coach who?s kid doesn?t warrant a spot in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Nah. Hes showing much more respect to this lad than what youve shown over the last few years.
    Do you need a hug Jim?

Happy to have a conversation with any of you guys face to face and discuss your concerns.

Unlike most of you happy to put my name to it and not hide behind fake accounts.

I?m in the office at speers point Monday to Friday feel free to come in and have a chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo777 View Post
    Happy to have a conversation with any of you guys face to face and discuss your concerns.

Unlike most of you happy to put my name to it and not hide behind fake accounts.

I?m in the office at speers point Monday to Friday feel free to come in and have a chat.
    Nah lets chat here remembering you are too arrogant to even acknowledge nearly anyone outside of the elite inner clique.

1st Dont get too offended. you arent the first person to have a lad get a good leg up in this space since youve claimed a seat at the table with your $$$. Happens at every club and Good luck to him, hope he takes his chance.

2nd The environment that you help fund and run is toxic and unscrupulous. exhibit A already gone for ineffective service and disreputable behaviour. Hope you arent choosing the next candidate.

3rd I didnt mention you but cant work out why you want to generalise with your abusive call of faceless people on here for suggesting factual information.

Interestingly the scum on here strive for integrity, fairness and best football development for ALL kids in this city. Since you cant provide this feel free to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Not good for Broadmeadow if that?s the case, could do a Warners Bay, major / minor premiers to wooden spooners. I wouldn?t think Broadmeadow were that dumb, Who is the coach ??
    you've misread my post. I was referring to JettyJet who is still living in a hallucination.

That's pretty significantly against the rules, all players at nationals should be playing in their own age group. I would suggest that if you do have information of this happening it is passed onto Football Australia. There is an email address if you need it.

But then again northern aren't supposed to be fielding any players registered to a NSW football club by their own rules - not to mention the insurance issues around this, its an ongoing significant ethical issue as they told some kids they weren't eligible for nationals if they were registered with a NSW football club - which is exactly what the jets are. Make them get picked in a NSW squad like the rest of them have to and let the locally registered kids go to nationals. I have no problem with an all in or all out rule. going to nationals has zero impact on being selected for the joeys etc. they are being seen plenty enough.

Where did I see that post regarding NNSW rules regarding player eligibility? Is it correct that to be a part of the NNSW squad a player must be registered under NNSW?

The Newcastle Jets Academy are not registered under NNSW, they are Football NSW right?

CC Mariners players that wanted to trial for the NNSW squad were turned away and told they had to trial for the NSW Metro teams because they are registered under Football NSW, not NNSW

But neither are the Jets so why did they not have to follow the same process as every other club?

2023 NNSW Youth Championships Squads.

      •     14s Girls: 6 NNSW players, 10 Newcastle Jets
          •     16s Girls: 1 NNSW player, 15 Newcastle Jets
          •     15s Boys: 8 NNSW, 9 Newcastle Jets
          •     16s Boys: 4 NNSW, 13 Newcastle Jets.

Under what extraordinary circumstances could this have been approved?
    This composition demonstrates a complete disregard for all NNSW registered kids and now questions the pathway NNSW promotes to its members.