Thread: MacArthur v Newcastle | round 17 | Sat, Feb 18 | Campbelltown Stadium

MacArthur v Newcastle | round 17 | Sat, Feb 18 | Campbelltown Stadium

No idea what's happened to this match. Weird to stop it then restart after such a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    No idea what's happened to this match. Weird to stop it then restart after such a long wait.
    Big storm

Can't get out of our own half. Looking shaky.

Ugly, but 3 points

Way too passive in the 2nd half. Gonna be a long 6 weeks without Piscopo, unless someone steps up in the creative area (can't see who though)
    Didn't deserve the 3 points, but who cares.

Far out people try and be positive

Considering how bizarre the first half was, I’m not going to fault us for not getting too into the game.

Grozos is stepping up a little bit in a playmaker role, but still isn’t good enough to be a starting 11 player for me. I’m also not convinced on Saito yet, he’s come into two games where we are playing on the back foot, so I’d love to see what he can do in a different environment

I also think Trent is somewhat playing decently by his standard, and that Sotirio is the one of the two that is really lagging behind, hoping he’ll be dropped in the next coming weeks for Saito to prove himself

When the Jets are in seventh place on the ladder, I feel the universe is calm and at peace with itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Considering how bizarre the first half was, I’m not going to fault us for not getting too into the game.

Grozos is stepping up a little bit in a playmaker role, but still isn’t good enough to be a starting 11 player for me. I’m also not convinced on Saito yet, he’s come into two games where we are playing on the back foot, so I’d love to see what he can do in a different environment

I also think Trent is somewhat playing decently by his standard, and that Sotirio is the one of the two that is really lagging behind, hoping he’ll be dropped in the next coming weeks for Saito to prove himself
    100% agree.
    We started off very aggressive until the 2nd lightning break, then it all changed: it could be due to the 2 breaks, but Macarthur had the same problem and they didn't seem to be affected.

I would definitely give Saito a go over Sotirio atm. And Buhagiar can be good when used to his strengths: speed and the ability to get in behind the defenders. Just don't let him touch the ball more than 2 times in a row. Still our best goal scorer so far.

Our defence has become a lot more solid with Jurman and Jenkinson as CB (and despite Ingham and Hoffman...): 5 goals conceded in 6 matches and 2 clean sheets is a good change from the 1st part of the season.

Trent and Sotirio just need to run towards the goal, the longer they have to think, the worse they are.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Trent and Sotirio just need to run towards the goal, the longer they have to think, the worse they are.
    Never a truer word spoken
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    100% agree.
    Our defence has become a lot more solid with Jurman and Jenkinson as CB (and despite Ingham and Hoffman...): 5 goals conceded in 6 matches and 2 clean sheets is a good change from the 1st part of the season.
    And this solid run of defence also includes Al-Taay in the CDM role, who isn't playing awfully lately but O'Neil in that same role would still improve our defence tremendously, and our attack I feel