Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Jets Academy/Pre Academy

Why doesn't someone report it to the FA? Surely that's better than wild vague hyperbole on an echo chamber forum.....

@TopCorner
    My niece was in a European Academy, Westhams, from quite young until about 17...never heard a story like what I hear from the Jets these days

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Why doesn't someone report it to the FA? Surely that's better than wild vague hyperbole on an echo chamber forum.....
    Fear of having "opportunities" taken away, would be my guess

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Fear of having "opportunities" taken away, would be my guess
    For sure but sometimes the "opportunity" is best elsewhere.

Interesting how some players that were bought in during the season werent retained. Think the Academy needs a real football scout not the pay to play version.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Interesting how some players that were bought in during the season werent retained. Think the Academy needs a real football scout not the pay to play version.
    Focus is on having the best 16 players right now rather than seeing the potential, having faith in their own programs and developing the players they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post
    Focus is on having the best 16 players right now rather than seeing the potential, having faith in their own programs and developing the players they already have.
    Wonder how many they will change over the next 12 months as well

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Wonder how many they will change over the next 12 months as well
    around 4 players each year min so nearly a new team every 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    around 4 players each year min so nearly a new team every 4 years.
    I meant more out of those selected now for next year will be changed around during the season like they did this year

I meant more out of those selected now for next year will be changed around during the season like they did this year
    Yeah ok.
    Well this regime came in very late last year so hopefully less changes on one hand but on the other when players start being ostracized and getting little game time and or not developing players will jump out again.
    So to answer you question yes. Players will come and go throughout the year IMO.

I know not all academies operate this way after spending time in Sydney previously

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Yeah ok.
    Well this regime came in very late last year so hopefully less changes on one hand but on the other when players start being ostracized and getting little game time and or not developing players will jump out again.
    So to answer you question yes. Players will come and go throughout the year IMO.

I know not all academies operate this way after spending time in Sydney previously
    Parents are well aware of the 35% guarenteed game time clause when they join the Jets. Which may include midweek intraclub trials.

Hearing Jets 14s moving to Jaffas for 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Parents are well aware of the 35% guarenteed game time clause when they join the Jets. Which may include midweek intraclub trials.

More than 2?

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Tbf to the kids this year that was only announced early March this year

Helps to have a coach at Jets and at Jaffas, but what happened to this big link between Jets and Lakes where Jets who were cut would go to Lakes to play and get to continue to train with the Jets 2 times a week?

Tbf to the kids this year that was only announced early March this year

Helps to have a coach at Jets and at Jaffas, but what happened to this big link between Jets and Lakes where Jets who were cut would go to Lakes to play and get to continue to train with the Jets 2 times a week?

The Jets and Lakes partnership is a land grab even Captain Cook would be proud of.

https://www.ccutd.com/officialpartne...FOe_4iv3QfYIOM

Didn?t even need to give their training ground away 🤣

I think it's fair to say, the Jets are not run well on any level (only worse since the last owner ran away)...and sadly, is beset by quite a lot of conflict of interest issues that really shouldn't exist if the true goal was to develop potentially skilled players into something "saleable" at the end

https://www.ccutd.com/officialpartne...FOe_4iv3QfYIOM

Didn?t even need to give their training ground away ��
    They trot out this announcement ever year, they've held joint trials of sorts for years....

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    I think it's fair to say, the Jets are not run well on any level (only worse since the last owner ran away)...and sadly, is beset by quite a lot of conflict of interest issues that really shouldn't exist if the true goal was to develop potentially skilled players into something "saleable" at the end
    accurate.

Partly explains why we have the 23s in div 3 who were on top mid season slip into non promotion territory. why would anyone stay around to play in that comp. That is a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    They trot out this announcement ever year, they've held joint trials of sorts for years....
    Not the point I was making.

This looks like a genuine partnership with clear opportunities and a pathway from Community through to NPL2 and NPL1.

Not the point I was making.

This looks like a genuine partnership with clear opportunities and a pathway from Community through to NPL2 and NPL1.
    Aaaaand it's been that way for years... The re-announcement is probably more to do with them getting relegated and wanting to keep players and make $$$.