Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Jets Academy/Pre Academy

Not the point he was making

Last edited by pty22; 04-09-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Aaaaand it's been that way for years... The re-announcement is probably more to do with them getting relegated and wanting to keep players and make $$$.
    JettyJet I think it's a bit rich looking through your Joel Griffiths tinted glasses and pointing fingers at the Mariners wanting to make money.

Jets have been stringing pre-academy-aged parents and their wallets along all year in the hope of making the Jets 13 for 2024 aided and abetted by their training ground landlords. When everyone knows that you actually had to be paying for the "other academy" to get a spot.

If you want to focus on the Mariners then a look at the talent they've developed through their academy (and sold for substantial transfer fees) would be a better place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post
    Jets have been stringing pre-academy-aged parents and their wallets along all year in the hope of making the Jets 13 for 2024 aided and abetted by their training ground landlords. When everyone knows that you actually had to be paying for the "other academy" to get a spot.
    What's the "other academy"?

I know all about the rubbish told to parents that they had to be in the pre-academy if they wanted to be in Jets 13s (anyone who believed that might deserve to be parted from their money).

Believe he is referencing Paul Gomez's private academy (that he runs with GVE I was told)

The conflict of interest is pretty ordinary, and very amateurish from the club

Oh yes, forgot about that one. I guess the promises of going with him to get them into the Jets were true. Same when he went around to other clubs telling players that if they come join Jaffas it will be easier for them to be selected into the Jets.

If the Jets want to foster a better spirit between clubs and the community they really need to cut a few people who are using their positions to feather their own nest.

Can someone please explain why Jets Chairman and the current sydney owners continue to turn a blind eye and allow GVE back into the club and academy despite mounting complaints against him and his henchmen?
    Surely the current Spain saga should send big alarm bells down the M1

What's the Spain saga?

What's the Spain saga?
    Magic has 2 teams going Spain and Portugal next month for twice as long and half the money...

Quote Originally Posted by pty22 View Post
    Can someone please explain why Jets Chairman and the current sydney owners continue to turn a blind eye and allow GVE back into the club and academy despite mounting complaints against him and his henchmen?
    I would like to see a change but I think those running the show hold the power.

Who actually has the power to hire & fire Academy TDs etc?

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Magic has 2 teams going Spain and Portugal next month for twice as long and half the money...
    So the parents paid for the Jets kids to go overseas and it cost's more then some one else who's paid for kids to go on an organized a trip?

So the parents paid for the Jets kids to go overseas and it cost's more then some one else who's paid for kids to go on an organized a trip?
    I think the Spain saga was in relation to the womans team and how the federation doesnt listen to complaints coming from the team.

Referring to Spain football and years of complaints of unscrupulous conduct and bosses and staff belief they are unconquerable. They are not.

Quote Originally Posted by pty22 View Post
    Referring to Spain football and years of complaints of unscrupulous conduct and bosses and staff belief they are unconquerable. They are not.
    oh yeah that make sense!
    The kiss etc!

Jets finished 2nd on the club championship. Talented bunch to overcome a poor club culture

Imagine if they had a decent TD and a directive to play forward instead of gve neg-ball.

One parent in the academy told me the other week, the boys are told simply to constantly kick the shit out of opposition players. That as a club and a team, the would average less than 30% possession. Wonder how much truth there is to that.

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    One parent in the academy told me the other week, the boys are told simply to constantly kick the shit out of opposition players. That as a club and a team, the would average less than 30% possession. Wonder how much truth there is to that.
    Regarding kicking the opponents:
    Maybe at a team level, definitely not happening at the club level. My son has never been instructed to do that.

On the possession part, VEO came in handy for this.
    I just checked the analytics studio.
    The team averaged 56% possession for the season and had less than 50% on 5 occasions.

Other boys squads:
    50%
    62%
    49%
    51%

Interestingly the team with the lowest average possession is also the most successful team of all 5 boys youth squads.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Paul Gomez moved on from Jets gig. Lots of reasons - some you can work out others will surprise.

The bloke was dropped from the Jets like a hot rock back in ?17-18 for similar. The guy gets more chances than a Melbourne City forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Oh are we playing guess who again? Can I play?
    Maybe next year Coach 🙌

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Paul Gomez moved on from Jets gig. Lots of reasons - some you can work out others will surprise.

The bloke was dropped from the Jets like a hot rock back in ?17-18 for similar. The guy gets more chances than a Melbourne City forward.

Gomez duped players and parents.
    Gazza duped Gomez, players and parents
    Blobson is duping them all including sponsors NNSW and jets bosses. Or at least he thinks he is