Thread: Jets v Perth 5pm 18th March McDonald Jones stadium

Jets v Perth 5pm 18th March McDonald Jones stadium

Might as well start one while I'm here
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Some interesting choices with the starting squad.

4-4-2 which I don't mind, though I don't think Kosta Grozos as the secondary striker, is a great way to test this formation.
    I like Ingham dropped, and keen to see Weir come back to the starting squad, just hope it's a permanent change.
    Am getting a little confused with some of our choices with the squad on the bench and hope if the season is clearly over that we test some interesting choices such as Archie and Beka up top or Natta and Cancar in the backline.

We are playing quite well. Still shaky at the back

Banned
    45 mins in

I have seen enough from Aquilna

Based on this Dane Ingham can be released from his contract before FT

That is so much the story of the Jets. Forget "forever seventh", forget Griff (praise be!) scoring in the GF. The Jets is all about conceding in the last minutes of every half.

Sometimes I'm disappointed I can't make it to as many games as I used to

Then I remember if the Jets can't be bothered then neither can I

The official mantra has been changed to "Bonded by Disappointment".

F this team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    That is so much the story of the Jets. Forget "forever seventh", forget Griff (praise be!) scoring in the GF. The Jets is all about conceding in the last minutes of every half.
    As much as I was pissed off that goal went in I am actually relieved

Not winning has pretty much extinguished any hope of making the semis

It's better we had the rug pulled out now like that not made to wait another 4 -5 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It's better we had the rug pulled out now like that not made to wait another 4 -5 weeks
    The only thing more Jets than throwing it away today will be when we beat City next week and end up going into the final round in 6th only to score four own goals after leading 3-0 with ten to go

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    The only thing more Jets than throwing it away today will be when we beat City next week and end up going into the final round in 6th only to score four own goals after leading 3-0 with ten to go
    Can easily see Jets beating City

2 weeks to prepare for it a pile of City players on International duty

I can easily see us rolling them in 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    We are playing quite well. Still shaky at the back
    I don't think we were playing that well tbh.
    Midfielders are unable to create play, they either pass it back hoping the CBs will come up with something (and putting a lot of pressure on them), or they end up playing on the wings, which becomes so predictable. Only exception being Saito with that lovely cross, but it can't happen all the time.

Thurgate has often good options to create attacking plays, but he inevitably ends up turning around and passing back, or just passing to the nearest player.

O'Neill seems lost, and Grozos really is not the attacking mid we need - of course we miss Piscopo in that role.

I might sound like a broken record, but at this stage Beka is useless: problem is, there are no alternatives. Buhagiar is still our most dangerous attacker.

In the end, this is the quality we can offer: we don't deserve to play finals football, and that's ok.

Basic goalkeeping errors on both goals handed Perth the share of points, who is the third option keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    and that's ok.
    And there's the problem.

As I said at the game. We haven't folded, so I'm still happy regardless.

Everyone is both good and poor for periods of the game, we just don't have the mentality to do it for 90 mins. Shown very clearly by the late switch offs each half.

But, considering they've been playing for a few years with the knowledge that they don't have owners and could lose their job at any moment hanging over them, I'm not too fussed.

It could be worse, we could be following the filthy Palm tree Sauce Bottles fanciers down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Just want to give out an appreciation post to Jeterpool.. Great to catch the bloke at the game on the weekend again..
    Noticed he pulled out a sauce bottle from a bag for his kids to use. I'm paraphrasing, but when Frodo and I yelled a coastie slur at him, his response was "I brought Fountain sauce in, they only have Masterfoods here and damned if my kids are eating that Gypo crap"

The Jets truly don't deserve your support, mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Just want to give out an appreciation post to Jeterpool.. Great to catch the bloke at the game on the weekend again..
    Noticed he pulled out a sauce bottle from a bag for his kids to use. I'm paraphrasing, but when Frodo and I yelled a coastie slur at him, his response was "I brought Fountain sauce in, they only have Masterfoods here and damned if my kids are eating that Gypo crap"

The Jets truly don't deserve your support, mate..
    Can confirm this is the truth. No way in hell would I let a drop of that Masterfoods slop go on my kids food. The fact it's even sold in the stadium, let alone Newcastle, is a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    As I said at the game. We haven't folded, so I'm still happy regardless.

Everyone is both good and poor for periods of the game, we just don't have the mentality to do it for 90 mins. Shown very clearly by the late switch offs each half.

But, considering they've been playing for a few years with the knowledge that they don't have owners and could lose their job at any moment hanging over them, I'm not too fussed.

It could be worse, we could be following the filthy Palm tree Sauce Bottles fanciers down the road.
    We have a real knack at being able to snatch draws or defeats from the jaws of victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    We have a real knack at being able to snatch draws or defeats from the jaws of victory.
    Probably because any time we get in front we tend to stop playing and park the bus

We ain't pushing forward or playing normal at all

We concede space and invite the opposite team forward

We have done this for years

When a sporting team is poorly run at the highest level it almost always bleeds down into the team. Winning teams always have boards/owners who are in a good mindset and with a clear vision/plan to succeed. Perennial losers seem to always half arse things at a board level and it shows in how teams train and play each week.

The Jets are being run like an after thought, and our owners genuinely probably don't want us to make finals as it affects their teams chances. They want a run towards the 6 and nothing more.

I would think the team is actually achieving the goals set out for it, as depressing as that sounds.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    When a sporting team is poorly run at the highest level it almost always bleeds down into the team. Winning teams always have boards/owners who are in a good mindset and with a clear vision/plan to succeed. Perennial losers seem to always half arse things at a board level and it shows in how teams train and play each week.

The Jets are being run like an after thought, and our owners genuinely probably don't want us to make finals as it affects their teams chances. They want a run towards the 6 and nothing more.

I would think the team is actually achieving the goals set out for it, as depressing as that sounds.
    Yep and if the club has not found new investment independent of the other club's owners picking up the tab then we may as well just fold the shit show that it is.

Just assembling a half ass squad made up of predominantly every other clubs players who would be lucky to make the bench most weekends is starting to wear a bit thin.

New owners or just ^&*9 it off completely. And a also agree with the the sentiment of the 15mill figure thrown out there, clearly whatever irons were in fire re a sale has fallen over or nobody in there sane mind would put a figure out there whilst a deal was close to being finalized.