The Jets' worst-ever appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    You being salty at being overlooked is noted

Nick Theo and Phil Stabbins say hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Can't believe they even contemplated letting you kill again. However, the Titanic just had its bloodlust satiated, so never say never.

Absolute best bit on the foz.

Well played, long may it continue etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Nick Theo and Phil Stabbins say hi
    Scott Miller also says hello

1 win in 10. 7 points earned from a possible 30. 2 consecutive losses to the gypos.
    At what point do questions start to be asked? I can make next week's line up and our first 3 subs for next week right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

His tactics are the issue for me. Long balls when we have small team that isn't good in the air. Garbage

We only ended up with him because the smurfs needed to open up a spot for driller. Blokes negative football week after week is wearing real thin not too mention he got schooled by Rudan when we were a man up against the Wanderers.

In recent weeks we have played teams who have had very busy schedules travelled a lot and in the case v the wanderers a numerical advantage for half a game yet we have played slow motion football, We can't even let the ball do the work and run teams around because we can't string two f^&*(ng passes together in a row.

3/4 of the squad wouldn't get a start in AA and Stanton is not a head coaches backside. Another Stubbins, Rado and Tranni etc. They do there best work telling the 4th official who's coming off n on and putting cones out.

Pissed off rant over.

Doesn’t matter. Club won’t sack him until we get new owners.

We’re just in a holding pattern, if you’ll forgive the pun.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

you just stay in China and never come back. Take that other grub mate with you. All the best Newcastle football.

I’ll be shocked if Stanton keeps his job once these new owners hopefully come in.

Too often we’re a lot of managers first club in this country, we need to go out and sign someone on with a proven track record as a head coach of a club in a league equivalent or better then this one.

Save all the money we can on players by focusing on high quality youth, unknown but high quality internationals like we had with Penha and splash money on a good coach who can bring it all together

I think everyone can forget about Stanton getting fired, I simply can't see it happening.

Reports are the new owners want to create a similar model to Adelaide and the Central Coast. That is producing young players and selling them. It sounds like Stanton has been involved in the sale process, with both he and the owners discussing the future going forward.

It's a fact that Stanton has an excellent record in youth development, especially in his time at Sydney FC. All the recent players resigned are suggesting his importance on him as their coach. Probably as they are getting game time.

I'm frustrated as everyone else. The Mariners aren't a great team on paper, but they have that fight that the Jets don't have. A couple of solid midfielders that fight for everything and 2 central defenders that are rock solid.

I'm happy to go with a young team, but we need some good solid experienced players in the team.

Stamo looks certain to leave at seasons end. New owners will take the money. But for me he has had 1 good year, I would like to see him back that up next year. He struggled to get any serious game time in Greece before, If he picks the wrong club the same thing could occur.

I would also like to see Natta play a game at Left back and push Lucas forward. Natta finished last year there and went really well. Maybe play Taylor on the right or up with Stamo in the top 2? Time to try something else.

If Stanton is so good at youth development, maybe he should be youth team coach. As for the senior team, I haven't seen any improvement in our young players, if anything they are playing worse now than they were at the start of the season
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    If Stanton is so good at youth development, maybe he should be youth team coach. As for the senior team, I haven't seen any improvement in our young players, if anything they are playing worse now than they were at the start of the season
    Other teams have more or less "worked them out". For example, a number of times Taylor ran with the ball down the left flank. Rather than commit, the defence just sat with him until he gave the ball away.

Teams just stack the middle and force us wide. We can't really play up the middle for lack of touch and I can't recall the last time we scored either through a central attack or a shot outside the box. Most of our goals appear to be penalties, crosses and breakaways.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 05-03-2024 at 10:54 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS