Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jests vs Roar - does anyone care?

Jests vs Roar - does anyone care?

Does anyone give a 💩 anymore?
    Last edited by Hunter403; 08-04-2023 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Spelling

Nope, My care factor is on par with Mattiske's lame attempts at engaging with fans. In actual fact in racing terms i would say it is a developed print dead heat.

Talking to my young bloke yesterday and was decided if we go in to next season under the stewardship of being propped up by other club owners and going into the season with more of Lederer's cast offs who can't even make the match day squad down there then membership for the very first time will not be renewed.

As much as i love the game n this club it is not really ours under its current arrangement . The other club owners paying our bills chose the wrong man to run this club in the so called " interim ". There just seems to be a complete lack of optimism from the club off the field and that is on Mattiske and his engagement with us.

Call me plastic whatever but this club being propped up by other clubs has no soul. Even the players appear to play like they have had a gut full.

My rant over

BTW definitely a loss coming our way today
    Last edited by 380; 08-04-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Does anyone give a 💩 anymore?
    Absolutely.

This is the greatest time of year to be a Jets fan. We are very very close to having the game that gets us the result that makes us mathematically possible to make the semis even though every man and his dog knows we will not, in fact, end up making the semis.

But man oh man those few coming days where we get our charts out and map if Adelaide beat Wellington and Sydney lose to some other bunch of assholes and we beat City by at least 13 goals WE WILL IN FACT MAKE IT TO THE PROMISED LAND.

Just hope Paramount+ can handle the traffic coming their way this arvo.

GLORY BE TO GRIFF FOR GETTING US TO WITHIN ONE WIN OF THE FINALS.

MAY JOBE AND STU'S BLESSINGS BRING US OUT THE CAVE OF 7TH PLACE JUST LIKE JESUS DID ON THAT FATEFUL SUNDAY (before he joined Arsenal).

Hail Griff.

Griff.

GRIFF!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you people*, everyone needs to get on my level of enjoyment. I've set the bar at "don't fold" and I've never been happier to support the club. Literally anything good we do feels wonderful and all the rubbish just washes away in an instant when I realise we still haven't sunk even after all these years circling the drain.

*And by "you people" I mean the unlucky few who tied their wagon to this mess of a club all those years ago,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm telling you people*, everyone needs to get on my level of enjoyment. I've set the bar at "don't fold" and I've never been happier to support the club. Literally anything good we do feels wonderful and all the rubbish just washes away in an instant when I realise we still haven't sunk even after all these years circling the drain.

*And by "you people" I mean the unlucky few who tied their wagon to this mess of a club all those years ago,
    How does one do that? Almost 20 years of being shit and nothing to show for it tales it's toll

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    How does one do that? Almost 20 years of being shit and nothing to show for it tales it's toll

As a chelsea fan you should be well able to manage the disappointment.

Just imagine its the same level of garbage except with about $4 billion less spent on players.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    This is such a plastic comment, and of course it comes from a Chelsea supporter, hahahaha.

I support the Jets because I enjoy watching football and they are my local team, trophies and all that are just bonuses for most fans of the game. If you think winning is more important than just enjoying the games, maybe you're less of a fan of football and more of a fan of winning. At which point, just change to whichever team is winning every year and you'll never be unhappy.

Problem fixed Stanley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This is such a plastic comment, and of course it comes from a Chelsea supporter, hahahaha.

I support the Jets because I enjoy watching football and they are my local team, trophies and all that are just bonuses for most fans of the game. If you think winning is more important than just enjoying the games, maybe you're less of a fan of football and more of a fan of winning. At which point, just change to whichever team is winning every year and you'll never be unhappy.

Problem fixed Stanley.
    Not what I said or was implying at all, Its the lack of effort and game plan which does me in and seems to be constant this season. We give up way too often and barely seem to try and score
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    It's hard to enjoy this though

These ****s are hopeless and don't care at all

I envisage our team improving the moment Hoffman is subbed on

Thats how ****ed we are today that Hoffman will make us look better than we currently do today

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Absolutely.

This is the greatest time of year to be a Jets fan. We are very very close to having the game that gets us the result that makes us mathematically possible to make the semis even though every man and his dog knows we will not, in fact, end up making the semis.

But man oh man those few coming days where we get our charts out and map if Adelaide beat Wellington and Sydney lose to some other bunch of assholes and we beat City by at least 13 goals WE WILL IN FACT MAKE IT TO THE PROMISED LAND.

Just hope Paramount+ can handle the traffic coming their way this arvo.

GLORY BE TO GRIFF FOR GETTING US TO WITHIN ONE WIN OF THE FINALS.

MAY JOBE AND STU'S BLESSINGS BRING US OUT THE CAVE OF 7TH PLACE JUST LIKE JESUS DID ON THAT FATEFUL SUNDAY (before he joined Arsenal).

Hail Griff.

Griff.

GRIFF!!!!!!!!
    These ****s will win next week or the week after so we are still a chance of making the semis come the final round

It is nailed on that this will occur

You just know that these ****s will do it just to spite their fans and make them suffer some more before folding against the Smurfs and finishing 7th

I'm glad we introduced VAR and removed all controversial decisions

The most annoying thing for me from that game is Weier not blowing up over the last goal. I think it was the right decision but ffs show some anger and force them to look at it.

And then whoever it was running over to take the corner for the last play. Who gives a **** by then and that's when we decide to show some passion.

Give Jurman an extension. Only one who gives a ****

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    The most annoying thing for me from that game is Weier not blowing up over the last goal. I think it was the right decision but ffs show some anger and force them to look at it.

And then whoever it was running over to take the corner for the last play. Who gives a **** by then and that's when we decide to show some passion.

Give Jurman an extension. Only one who gives a ****

Thats a classic example of goalkeeper is a protected species rule

If that was us diving into score that with studs up and not getting the ball like old mate did it would be disallowed every day of the week

As for the penalty I still don't know what contact Thurgate made with the Diving guy so I assume now any contact in the box is now a penalty

No excuses we were shit but those last two goals were generous examples of shit refereeing benefitting one side

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Nope, My care factor is on par with Mattiske's lame attempts at engaging with fans. In actual fact in racing terms i would say it is a developed print dead heat.

Talking to my young bloke yesterday and was decided if we go in to next season under the stewardship of being propped up by other club owners and going into the season with more of Lederer's cast offs who can't even make the match day squad down there then membership for the very first time will not be renewed.

As much as i love the game n this club it is not really ours under its current arrangement . The other club owners paying our bills chose the wrong man to run this club in the so called " interim ". There just seems to be a complete lack of optimism from the club off the field and that is on Mattiske and his engagement with us.

Call me plastic whatever but this club being propped up by other clubs has no soul. Even the players appear to play like they have had a gut full.

My rant over

BTW definitely a loss coming our way today
    You're not plastic 380, I chucked mine in last year after 12 years. All the members around me have gone and now i have too. The club is run by a moron who asks facebook to guide the clubs decisions, but facebook don't turn up for every game, dickhead
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

I haven’t been to a game since before Covid and I’m not feeling like I’m missing out.

As others have said, I don’t see why I should bother when minimal investment is being put in by the club. What’s the point in having a club to support to begin with? I feel like we have a manager who could do great things with our club, but is hamstrung by a lack of budget and signing recycled donkeys like Sotirio, Burghirar, Ingham etc.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Hey Mr Jeterpool long time no talk just wondering when the last time an A-League team used a goalie in the same colour kit as the outfield players.

And they say we arent pioneers.

No one's alone in throwing in there memberships.

Gave up on my family membership season before last after 10 plus years. Used to go religiously, always taking family and friends as well. I don't know anyone who goes anymore.

I want to support them but it got to the point of me walking away from every game questioning what exactly was I supporting?

Don't know why people are coming on here and on social media to proudly say they chucked in their memberships. WGAF, I don't. Free to do as you please.

Anyway, just noticing on the EPL tonight two challenges already similar to Gus's that haven't even been looked at. Today's L Plate ref needs to watch this.

The penalty was embarrassing, That referee should be sent back to NPL next week. Even sent back to do an all age trial.

VAR was introduced to stop the howler decision. There was no conclusive evidence that it was a free kick at all. Play on, every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Don't know why people are coming on here and on social media to proudly say they chucked in their memberships. WGAF, I don't. Free to do as you please.

Anyway, just noticing on the EPL tonight two challenges already similar to Gus's that haven't even been looked at. Today's L Plate ref needs to watch this.

Proudly ?. What gave you that impression ?.

I see people say they have had enough of watching a club that is run in a way it feels like it does not represent them anymore. Just some other clubs owners running it as a flip project that could feature on the Lifestyle channel.

Proudly, Nah.
    Last edited by 380; 08-04-2023 at 11:55 PM.