Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Jets Academy/Pre Academy

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Club Championship.... Interesting
    yeah. 10th 8th 8th 9th 2nd gets you up the championship. false accolades for mine.

until gve and his sycophants move on it isnt the place to develop quality footballers. Ask those around the game.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    yeah. 10th 8th 8th 9th 2nd gets you up the championship. false accolades for mine.

until gve and his sycophants move on it isnt the place to develop quality footballers. Ask those around the game.

You all need to learn other members names instead of simply rubbishing GVE every single time as the other fool in this mess is Mark Robson. Go and do your homework on the guy and you will learn alot about his input.

OMFG from the lack of response you all know about this and continue to bad mouth GVE. I?ve met both these men and have upfront given my opinion face to face so don?t call me a keyboard warrior. Yea indeed Gary has his issue but has qualifications and experience but this guy is ruining the representative pathways of football for your children and only yourselves to blame.
    Last edited by Retired01; 17-08-2023 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Clarity of topic

Of course it would be positive from the players and parents that have been selected. The area is very toxic towards the Jets Academy. It has issues just like CCM. Ask the 13's and 14's about the program at CCM....
    I don't need to guess about who was running what and where.
    not toxic, just have been doing this for a decade before driving 4 hours to Sydney and back to play football this year outside of the academies, and the problems I have aren't even with same kid. Feedback is actual experience, simple changes make for a much better product and wellbeing outcomes for kids that play football in the region. I say these things KNOWING the impact it will have on my own kids one who full well knows he could win an NPL grand final in Sydney and never get a look in at the jets and he is in he process of starting to work with player agents to likely try and go overseas in the next few years.

Edit: I have provided this feedback directly to the club and received 0 response in regards to the wellbeing issues it raises as well as the multitudes of conflicts of interest in the girls space - for a player that was part of their pre academy for the entire year.
    Last edited by KITZ; 18-08-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    not toxic, just have been doing this for a decade before driving 4 hours to Sydney and back to play football this year outside of the academies, and the problems I have aren't even with same kid. Feedback is actual experience, simple changes make for a much better product and wellbeing outcomes for kids that play football in the region. I say these things KNOWING the impact it will have on my own kids one who full well knows he could win an NPL grand final in Sydney and never get a look in at the jets and he is in he process of starting to work with player agents to likely try and go overseas in the next few years.

Edit: I have provided this feedback directly to the club and received 0 response in regards to the wellbeing issues it raises as well as the multitudes of conflicts of interest in the girls space - for a player that was part of their pre academy for the entire year.
    Again every Academy has it's issues, just like every parent has an opinion about ability. Players have different pathways, but to condemn or praise one Academy over another without having a clue what goes on in others is pointless.

Again every Academy has it's issues, just like every parent has an opinion about ability. Players have different pathways, but to condemn or praise one Academy over another without having a clue what goes on in others is pointless.
    Idiot. Kitz is talking from experience. Most of us are. jog on clown

I can respond but I will need 100 pages or more, as would the tonnes of people who all share the same opinion as you. this is why truckloads of good players have left in the past year or are leaving and why good coaches have all left and why no decent coach in NSW wants to be associated with this Academy being run to the ground by the current management. A magnitude of complaints against TDS for severe bullying and harassment and they are still allowed to be around young people.

tell us about the conflict of interest... we know its rife across all age groups boys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by pty22 View Post
    I can respond but I will need 100 pages or more, as would the tonnes of people who all share the same opinion as you. this is why truckloads of good players have left in the past year or are leaving and why good coaches have all left and why no decent coach in NSW wants to be associated with this Academy being run to the ground by the current management. A magnitude of complaints against TDS for severe bullying and harassment and they are still allowed to be around young people.
    Jetty will probably come in and say in every academy coaches kick bins at young players or calls them retards.

I heard those stories from quite a few different parents...it's absolutely shocking and absolutely soured my feelings toward the club

If it was one source of the complaints, could dismiss it as sour grapes...but not 20+ in various age groups :-O

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Jetty will probably come in and say in every academy coaches kick bins at young players or calls them retards.
    That's completely unacceptable if true. However if you replace bin with water bottle or chair and replace retard with other terms and I've heard the same complaints at other Academies and even seen some local NPL clubs do the same.
    This behavior whilst unacceptable is not isolated to Newcastle, as for conflict of interest, you're all being somewhat na?ve, try most of the Sydney clubs and their selection of particular selected ethnicities all the way to the professional teams.
    Using words like "tonnes", "loads" and "magnitude" is a tad of an over exaggeration. I'd suggest the "loads" of players that have left the program have improved the teams performances considerably, from a results perspective anyway.

Well it is true, and I think everyone is aware of how the ethnic teams operate, even some of our own used to be like that (or rather aren't as bad as they were), your surname ending in "ski" used to mean being a shoe in. We are well aware that the supporters of 58 complain because there weren't enough players in first grade ending in "ic". This doesn't make it right for the Jets to have coaches simply selecting players from their own club.

Good thing Northern selected their nationals teams this year. Had one Jets coach telling the selectors who they had to pick because the coach had already selected them for Jets next year as though it means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    You all need to learn other members names instead of simply rubbishing GVE every single time as the other fool in this mess is Mark Robson. Go and do your homework on the guy and you will learn alot about his input.
    No lecture needed there. That was a given for those that know the situation. Unlike those with no idea shooting off their fat mouths because the Jets name maybe tarnished.
    Last edited by samcan; 21-08-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Well it is true, and I think everyone is aware of how the ethnic teams operate, even some of our own used to be like that (or rather aren't as bad as they were), your surname ending in "ski" used to mean being a shoe in. We are well aware that the supporters of 58 complain because there weren't enough players in first grade ending in "ic". This doesn't make it right for the Jets to have coaches simply selecting players from their own club.
    Correct. Today however you have to pay the correct training group to get front row seats.
    Now, the large majority there are the best but there are a couple of favour fillins which does hamper results.
    But lets not think for one minute that this doesnt happen in nearly every other setup to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by pty22 View Post
    Sad but seemingly true

Why was my comment deleted? Did I offend someone?

This is what?s wrong with today?s society. Bunch of snowflakes and it stems from the parents. So when Sir Alex kicked a boot at Beckham you all probably applauded it, when coaches like Dez hassler kicked the door off the hinges to fire up his team you probably all laughed. But a coach has called a kid a retard or shit or hopeless and kicked a bin in anger it?s the end of the world. I hope your kids don?t ever get the opportunity to play overseas because they will be in for a rude shock if you think being called a retard is bad.
    Harden up people or just pull your kids out and send them to Mr positive down in community.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Why was my comment deleted? Did I offend someone?
    You are not allowed to make comments regarding open court cases.

Fancy thinking that you treat 12yos the same as multi-millionaire adults

Fancy thinking that you treat 12yos the same as multi-millionaire adults
    Last time I checked I didn?t see a Jets under 12s team playing in NSW NPL. It was an under 15s or 16s game so I?m sure kids that age can handle some criticism. Maybe if we still had the cane in schools we wouldn?t have so many spoilt little shits around. I know we definitely wouldn?t have kid?s identify themselves as lions and cats. You?re part of the problem.