Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig Goodwin Fapfest

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    On another note do feel the bloke should be protected on Saturday night. GVE should consider dropping him or benching him to prevent some dirty Gypo bastard such as Hutcho going in Muscat style on him cause you can see it happening
    Agree.

Called this in the Rnd 3 thread - not the bench dropping, the hacking.

Banned
    Now benching him or dropping him would obviously be a harsh move after his recent heroics and GVE would be right in the firing line from fans for doing so but a Manager with balls wouldn't have any hesitation in doing it.

GVE does need to protect Goody from the possibility his form may result in him getting a big head, he also needs to protect him and not over burden him as he is a young kid still and he is also gonna need to protect him a bit because him being a gun player won't be a secret any more after Saturday's heroics and opponents will be paying him some closer special attention.

I am though particularly concerned about these dirty Gypo bastards though going the needless and premeditated hack on him and would be in full support of GVE if he benched or dropped him this week

Now benching him or dropping him would obviously be a harsh move after his recent heroics and GVE would be right in the firing line from fans for doing so but a Manager with balls wouldn't have any hesitation in doing it.

GVE does need to protect Goody from the possibility his form may result in him getting a big head, he also needs to protect him and not over burden him as he is a young kid still and he is also gonna need to protect him a bit because him being a gun player won't be a secret any more after Saturday's heroics and opponents will be paying him some closer special attention.

I am though particularly concerned about these dirty Gypo bastards though going the needless and premeditated hack on him and would be in full support of GVE if he benched or dropped him this week

If we dropped him to protect him, the gypos get the advantage from his absence, effectively weakening us.

Play him but make him aware what could happen and get in the refs ear early.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If we dropped him to protect him, the gypos get the advantage from his absence, effectively weakening us.

Play him but make him aware what could happen and get in the refs ear early.
    completely agree. and if we want goodwin to grow as a player, he needs to go beyond his comfort zone at times. the ref is there to make sure it doesn't go too far.

the other thing is that if you take him out for this game, what happens when we play Perth (burns) or any other team with a grub in it?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    completely agree. and if we want goodwin to grow as a player, he needs to go beyond his comfort zone at times. the ref is there to make sure it doesn't go too far.

the other thing is that if you take him out for this game, what happens when we play Perth (burns) or any other team with a grub in it?
    Goodwin has a very smart football brain I think he may get a bit of attention, but I think he will know how to use it against the gypos.
    Would love him to score 1 or 2. Really hope Heskey scores again 2 or 3 would be nice. Then Heskey cam the next week. :-)

yeah lets rest Goodwin in case he gets hurt...then he can get sledged the rest of his career for being a softcock...FFS
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Would you seriously drop Goodwin if it was your choice MFKS? Dropping one of our best (if not our best) players to try and "protect him" in one of the biggest games in the season....

He has to start.

i dunno about the rest of y'all, but when my team has a good player in it i like for him to play
    OK

Banned
    Honestly would not have a problem if GVE put him on the bench this week at all.

I severely doubt Goody would be dropped this week but my comments about dropping him are just dropping him in general not down to form or anything but just too keep him grounded. Probably not gonna do that after 2 weeks of games but if he was to be dropped suddenly say in Rd 6-7 and it wasn't form related I would still support that decision by Jets Management

i think what you have to remember is our season is bloody short enough as it is. top leagues in europe and such (which goodwin should be looking towards one day) play 2-3 times a week, over a longer season than us.

the kid needs as much exposure to quality play & opposition as he can get at his age if he's going to make it. if he runs himself into the ground in the hal, he was never going to cut it in the big leagues. if he lets it all get to his head, he's no better than kanta and will probably deserve to hover around the hal for his career, and again prove that he's not ready for the big leagues.
    OK

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Lol bench him in derby cause he might get hurt......gee whizz

No, we should bench him because he is good but we don't want him thinking he is good. In fact, isn't the NYL starting up soon? Should stick him in there for a bit so he can get a reality check.

To be fair to the Member though, GVE is probably batshit crazy enough to do this.
    Remember his infamous "Reagan is awesome, first bloke picked next week" speech?

Benching Goodwin is quite possibly the dumbest thing i have read on this forum!

hahahaha i wonder if the special one has ever considered this for Ronaldo when they play against that dirty barcelona rival they have! i think he would be an idiot if he didnt consider it!
    Last edited by leftrightout; 16-10-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: to many lulz!

This thread has just jumped the shark. Bench him. Dear me.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    there's a way the admins can lock posts to prevent them being deleted

I'm going to see if I can just to make sure this genius is kept for all time (or until the whole thing crashes again)

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i dunno about the rest of y'all, but when my team has a good player in it i like for him to play
    Seems a novel concept.

FFS Goodwin is nearly 21 years old.....not some 16 or 17 school kid. Sure he has only played a handfull of HAL games but to say we should rest him because he might get hacked or he might get a bighead doesn't make sense to me. He is one of our form players....that is what should dictate whether he starts or plays, all the rest is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Honestly would not have a problem if GVE put him on the bench this week at all.

I severely doubt Goody would be dropped this week but my comments about dropping him are just dropping him in general not down to form or anything but just too keep him grounded. Probably not gonna do that after 2 weeks of games but if he was to be dropped suddenly say in Rd 6-7 and it wasn't form related I would still support that decision by Jets Management
    You clearly have no idea.