Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2023/24 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

O?Neil & Mauragis gone, maybe the end is near.

Seriously?
    Have been wondering where Mauragis has been for the last few weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    O?Neil & Mauragis gone, maybe the end is near.
    O?Neill is finished at this level Red, this should not be a surprise at all, he would have to be the slowest midfielder in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    O?Neill is finished at this level Red, this should not be a surprise at all, he would have to be the slowest midfielder in the game
    This, Hasn't played a decent game in the A League since his smurfs days, probs one of our highest earners and been very average. Won't miss him.

O'Neill doesn't fit the mould of how the jets play. 2 fullbacks that get extremely high, require a quicker midfielder.

Good guy, decent player just doesn't fit the system under Stanton. He would go well in a team with 2 natural holders possibly in a 4231 system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Seriously?
    Have been wondering where Mauragis has been for the last few weeks..
    They mentioned mauragis to mariners on the match broadcast. Can't blame the guy.

Who wouldn?t want job security, can?t hold that against him.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    O'Neill doesn't fit the mould of how the jets play. 2 fullbacks that get extremely high, require a quicker midfielder.

Good guy, decent player just doesn't fit the system under Stanton. He would go well in a team with 2 natural holders possibly in a 4231 system.
    I was sad when we let Al Taay go, I think he suits high fullbacks better than most in the league, even if he's not flashy or great on the ball. Proper defensive lynchpin for everyone else to position themselves off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I was sad when we let Al Taay go, I think he suits high fullbacks better than most in the league, even if he's not flashy or great on the ball. Proper defensive lynchpin for everyone else to position themselves off.
    Agree totally with all your points re Mo. He also was a great talker on the park and had a bit of mongrel in him when the going got a little dirty. We hadn't had that in the middle of the park for a long time. he's been pretty handy for Wello.