Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Jets Academy/Pre Academy

Thought on the announcement of Jets and Lakes joining forces together? Heard a lot of talk over the weekend both good and bad. Set to help Lakes with players being cut from the Academy told to go play for Lakes and senior players being loaned out to Lakes, should help them get off the bottom of the ladder and avoid relegation next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Thought on the announcement of Jets and Lakes joining forces together? Heard a lot of talk over the weekend both good and bad. Set to help Lakes with players being cut from the Academy told to go play for Lakes and senior players being loaned out to Lakes, should help them get off the bottom of the ladder and avoid relegation next year.
    No player can be told they need to go play for any club. Lakes are big losers out of this deal. Do you honestly believe a player almost good enough for Jets will opt for a tier 2 club? I think not!

Sounds like Jets just want to play on some grass.
    Aside from the academy being next door, I’m a little puzzled.
    Granted, not sure how it’s all going to work.
    But if I was a player cut from Jets program, I don’t think I’m going to play for Lakes. Unless there’s a massive overhaul of the Lakes squad, ambitions, junior development and they revert back to their kits and I can play in their navy and white kit from 2010 (ish).

I?d give it a couple of years and lakes may not be around

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    No player can be told they need to go play for any club. Lakes are big losers out of this deal. Do you honestly believe a player almost good enough for Jets will opt for a tier 2 club? I think not!
    It?s just Hunter sports high v2.0. Remember when all the jets kids were going to go to school there in exchange for use of the fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Sounds like Jets just want to play on some grass.
    Aside from the academy being next door, I’m a little puzzled.
    Granted, not sure how it’s all going to work.
    But if I was a player cut from Jets program, I don’t think I’m going to play for Lakes. Unless there’s a massive overhaul of the Lakes squad, ambitions, junior development and they revert back to their kits and I can play in their navy and white kit from 2010 (ish).
    yep. On the whole, the comp is more even than ever. Their are plenty of choices.

There's an elite strut going on at the moment in their corridors. Good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I?d give it a couple of years and lakes may not be around
    What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I don?t see them surviving if/when they are relegated from NPL, hopefully I?m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I don?t see them surviving if/when they are relegated from NPL, hopefully I?m wrong.
    They'll survive and just play NewFM, probably be good for the club to get a wake up call.

I also think it's a tough ask to expect a kid to leave the Jets to go play at Lakes (relegation is a real threat to the club, and the gap is a big obviously a big one)...and what happens to the kid already at Lakes, when someone gets dumped out of the Jets mid season and takes their spot?

Hopefully it works out well for them though...we all love underdog stories

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Its really unfortunate that people here can't read a press release properly and have literally gone and made a heap of s$$t up.

The press release states that its a strategic partnership to work together on continuing facility Improvements and likely some sharing of the facilities (lakes have a 2 million dollar facility redevelopment that is not far away from beginning and 500k in the bank for raising the pitch), in return the jets will share their coaching knowledge and expertise - maybe coaches will go sit in on a session or they will share session plans and education or something.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the local competition and the players (or youth players) in it.

so instead of taking the time to read something and maybe ask the club some actual proper questions, people have decided to get on some conspiracy theory world is flat train wreck and bag the club out instead.

I cannot facepalm this chain of commentary enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Its really unfortunate that people here can't read a press release properly and have literally gone and made a heap of s$$t up.

The press release states that its a strategic partnership to work together on continuing facility Improvements and likely some sharing of the facilities (lakes have a 2 million dollar facility redevelopment that is not far away from beginning and 500k in the bank for raising the pitch), in return the jets will share their coaching knowledge and expertise - maybe coaches will go sit in on a session or they will share session plans and education or something.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the local competition and the players (or youth players) in it.

so instead of taking the time to read something and maybe ask the club some actual proper questions, people have decided to get on some conspiracy theory world is flat train wreck and bag the club out instead.

Or something 🤷*♂️

Banned

What expertise are the Jets offering??

They can't develop players to play for a HAL side as shit as ours already

If you think this as innocent as the media portrays, and politics around players won?t become a factor - you?re lacking a real understanding of the local football environment.
    All you need to do is look at the relationship between some of the key academy coaches and their linkages back to clubs.
    And you may have forgotten a federation TD ended in the Fair Work Commission around issues of transparency a few years back after being sacked. And lost.
    Yeah - people are making up s$$t

maybe ask the club some actual proper questions, people have decided to get on some conspiracy theory world.
    Just for the record I did ask and speak to members of the Lakes Committee. No conspiracy theory here.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What expertise are the Jets offering??

They can't develop players to play for a HAL side as shit as ours already
    I'd like to disagree with this but there's no evidence of a strong development culture.
    As much as we may dislike the CCM they kick our ass in producing youth talent who start out no better then the Jets lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    And you may have forgotten a federation TD ended in the Fair Work Commission around issues of transparency a few years back after being sacked. And lost.
    That should be public info so as I cant remember who was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    I'd like to disagree with this but there's no evidence of a strong development culture.
    As much as we may dislike the CCM they kick our ass in producing youth talent who start out no better then the Jets lads.
    About a quarter of them are Jets lads or Newcastle/Hunter lads looked over by Jets or dropped by Jets.

Aren't a lot of the Jets coaches already coaching in club land in any case

The lack of players transitioning to the A-League probably is a valid critique...even just across the local scene

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Aren't a lot of the Jets coaches already coaching in club land in any case

The lack of players transitioning to the A-League probably is a valid critique...even just across the local scene
    Honestly nothing has changed in the jets system in a decade. They claimed to be running open trials this year, only for players that "couldn't make it" be put straight in to the train on squad, or were already training with the existing age groups before the trials anyway.

You can't tell them that young kids are human beings though and deserve a bit of transparency and honesty though (not a handout, just be honest and don't waste peoples time) - especially those that were part of the pre-academy and handed another $300 invitation AFTER THE TRIALS saying hey we'd like to have you in our pre-academy again, without feedback from said "open trial".

Hard to keep giving the club any benefit of incoming change when young people can't even be afforded a smidge of respect as human beings or respond to an email for that matter, all they are going to end up doing is losing more and more of the supporter base.

They just need to do better, and mostly in the areas that have zero to do with the actual football, and maybe respond to an email every now and then as well.