Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Jets Academy/Pre Academy

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    This composition demonstrates a complete disregard for all NNSW registered kids and now questions the pathway NNSW promotes to its members.
    I mean it doesn't being in the Jets academy is part of the pathway Northern promotes

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Where did I see that post regarding NNSW rules regarding player eligibility? Is it correct that to be a part of the NNSW squad a player must be registered under NNSW?

The Newcastle Jets Academy are not registered under NNSW, they are Football NSW right?

CC Mariners players that wanted to trial for the NNSW squad were turned away and told they had to trial for the NSW Metro teams because they are registered under Football NSW, not NNSW

But neither are the Jets so why did they not have to follow the same process as every other club?

2023 NNSW Youth Championships Squads.

      •     14s Girls: 6 NNSW players, 10 Newcastle Jets
          •     16s Girls: 1 NNSW player, 15 Newcastle Jets
          •     15s Boys: 8 NNSW, 9 Newcastle Jets
          •     16s Boys: 4 NNSW, 13 Newcastle Jets.

Under what extraordinary circumstances could this have been approved?
    This composition demonstrates a complete disregard for all NNSW registered kids and now questions the pathway NNSW promotes to its members.
    This is one of the most delusional things I've read on here and that's saying something!!
    Why are you so bitter your child wasn't good enough?
    I'd suggest if your child is playing in the NSW NPL competition, for CCM and they didn't make the Metro Teams it's because they aren't good enough. They had plenty of chances to demonstrate their ability, TSP Games and 20 or more competition games. Add to that if the TD or Coach thought your son/daughter was good enough CCM would put them forward. Each player has to register separately for the NYC, through the Football Australia portal. In the past NNSW have sent multiple teams this year they made a smart decision and combined the teams. The 16s looks a very good team. The 16's Jets won the League, are you proposing that players in the sub standard Local competition are better?

I hold no bitterness; my kids have already passed their youth phase. What concerns me is observing the hardworking and dedicated individuals at NNSW, who consistently uphold fairness and integrity, now grappling with issues arising from some of their peers' associations with the Jets Academy.

Let?s be honest if NNSW didn?t select players that are involved with the Jets it wouldn?t be a very competitive team.

Last year in a TSP tournament on the girls side the Jets sent a team and NNSW sent a team. Jets walked it undefeated conceding no goals, NNSW struggled.
    The Nationals is about selecting the best team possible ( which is always a matter of opinion) and the majority of the players in the Jets come out of our local teams so have every right to be selected for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Last year in a TSP tournament on the girls side the Jets sent a team and NNSW sent a team. Jets walked it undefeated conceding no goals, NNSW struggled.
    On the flip side though the Jets team performed worse than Northerns team in the boys 15s last year.

Don't think it really matters but the rules probably say where the club is located rather than where they play. Jets kids get to be selected for Northern because the Jets are based within Northern. Mariners kids who live in Northern's borders don't get to be selected because their club is in NSW borders. Same with kids who live in far north NSW but play in Queensland, their clubs are based in Queensland so only eligible to play for Queensland
    Last edited by Taffy; 27-09-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Don't think it really matters but the rules probably say where the club is located rather than where they play. Jets kids get to be selected for Northern because the Jets are based within Northern

Is there a place we can look at the selection rules, see the wording and make more informed input?

Selection rules?
    Are you people serious?
    Best players get picked, the FA wants the best players there.

Wow

Clearly there are selection rules. Would be the age, would be where they played. Football NT couldn't go and pick someone who had played in Melbourne all year. Northern either can't (a selection rule) or don't want to (a self imposed selection rule) pick better players that live in Newcastle but play for CCM or WSW of which there are a few.

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Selection rules?
    Are you people serious?
    Best players get picked, the FA wants the best players there.

Wow
    Calm down Gary

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Calm down Gary
    I wish Gary would put in real coaches not just dodgy mates. btw the 50 passes around the backs era is over. move on already

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Calm down Gary
    They seem to be going pretty well at the NYC.

They seem to be going pretty well at the NYC.
    Spoke to soon. Neither team have progressed out of group stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Spoke to soon. Neither team have progressed out of group stage.
    Both teams lost just one game.
    16's 4 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw
    15's 3 wins, 1 loss, 2 draws
    Missed out on semi's by 1 or 2 points.

Both teams lost just one game.
    16's 4 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw
    15's 3 wins, 1 loss, 2 draws
    Missed out on semi's by 1 or 2 points.
    A good showing. For mine, I don?t expect a regional NSW team to make the top four teams in a national comp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    A good showing. For mine, I don?t expect a regional NSW team to make the top four teams in a national comp.
    Undoubtedly, it looks as though the 16's especially did well. Beating Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland and drawing with NSW.

If Football Australia is conducting an investigation into any coach of any A-League Academy, that is absolutely none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Why, we use to consistently finish top four or higher

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    If Football Australia is conducting an investigation into any coach of any A-League Academy, that is absolutely none of my business.
    My comment seems random but there is some substance to it. I was throwing it out like a fisherman on Nobbys breakwall and hoping someone would bite but nobody has.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    The Jets? We know the TD left recently and he enjoyed spitting venom at kids and kicking buckets in their face. Wouldn?t be a surprise that a parent would take it further.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Why, we use to consistently finish top four or higher
    Was that in the old days? When the best states had 1 team?
    Context lad...