Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALM 22/23 Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    From memory, Nix fans weren't too sad he was leaving.

He had zero goals in his 5 seasons in Wellington and only managed 40 appearances during all those years, he scored one for us. He's just in a purple patch right now. He's two years older than Ingham and has 1 less league goal than him and way less appearances.

He has 1 NZ cap compared to 13 for Ingham. Even if they are on the opposite side, that's still a large gap, especially given the two year age gap.

Nothing in his past showed that he had this current run of form in him, good on him but until he keeps this up next season I'm not fussed about him going.
    I remember everyone here were positively impressed when we signed McGarry last year.

But I just base my opinion on what I saw all season from Ingham: bad defence, bad possession, bad attacking.
    Appearances alone are not an indication of good performance: yes he's got a good engine... and that's pretty much it.

Just realised we're waaaay off topic anyway

i've never been more invested in an adelaide win in my life, please put a stop to this putrid nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i've never been more invested in an adelaide win in my life, please put a stop to this putrid nonsense
    Stupidity of the new format - Scum should at least have played against City first in a major semi, looks like both them and Smurfs could actually get into the final with one good result.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Stupidity of the new format - Scum should at least have played against City first in a major semi, looks like both them and Smurfs could actually get into the final with one good result.
    How the **** will it be based on one good result??

Smurfs will have to beat the best team in the comp away from home and the Gypos have beaten Adelaide away already so if they don't get beat this weekend go through

I struggle to understand how either team won't deserve to be in the GF if they get through

Did I hear correctly there's no away goals rule in place?

Is that an A-League thing or a FIFA thing? What's the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How the **** will it be based on one good result??

Smurfs will have to beat the best team in the comp away from home and the Gypos have beaten Adelaide away already so if they don't get beat this weekend go through

I struggle to understand how either team won't deserve to be in the GF if they get through
    I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Did I hear correctly there's no away goals rule in place?

Is that an A-League thing or a FIFA thing? What's the reason?
    Away goals has been dead for 18 months.

Dont even know what these stupid fans are on about. Crowd will be good for the Grand Final and SFC fans will get to see their team in the 3 v 4 playoff in the early game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Away goals has been dead for 18 months.
    I see. I'll go crawl back under my rock.

I haven't seen anything regarding the finals format Maito, must be a closely guarded secret. I thought FFA were bad but this mob are total shit
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

As much as I hate it being the scum, it's great to see a big crowd at an a-league game

If only this was the norm

It's almost a sad reminder of what the league could have become. Instead it feels like it's dying a long slow death

There's ample enough football fans in this country for this to be the norm. Unfortunately there's not enough of those real fans of the game running it in this country

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it's truly awful when you put it in the perspective of the trajectory the A-League used to be on when Gosford would be this full for derbies against us

since those days both the A-League and the Jets have been so poorly run that the vast majority of us who used to be so passionate about this have not just given up, but actively hate everything about the club and competition now

the Mariners have done incredibly well on a limited budget and made great pathways for youth - while the Jets have churned through owners and money, with a bunch of journeymen players who just aren't up to standard - they've also done absolutely nothing to develop young talent in this region

petty infighting, hopeless people in positions of authority, nepotism, protection of fiefdoms, all while achieving zero success - the Jets really are representative of football in this region

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    petty infighting, hopeless people in positions of authority, nepotism, protection of fiefdoms, all while achieving zero success - the Jets really are representative of football in this region
    Counterpoint:
    1. Halftime crossbar challenge.
    2. Modus Hazy 3.5

I rest my case.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    two great initiatives, whoever came up with them should be promoted to CEO of the A-league

Please do not answer reflexively. I want you to spend at least a moment reflecting carefully on the moral issues involved.

Only one team can win the grand final. Whose victory would make you happier (or, alternatively, less sad)?

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    two great initiatives, whoever came up with them should be promoted to CEO of the A-league
    Somehow this blessed child is out there in the streets while the world has to sit through Trump vs Biden again.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Please do not answer reflexively. I want you to spend at least a moment reflecting carefully on the moral issues involved.

Only one team can win the grand final. Whose victory would make you happier (or, alternatively, less sad)?
    I'm not a nerd so I'll be hoping our poor brothers at gypoland will win
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I'm not a nerd so I'll be hoping our poor brothers at gypoland will win

And so it starts, always knew this place was full of closeted Gypo fanciers. We should have learnt our lesson when PV4 starting turning to the darkside all those years ago.

Personally I can think of nothing better for football in Australia to see those filthy pricks lose yet another Grand Final after falling arse first into this one and thinking that they actually knew how to play football after all. I would be ok with a nice 5-0 thumping, but conceding late and losing will be just as sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    And so it starts, always knew this place was full of closeted Gypo fanciers. We should have learnt our lesson when PV4 starting turning to the darkside all those years ago.

Personally I can think of nothing better for football in Australia to see those filthy pricks lose yet another Grand Final after falling arse first into this one and thinking that they actually knew how to play football after all. I would be ok with a nice 5-0 thumping, but conceding late and losing will be just as sweet.
    I'm not greedy, I'll settle for another 'miracle of Brisbane'.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I'm not greedy, I'll settle for another 'miracle of Brisbane'.
    Oh man, considering how much they cried last time, this time they could literally flood some of those low lying homes around the water... Or the areas that still don't have gutters yet, lol.

I would happily take a spoon next year if they get proper beaten in this GF and don't recover for another few years. It would make me love football again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.