Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jests vs Roar - does anyone care?

The ref should look for another job. Roar fouled the crap out of Piscopo in the first 30 mins of the game and he never gave a Roar player a warning let alone a card.
    Yes, we got the free kicks in most cases - but if it was us doing the same thing I have no doubt we'd have had a player on a yellow.
    I don't blame the players. it must be very difficult to find motivation given the ownership situation and the woeful treatment by referees.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-04-2023 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

Call me plastic whatever but this club being propped up by other clubs has no soul. Even the players appear to play like they have had a gut full.
    100% agree.

The only thing I can't condone is the attitude of some players.
    Their career, job, life at present revolve around football, and this is all they can dish out? No passion, no fight, no ambition (no skills in some cases)
    Even if the current situation is sh*t (and it is), they should be giving their all, even more so if they need to find a better team for next season.

I guess it's one of the problems of the A-league: in the end most players know they won't remain unemployed, no matter how little effort they put in.

I love the hypocrisy of everyone giving up on the club, which is more than fair given the circumstances, while also being offended that the players have done the same.

The club is stumbling towards an inevitable end, just enjoy it as much as you can while we still can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

They get paid to do a job, we pay to watch the slackarses
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I love the hypocrisy of everyone giving up on the club, which is more than fair given the circumstances, while also being offended that the players have done the same.

The club is stumbling towards an inevitable end, just enjoy it as much as you can while we still can.
    Where is the hypocrisy exactly?

It's their freaking job.
    I'm doing my part: I actually pay to go see them not giving a sh*t... try that with any other job.
    Only excuse would be if they were not getting paid (I hope they are getting paid), but even in that case they should show they're worth a contract somewhere else.

Believe me, I wish I could enjoy this, but it's not enjoyable. Last season was kind of ok, first part of this season too, but now?