Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Jets Academy/Pre Academy

Quote Originally Posted by pty22 View Post
    Gomez duped players and parents.
    Gazza duped Gomez, players and parents
    Blobson is duping them all including sponsors NNSW and jets bosses. Or at least he thinks he is
    Who is Blobson

He means Mark Robson, whom insiders have told me has been dropped as well. GVE covered in Teflon

Quote Originally Posted by pty22 View Post
    Gomez duped players and parents.
    Gazza duped Gomez, players and parents
    Blobson is duping them all including sponsors NNSW and jets bosses. Or at least he thinks he is
    sadly, so true.

But which dodgy merchants are coming into replace them?

Has this youth academy every had a positive football culture?
    Last edited by Eastwest; 18-09-2023 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    He means Mark Robson, whom insiders have told me has been dropped as well. GVE covered in Teflon
    considering Ang and gve have opposite football theory where 1 is an absolute success and the other is a legend in his own lunchbox.

How Gaz stays with his 400 back pass rule is beyond me.

Who is Ang? @Eastwood

Also, saw the Jets youth positions for the season, how that equates to a 2nd in club championship feels weird and cheap

18s - 9th
    16s - 1st (great result)
    15s - 9th
    14s - 9th
    13s - 11th

(And a another year in third tier for Snrs)...just feels like they are getting so much wrong

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Who is Ang? @Eastwood
    think he is referring to ang postecoglu

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Who is Ang? @Eastwood

Also, saw the Jets youth positions for the season, how that equates to a 2nd in club championship feels weird and cheap

18s - 9th
    16s - 1st (great result)
    15s - 9th
    14s - 9th
    13s - 11th

(And a another year in third tier for Snrs)...just feels like they are getting so much wrong
    And compare it to the idolized neighbours in the south..

18's -1st
    16's- 6th
    15's- 2nd
    14's -14th
    13's- 16th (last)

13's don't count for CC.
    Future look bright at CCM............

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post

18's -1st
    16's- 6th
    15's- 2nd
    14's -14th
    13's- 16th (last)

13's don't count for CC.
    Not sure of the point youre making.

18 players

Adamstown Rosebuds 23 > Jets Academy 24

#nothingtoseehere 👀

Quote Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post
    Not sure of the point youre making.
    Don't think he is making any point just that showing that CCM did better this year

18's -1st
    16's- 6th
    15's- 2nd
    14's -14th
    13's- 16th (last)

13's don't count for CC.
    As someone with significant investment in youth football, please sit down.

The mariners made a motza selling youth players overseas this season. for example Pavlesic being sold to bayern is massive, as well as all the others I won't go through and list.
    I am just sad that Miguel has left with monty as he was a huge fountain of knowledge in the goalkeeping space and not opposed to sharing that with those interested and becoming better players for it.

I can almost say that 13's and 14s at the mariners will almost be exclusively youth that live local (or localish) and as they get older they will scout from further out, they have a GK from brisbane and another from Canberra I think in the senior academy space if my memory serves me right, as their teams get older they get better as they attract players not opposed to being sold and playing overseas or able to move into the region.

It's a massively positive business model, so trying to pull them down on results really just makes you look silly. The players know where the opportunities lie.

18 players

#nothingtoseehere ��
    Is that in the senior academy space (mens?) or womens?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

The mariners made a motza selling youth players overseas this season. for example Pavlesic being sold to bayern is massive, as well as all the others I won't go through and list.
    I am just sad that Miguel has left with monty as he was a huge fountain of knowledge in the goalkeeping space and not opposed to sharing that with those interested and becoming better players for it.

I can almost say that 13's and 14s at the mariners will almost be exclusively youth that live local (or localish) and as they get older they will scout from further out, they have a GK from brisbane and another from Canberra I think in the senior academy space if my memory serves me right, as their teams get older they get better as they attract players not opposed to being sold and playing overseas or able to move into the region.

It's a massively positive business model, so trying to pull them down on results really just makes you look silly. The players know where the opportunities lie.
    it doesn't help that the 13's and 14's Coaches are hopeless.

18 players

#nothingtoseehere ��

What about the Kurri Kurri, Swansea and other community players that were offered positions?
    Did any take them up? Respect to those who declined.
    Alarming to see such a high volume of players, coaches and funders that canon -balled themselves out of the academy this year.
    What appears to be left for 2024 is an overall average level of talent on and off the field, delusional parents that still believe their 'pay to play' will eventuate into something beyond a tsp match against Mariners and Sydney FC and players who have long dreamed to don the Jets trackies.
    Some minor transparency between the staff and coaches can solve their problems in an instant but this is not possible when each is only looking after their own backyard.
    Last edited by pty22; 19-09-2023 at 02:46 PM.

I doubt you've got more than me!

No they didn't make a motza, most of those deals were done prior to being at CCM. Di Pizio, Pav etc. The figures for transfer fees are very low around 100k for Pav.

I can almost say that 13's and 14s at the mariners will almost be exclusively youth that live local (or localish) and as they get older they will scout from further out, they have a GK from brisbane and another from Canberra I think in the senior academy space if my memory serves me right, as their teams get older they get better as they attract players not opposed to being sold and playing overseas or able to move into the region

And?? The dominant 15's are 90% local and will be the same in the 16's for 2024.

That's just not true at all, the owner will go broke. No Academy players are flowing into the A League Team. Well not for some time anyway. They let Bayliss leave as an example.
    Last edited by JettyJet; 19-09-2023 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Edits needed

That would be 18 Adamstown players heading into the women?s academy next season. Along with those that came across just as the this season started.

it doesn't help that the 13's and 14's Coaches are hopeless.
    One of them are the Broadmeadow 1?st grade coach next season

Women?s Youth

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    That would be 18 Adamstown players heading into the women?s academy next season. Along with those that came across just as the this season started.
    keep in mind a good number of those 18 were selected for the Under 13s for 2024 along with a heap from Azzuri all who featured in this years PYLG 13 Grand final.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Ah right thanks for the clarification you meant Women's. Not a surprise when their head coach is now back into the Jets and significantly influential on that side.