Thread: ALM 22/23 Newcastle United Jets FC v Melbourne VAR cheats - 12/2/23 k/off 3pm AEDST

ALM 22/23 Newcastle United Jets FC v Melbourne VAR cheats - 12/2/23 k/off 3pm AEDST

The cheats won easily last week, are on a streak of 1 and are favourites with the bookies. Should be difficult for us as they are last.

If players ignore Papas we'll win. If they follow robot passing game, doomed.

Should be hot as a nuns nastie although the Dr coming in form the East could help.

Were's our active support? Topors troops need to step up.

Archie signing autographs again...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Archie signing autographs again...
    Picked up a knock again
    Jaliens gives me the horn

This one's on Bold first anyone not here at the ground BTW

Whoa - how did fornaroli not score that?

Second whoa - we lose a player before the game, move a player from the bench into the starting line up and decide not to bring someone else on to the bench? WTF????

Grozos scoring a wonderful goal is going to break this forum, hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

What a finish from grozos. If he keeps doing that a bit more consistently I might even get behind keeping him for another season.

We're shaky but doing just enough.

I reckon that should have been a penalty against Duncan when he went through kamau. I was surprised that VAR didn't intervene.

Rode our luck, Duncan great at times but shaky too. A win's a win but it was a bit of an underwhelming performance.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I reckon that should have been a penalty against Duncan when he went through kamau. I was surprised that VAR didn't intervene.

Rode our luck, Duncan great at times but shaky too. A win's a win but it was a bit of an underwhelming performance.
    Conditions were rubbish, in relation to the performance I mean. Plus Rene getting injured isn't great for the team either.

I thought Duncan got enough of the ball to give the ref the option of calling or not, thankfully he sided with us for once in a while.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Everybody must have better eyes than me - I still haven't seen him touch the ball.

The VAR wasn't working apparently.

Karma is a bitch Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Everybody must have better eyes than me - I still haven't seen him touch the ball.
    The ball even deflects a lot after he punches it. No doubts that he got some of the ball, just a matter of whether it was before or after getting Kamau and whether the ref didn't give it because of the "offside" and then never had a chance to go back to it after the wrong offside call was made.

But, screw Victory so well done Duncan.

What's happening with O'Neill? He was back on the bench a few weeks ago, then disappeared again.
    Another McGarry?
    Btw we could have used McGarry today...

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    What's happening with O'Neill? He was back on the bench a few weeks ago, then disappeared again.
    Another McGarry?
    Btw we could have used McGarry today...
    Injured again

Manabu's first impression was very good, considering he was forced into a defensive part of the game.

Now we have 2 solid options at left wing: Stynes and Manabu: would one of them be able to switch to the right?

With Piscopo out we had no creativity at all: wondering if Manabu could take that role when Piscopo is out/subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The ball even deflects a lot after he punches it. No doubts that he got some of the ball, just a matter of whether it was before or after getting Kamau and whether the ref didn't give it because of the "offside" and then never had a chance to go back to it after the wrong offside call was made.

But, screw Victory so well done Duncan.
    I couldn't believe Andy Harper was watching the same footage as me. The ball clearly changes direction twice, one after hitting Kamau then again after Duncan punches it.

Still a borderline challenge imo and worthy of discussion, but the continual comments that he didn't get any ball had me confused.

More generally I thought first half we were pretty poor aside from 2 or 3 nice moves towards the end.
    Jurman was back to his old self in the first half, multiple bad turnovers and still lacking a right foot.
    I didn't notice him at all in the second half which is an improvement. AP must have told him to give up on playing the ball out and just give it to Jenko.

Second half I thought we were pretty good, enjoyed watching. A few nice attacks just missing the final ball.

Jenkinson looks like a different player at CB, he has been good since moving there. Thought he was a liability at fullback. Only downside is he has a good cross on him which doesn't get much use from the centre, but he managed to still get to the byline for one

If we can keep up some form, I'd be excited to see what we can do in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If we can keep up some form, I'd be excited to see what we can do in the finals.
    You must be new here. We are in our spiritual home of #Forever7th and that's where we will stay

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    You must be new here. We are in our spiritual home of #Forever7th and that's where we will stay
    We play for 7th and to avoid the spoon. Success is ours