Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newcastle Jets head coach

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    So much negativity..... Let's give the guy a chance, sounds like the Sutherland NPL coach is coming as his assistant.

Comes from a winning culture and he was their youth coach when some decent players like Marco Tilio came through.
    Why exactly should we have any positivity ??

Serious question

The guy is a nobody in Management terms.
    He is getting a shit side of cast offs and has beens to coach and won't even be anywhere near spending the salary cap.

The club is a farce from top to bottom

I got no beef with the new manager but the guy is joining a sinking ship

The negativity is justified really.

The clowns running this competition and this club have a lot to answer for

There's a few things going through my head in regards to this appointment.

Firstly, the proof will be in the pudding and how he structures the team. I will be surprised how much of that we will see against Victory - we simply need to get through! I hope we can because I personally love the Australia Cup.

The cynical side of me says this appointment is another example of agents running this club. He'll get his chance and if he does any good he's straight back to SFC once Corica gets the axe.

The optimistic perspective is who he can attract. We've see Clayton Taylor join - I expect we will see him get his chance this year. Rumours yesterday were that CCM prospect Lachlan Bayliss is joining us - and he was then released from CCM yesterday evening. So I think youth will get a chance...but there needs to be a balance. We need an experienced core.

The concerned side of me worries that this is his first full time gig. He's got to pull together his coaching staff (noting a number of the team members remain, not so much the assistants). He's served his apprenticeship but now he's the main person. This always comes with risk. It's got the same feel to a Scott Miller or Phil Stabbins appointment.

It's 24 hours or there abouts since the announcement. Let's see what he does with the team but I will be giving him my support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The paper said 30 applicants for the top job, this must have been the best kept secret in football at the moment.
    How can you scan 30 applicants in one week and come up with a winner, so soon?

this club is a joke...just like we have a buyer???

When Papas resigned it was stated that it was expected so they might have been looking for a while.

Maybe Papas gave two weeks notice!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    When Papas resigned it was stated that it was expected so they might have been looking for a while.

Maybe Papas gave two weeks notice!
    I would not be surprised if he was rissoled out of the club

I honestly can't believe a word coming from the club at the moment under Mattiske as being truthful

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    There's a few things going through my head in regards to this appointment.

Firstly, the proof will be in the pudding and how he structures the team. I will be surprised how much of that we will see against Victory - we simply need to get through! I hope we can because I personally love the Australia Cup.

The cynical side of me says this appointment is another example of agents running this club. He'll get his chance and if he does any good he's straight back to SFC once Corica gets the axe.

The optimistic perspective is who he can attract. We've see Clayton Taylor join - I expect we will see him get his chance this year. Rumours yesterday were that CCM prospect Lachlan Bayliss is joining us - and he was then released from CCM yesterday evening. So I think youth will get a chance...but there needs to be a balance. We need an experienced core.

The concerned side of me worries that this is his first full time gig. He's got to pull together his coaching staff (noting a number of the team members remain, not so much the assistants). He's served his apprenticeship but now he's the main person. This always comes with risk. It's got the same feel to a Scott Miller or Phil Stabbins appointment.

It's 24 hours or there abouts since the announcement. Let's see what he does with the team but I will be giving him my support.
    I disagree with this experienced core shit

Let's just play some kids who have a go and if we get beat so what ??

It ain't like we win much anyway

Gotta be better than playing the likes of Hoffman Jurman ONeill etc and still getting rolled every week

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I disagree with this experienced core shit

Let's just play some kids who have a go and if we get beat so what ??

It ain't like we win much anyway

Gotta be better than playing the likes of Hoffman Jurman ONeill etc and still getting rolled every week
    To be fair, this coach can do whatever the hell he wants.
    No expectations at all.
    Bouncing along rock bottom in terms of engagement and performance.
    I’d love to see him come in and move on 2/3rds of the squad if he can replace them.

I’d much rather turn up and watch a NNSW NPL select squad give it a go than a bunch of has beens and other clubs discards.
    Locals only should get 2+ year contracts. Griff must sign off on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

I honestly can't believe a word coming from the club at the moment under Mattiske as being truthful
    Agreed, but the worst part is, he thinks everyone is stupid enough to believe him. Bit like Putin
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Re Mattiske

Either he is provided with the funds to run the club as he sees fit or he just an appointment for the sake of window dressing.

Regardless of which one it is he has failed miserably, If he has decision making powers then i can't think of one thing he has done that has made this club better. If he has no authority then just what is he doing taking up the remuneration and position, At some point you got to ask yourself the honest question and be satisfied you are adding value to the organization, Is he ????.

Seems like a puppet man to me 380, then you have to ask the question, how competent are the people running the comp

Why are we giving a smurfs assistant a job instead of a jets assistant. Most of the recent coaches have had no A league experience barring Ernie. We seem to be a testing ground. The memberships tell the story

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Why are we giving a smurfs assistant a job instead of a jets assistant. Most of the recent coaches have had no A league experience barring Ernie. We seem to be a testing ground. The memberships tell the story
    We gave Deans and Zane a go before

They were not that good as they had been sold dien the garden path by Gary anyway

Why go back there??

Talking to a fella today at a match and he said he got a email from club.

First paragraph referenced him " as a former Jets member ". Went on to explain various membership offers. He reckoned they must have had a substantial number contact the club cancelling " auto renewal ". Sadly this would not surprise.

I genuinely believe the other few club owners propping the Jets up meant well in the beginning but as seasons have rolled on they are now just treating us as a flip project to minimize the losses. I get it they are not a benevolent society but it really has begun to disenfranchise many supporters.

I can see this as our final season with a license sold somewhere else geographically to a previously rejected group parhaps ACT or Wolves with the other club owners getting first dibs on that license fee to recover there funds.

New coach is on a hiding to nothing.

Agree with 380.

The club needs to make a reason for people to care for this club and they’re not at the moment. Mattiske is full of shit, the club is run by an agent group, owners trying to minimise losses, signing youth and cast off of other clubs. Sure most of our internationals last decade were flops, but there was always the hope that for every drovandi or leilei, we’d have a Rodriquez or Vignaroli. Hell, even some of the returning Socceroos were picked up by us, Covid, Burns, Wehrman gave some hope.

I miss Con.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 01-07-2023 at 10:44 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Talking to a fella today at a match and he said he got a email from club.

First paragraph referenced him " as a former Jets member ". Went on to explain various membership offers. He reckoned they must have had a substantial number contact the club cancelling " auto renewal ". Sadly this would not surprise.

I genuinely believe the other few club owners propping the Jets up meant well in the beginning but as seasons have rolled on they are now just treating us as a flip project to minimize the losses. I get it they are not a benevolent society but it really has begun to disenfranchise many supporters.

I can see this as our final season with a license sold somewhere else geographically to a previously rejected group parhaps ACT or Wolves with the other club owners getting first dibs on that license fee to recover there funds.

New coach is on a hiding to nothing.
    Got the same email 380, $300 earlybird deal, how much are the suckers been charged?