Newcastle Jets FC: 2

Draw: 3

Western United FC: 4

LAST TIME THEY MET:

Date: January 15, 2023
    Competition: A-League Men

Score: 1:1

TOP LEAGUE SCORERS:

Newcastle Jets FC: Trent Buhagiar (4), Beka Mikeltadze (4), Archie Goodwin (2)

Western United FC: Aleksandar Prijovic (4), Lachlan Wales (3), Alessandro Diamanti (2)
    Referee - Ben Abraham

Looking forward to this. On form, we should rip them a couple of new ones. On history, we will somehow find a way to play horrendously and lose 1:0.

We will make them look good and play them into form.

It appears you have picked it like a dirty nose.

How have we not scored, and they've scored two?

Gee whiz even Ingham is playing well

If nothing else it's a sign of how far we've come that I'm still confident we'll level it up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    It appears you have picked it like a dirty nose.

How have we not scored, and they've scored two?

Because both goals have been caused by incompetent defending

Goalkeeper the first
    Defender the second

Both have free shots from 6 yards out into empty net the consequence

Can't hide incompetent errors anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    We will make them look good and play them into form.
    #Nostradamus380
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Banned
    Can someone explain why these grubs after getting fouled can get up and charge the Jets player in an aggressive manner and never get a card of any colour??

Bizarre that you can carry on that way 3 times and nothing happens to you

Kilkenny must have the most punchable face in Australian football

The only silver lining I can see is the calamity brothers will finally be separated. Natta for Jenkinson makes sense to me because he simply doesn't understand the position well enough. But dropping Jurman would also be acceptable.

All those wins hid how bad our CBs were, so at least this loss solves that issue, I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The only silver lining I can see is the calamity brothers will finally be separated. Natta for Jenkinson makes sense to me because he simply doesn't understand the position well enough. But dropping Jurman would also be acceptable.

All those wins hid how bad our CBs were, so at least this loss solves that issue, I hope.
    I really don't think Jurman and Jenkinson are the problem: everyone who played CB struggled so far.
    Imagine playing CB with Ingham and Hoffman as full backs, knowing they can F up at any time (and they will).
    Add to that Duncan and Al-Taay who don't exactly give confidence to a defender.

We have many problems unfortunately, somehow masked by a decent streak.

Sorry to say that, but I think Beka M is one of them at the moment.

And none of our midfielders seems to be capable of passing balls any further than the closest team mate.

All in all, a typical Jets game against a team at the bottom of the ladder: you walk into the stadium and somehow know it's going to happen. And it does. Again.

Situation normal , Fold the shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I really don't think Jurman and Jenkinson are the problem: everyone who played CB struggled so far.
    Imagine playing CB with Ingham and Hoffman as full backs, knowing they can F up at any time (and they will).

And none of our midfielders seems to be capable of passing balls any further than the closest team mate.

All in all, a typical Jets game against a team at the bottom of the ladder: you walk into the stadium and somehow know it's going to happen. And it does. Again.
    I know we have other issues. But the way in which teams pass it straight through or over the CBs and get 1v1 with Duncan is all their fault. Teams aren't breaking us down with smart passes and runs in behind even, just kick it into the giant gap left either between or behind the CBs, who are never communicating enough to form an offside line, and profit.

Jenkinson isn't a CB and Jurman isn't much better. I'd much rather have weak fullbacks and decent CBs than decent fullbacks and those 2 in the middle.

Our midfield is also doing enough in my eyes to stop teams, there's just too much space to cover because the CBs are all over the shop and getting dragged every which way.

We looked way better with Natta in the team defensively, he needs to be brought back in and worry about the stuttering attack after that. Much easier to win games with a clean sheet than without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Our defenders are another issue but to me our keeper is a huge problem

First goal is down to Duncan's continuing failures in the air

He straight up let an attacker run in front of him and let him head it into an empty net

Can't blame the central defenders for that calamitous **** up

Third goal is a cross to the back post that landed about 5 metres out from the goal. It was a looping cross without pace as well on the players weaker foot. Where the **** is our keeper commanding his 6 yard box ??

Nowhere to be seen

That's 2 goals handed to them today thanks to Duncan

Yeah Jenkinson ****ed up misjudging a long ball for the second goal. But first things first sort out the **** behind them and give the entire team confidence.

For all Ingham and Hoffman's failings they make nowhere near as many **** ups as Duncan does

Нет

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I know we have other issues. But the way in which teams pass it straight through or over the CBs and get 1v1 with Duncan is all their fault. Teams aren't breaking us down with smart passes and runs in behind even, just kick it into the giant gap left either between or behind the CBs, who are never communicating enough to form an offside line, and profit.

Jenkinson isn't a CB and Jurman isn't much better. I'd much rather have weak fullbacks and decent CBs than decent fullbacks and those 2 in the middle.

Our midfield is also doing enough in my eyes to stop teams, there's just too much space to cover because the CBs are all over the shop and getting dragged every which way.

We looked way better with Natta in the team defensively, he needs to be brought back in and worry about the stuttering attack after that. Much easier to win games with a clean sheet than without one.
    To be fair, the long passes over the CBs and 1v1 situation happened mostly in the 2nd half as counter attacks, when Jurman and Jenk were pretty much left alone.

I'm not saying they played well today: especially their passing was bad, but that's another problem arising from a midfield with no passing abilities imo.

Also, in the 6 games before this we only conceded 5 goals, with 2 clean sheets - much better numbers than the 1st part of the season.

Perhaps we should try to move Jenk back to RB and Natta as a CB. And maybe call Mauragis back. And Penha

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post

Careful, Frodo will bring out his dodgy Beka stats, still doesn't know the diff between a goal and a penalty, and hopefully Gus goes overseas soon, he can say hello to Ugar while he's there
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.