Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Jets Academy/Pre Academy

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    You can't tell them that young kids are human beings though and deserve a bit of transparency and honesty though (not a handout, just be honest and don't waste peoples time) - especially those that were part of the pre-academy and handed another $300 invitation AFTER THE TRIALS saying hey we'd like to have you in our pre-academy again, without feedback from said "open trial".

Hard to keep giving the club any benefit of incoming change when young people can't even be afforded a smidge of respect as human beings or respond to an email for that matter, all they are going to end up doing is losing more and more of the supporter base.
    I feel sorry for the U12s kids and parents in the pre-academy this year who were told that if they want to be in the U13s they have to join the pre-academy only to then rock up to the trials and see plenty of kids that were never part of the pre-academy invited in.

Just like this rubbish with Lakes, we've been approached saying the pathway into the Jets is to come to Lakes, yet I know kids at other clubs have been invited in to train with the Jets with a view to select them for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I feel sorry for the U12s kids and parents in the pre-academy this year who were told that if they want to be in the U13s they have to join the pre-academy only to then rock up to the trials and see plenty of kids that were never part of the pre-academy invited in.

Just like this rubbish with Lakes, we've been approached saying the pathway into the Jets is to come to Lakes, yet I know kids at other clubs have been invited in to train with the Jets with a view to select them for next year.
    GVE's and his mates pay day.

But! the academy was pretty close to falling over before this happened so want do you want in the end i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    GVE's and his mates pay day.

But! the academy was pretty close to falling over before this happened so want do you want in the end i guess.
    Shame they can't be honest rather than showing why the academy can't be trusted and that kids should look to get in Mariners instead if they want to step up from PYL.

Shame they can't be honest rather than showing why the academy can't be trusted and that kids should look to get in Mariners instead if they want to step up from PYL.
    Anyone that thinks other Academies don't have similar issues is delusional. CCM, WSW and Sydney all have their issues.

Heard nothing but good things from parents/players who are currently at the Mariners, can't say the same for those at Jets. As for WSW, wouldn't know but 1 guess who was running that program up to the end of last year.

Heard nothing but good things from parents/players who are currently at the Mariners, can't say the same for those at Jets. As for WSW, wouldn't know but 1 guess who was running that program up to the end of last year.
    Of course it would be positive from the players and parents that have been selected. The area is very toxic towards the Jets Academy. It has issues just like CCM. Ask the 13's and 14's about the program at CCM....
    I don't need to guess about who was running what and where.

If my kids were of age I think I would take my chances down the Coast. Compared to the Jets youth the last god knows how many years. Look at the Mariners youth system and how many have been promoted through to the HAL. And how many have gone overseas!

How local Newcastle products have made out of Australia? I honestly can?t remember the last one.

And I don?t count Mauragis going overseas either.

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Of course it would be positive from the players and parents that have been selected.
    The stuff I hear about Jets includes from parents and players who have been selected

The area is very toxic towards the Jets Academy.
    Have you ever thought that it may be the actions of the Jets staff that is the reason for this? The bullshit, the lies, the way players get treated?

It has issues just like CCM. Ask the 13's and 14's about the program at CCM....
    The parents and players I know are in those age groups.

I don't need to guess about who was running what and where.
    No you don't because it was the same person running it till they booted him last year and now these issues are appearing up here

The stuff I hear about Jets includes from parents and players who have been selected
    Similar issues plague most clubs.

Have you ever thought that it may be the actions of the Jets staff that is the reason for this? The bullshit, the lies, the way players get treated?
    That's all subjective. Same can be said of other Academies.

The parents and players I know are in those age groups.
    They must enjoy getting smashed most weeks and playing terrible football. Oh and not developing.

No you don't because it was the same person running it till they booted him last year and now these issues are appearing up here
    WSW were flying last year and every year prior, mostly due to the work of Ian Crook. WSW issues have started since Bosnar and Culina this year and late 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    If my kids were of age I think I would take my chances down the Coast. Compared to the Jets youth the last god knows how many years. Look at the Mariners youth system and how many have been promoted through to the HAL. And how many have gone overseas!

How local Newcastle products have made out of Australia? I honestly can?t remember the last one.

And I don?t count Mauragis going overseas either.
    Have a closer look at the players progressing. How many local Central Coast products have made it into the A-League or out of Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Can we claim Connor Metcalfe or is it fair to say he is basically a Melbourne product.
    OK

Locals

Trent Buhagiar
    Lachlan Wales
    Jacob Farrell
    Cameron windust
    Harry Steele
    Sasha Kuzevski
    Mat hatch

Players who played in the NPL youth teams

Josh Nisbett
    Dan Hall
    Kye Rowles - now in Scotland
    Max Ballard
    Charles Mwomba
    Lewis Miller - now in Scotland
    Joe Gauci
    Alou Kuol
    Garang Kuol
    Dylan Ruiz Diaz
    Gianni Stensness - Denmark

All players who have been with the Mariners academy within the last 6 years.

Good work ignoring why there are issues.

Trent Buhagiar
    Lachlan Wales
    Jacob Farrell
    Cameron windust
    Harry Steele
    Sasha Kuzevski
    Mat hatch

These are all genuine local Central Coast NPL Youth team players from the Academy.
    There is one Newcastle junior playing for the NPL1 Team on a scholarship Larson.

Josh Nisbett
    Dan Hall-
    Kye Rowles - now in Scotland
    Max Ballard
    Charles Mwomba
    Lewis Miller - now in Scotland
    Joe Gauci
    Alou Kuol
    Garang Kuol
    Dylan Ruiz Diaz
    Gianni Stensness -

All the others were effectively recruited into the Senior NPL Space 18's or over. Ie not the Youth Academy.
    Similar players would be Millard, Triantis, Di-Pizio, Pavlesic, Paul, Kasalavic etc

Correct. But I think you can agree the recruitment strategy of bringing players in who are 17, 18 years old to gain experience in NPL has been productive for the Mariners and the Jets have fallen behind in the recruitment of these players. The central coast has approx 330k people comparatively to newcastle + Hunter of 1m+ but the mariners are producing more players who move onto the A League at the moment. Might have been the jets previous coach not promoting youth for this but the Jets are behind in this area.

The Jets will always struggle to recruit good players at that age as they are playing in League 2. Until they promoted to the top tier (2 years at best). It will always be a struggle. That was always going to be the case and was a long term plan. That also causes issues with playing Jets Academy players in the Aleague as the jump from 3rd teir NPL to Aleague is a big jump in quality/speed etc.

Interestingly, Who was running it down there last year?

Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    interestingly, who was running it down there last year?
    gve

Incorrect.
    It was Ian C then JP.

Club Championship.... Interesting