Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 Jets v Western on Mars

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Notice how that decision to disallow Rukavitsya came from the non diversity hire
    Some header. How?s the keeper get beaten by an 18 yard header

How in the name of Griff did we win that?

Overruling the ball being out was a good use of VAR.

The non awarding of the penalty is everything thats wrong with VAR.

The ref went back just as far as she needed in order to find a reason to not admit she was wrong. Thats all there is to that decision. Refs ego got in the way of the real reason we have the tech in the game.

Happy for the coach to play the best system he can for the players he has to use. Anyone thinking we should be total football with this bunch of players is an idiot.

Back 4 was good enough. Everyone else was good enough and thats all they can be. Cant think of a worse front 3rd group ever in Jets colours but they are making it work so well in to everyone involved.

Risdon sucks, worst footballer ever and gets away with everything.

MOM was the coach realising that marking Lustica out of the game was Jets only hope. He was well handled and United had no other options.

Anyway, Griff has blessed us again with a win, and we get a week off the enjoy the airshow.

Hail Griff.

Like everyone else in Oz I was betting on the horses ATM, mite watch at a later date. Fuk the 3pm off
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Thought the Ref did well enough, the game flowed and she wasn't card happy or anything. Assistant upstairs had a shocker trying to make sure he got noticed or whatever he was thinking.

Kids doing better in the second half was great to see, they actually tried to claw their way up the pitch instead of sitting deep and hoping.

Honestly, Boogers seems to thrive when Stammers takes up the attention of the other CBs. Plus there's always scraps to feed off and Stammers is not horrendous at being in the right spot. Mauragis put some amazing balls in as usual and Ingham is even improving in his defensive concentration. Lots of positives, few negatives, Jenkinson not in the squad is still the best decision Staunton has made, long may it continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Thought the Ref did well enough, the game flowed and she wasn't card happy or anything.
    No, often caught out of position, not assertive enough, and no excuse for the no pen, it was her poor decision in the first place.

Watching Daniel Elder now....walking or jogging the diagonals to be positioned right and conserve energy. Our ref ran in circles.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 11-11-2023 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    No, often caught out of position, not assertive enough, and no excuse for the no pen, it was her poor decision in the first place.

Watching Daniel Elder now....walking or jogging the diagonals to be positioned right and conserve energy. Our ref ran in circles.
    The penalty didn't look like a pen at first because Risdon got himself in front, most refs (and commentators agreed) wouldn't have called that in real time.
    It was a penalty because right as Risdon steps across him he takes out the trailing leg out. Easy pen for VAR to spot.

The game flowed well, very little was missed, stop acting like there was a problem when there wasn't.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Let's just realise today's result is worth nothing

Next Saturdays result is all that matters

It is time we actually aimed up against the Gypos at home

No ****ing excuses

Seeing them at the bottom of the table on zero points, with us 8 points ahead them after week 5 will be a great start to the season.

The penalty didn't look like a pen at first because Risdon got himself in front, most refs (and commentators agreed) wouldn't have called that in real time.
    It was a penalty because right as Risdon steps across him he takes out the trailing leg out. Easy pen for VAR to spot.

The game flowed well, very little was missed, stop acting like there was a problem when there wasn't.
    not really sure what the fuss is about. the only ref that's got some questions to answer is the VAR. The contact on Risdon was so immaterial that Risdon himself didn't event think to complain about it.

Great to see them get a win, very nervy last 6 minutes, otherwise the defence was very effective.

What does everybody think about Penha going along the bench and giving everybody a hug before the game? I thought at the time this was gamesmanship and he should have been shoved straight back out, but then when he didn't celebrate, I thought maybe it was genuine. Either way, Rudan would have never let him get within 10 feet. I'm not a fan of Rudan, but I feel we do need to show a bit more mongrel sometimes.

Everything Penha did before during and after the match was class.

Bloke wouldnt put up with more than 3 seconds of Rudans bullshit so would not have been fazed.

Besides, one day we might put our hashtags and mission statements into practice and **** grubs like Rudan right the **** out of our game. But its convieient to brush his bullshit aside at the moment.

**** Rudan.

Banned
    Seeing them at the bottom of the table on zero points, with us 8 points ahead them after week 5 will be a great start to the season.
    That is now in our hands to make this a reality

We do all know how the Jets tend to disappoint when they get an opportunity to lay down a positive marker

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    not really sure what the fuss is about. the only ref that's got some questions to answer is the VAR. The contact on Risdon was so immaterial that Risdon himself didn't event think to complain about it.

Great to see them get a win, very nervy last 6 minutes, otherwise the defence was very effective.

What does everybody think about Penha going along the bench and giving everybody a hug before the game? I thought at the time this was gamesmanship and he should have been shoved straight back out, but then when he didn't celebrate, I thought maybe it was genuine. Either way, Rudan would have never let him get within 10 feet. I'm not a fan of Rudan, but I feel we do need to show a bit more mongrel sometimes.
    Watched the last 10 minutes back. Was massively dissappointed with O Neill
    The guy was out of position and out of legs most of the time

You would think at his age he be sitting just in front of the central defenders at that point of the game playing in a tuxedo directing the team about

But no he was pushing out chasing lost causes getting dragged towards half way and the sidelines

Don't know how much we are paying him but we need a bit more from him at times than we are getting

great to see brisbane beating the gypos today, meaning that there is no chance we will win in two weeks time

i thought they were our pals

Watched the last 10 minutes back. Was massively dissappointed with O Neill
    The guy was out of position and out of legs most of the time

You would think at his age he be sitting just in front of the central defenders at that point of the game playing in a tuxedo directing the team about

But no he was pushing out chasing lost causes getting dragged towards half way and the sidelines

Don't know how much we are paying him but we need a bit more from him at times than we are getting
    O Neill worries me a little at times too, mainly when he picks up a yellow card. He got second yellows in the Australia Cup against Brisbane and game against Central Coast towards the end of last year. Both were professional fouls that could have been avoided and left the team a man down to finish the game.

Hopefully we don't see it again, Class player who can control the midfield.

When was the last time we kept a clean sheet??
    18/2/23
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

These officials

FMD

Ball was out by a yard

You don't need VAR

Open your eyes FFS
    Fixed that for you.

And they couldn't open their eyes. They were staring straight into the setting sun the whole game.

That's why we have VAR and was good use of it.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

We always get the "L" plate refs, not Smurfs or Vucktory.
    The Referee has been a professional ref since 2008 from the records I've got, so hardly an L-Plater.

Silly me, posted this in wrong thread before the game.....

I don't get it anymore....WU in green, refs in flouro green and instead of the obviously different gold kit, we wear white and green.

What was once the "alternate kit" is now a compulsory "away kit", for obvious marketing reasons.

So glad I was a child of the 70s when common sense prevailed. One replica shirt did you five seasons.

And I notice we get the "diversity refs" this week, and the most sterile of the P+ commentary partnerships. Jets attacking and the idiot says "look at the camels".....

No atmos, 3pm in woop woop. APL doesn't care about anyone but the P+ "big four".
    I agree with a lot of what you say in general, JM, and some of what you say in the post but I have to challenge part of this too.

Calling the referee the "diversity ref" isn't ok. The gender of a referee doesn't and shouldn't matter - Casey Reibelt is a professional referee in her own right who has completed the course to achieve such a level. In fact I see that have female referee in the center at the highest levels of the game for both men and women is something that should be celebrated and set our game apart from others.

More broadly to all on this forum, not JM specifically, it's been called out on this forum before that this is not a friendly place for women, and it's time we do it again. Many of know each other, but a lot of us don't know who each other are. No matter who we are, the Jets should be what united us and bring us here regardless of gender or anything else. We should all be better.

As for commentary - couldn't agree more. It's as if there isn't an attempt to hide the clear bias in commentary to the big city teams. The Jets men didn't win that match....WU lost it.

I agree with a lot of what you say in general, JM, and some of what you say in the post but I have to challenge part of this too.

Calling the referee the "diversity ref" isn't ok. The gender of a referee doesn't and shouldn't matter - Casey Reibelt is a professional referee in her own right who has completed the course to achieve such a level. In fact I see that have female referee in the center at the highest levels of the game for both men and women is something that should be celebrated and set our game apart from others.

More broadly to all on this forum, not JM specifically, it's been called out on this forum before that this is not a friendly place for women, and it's time we do it again. Many of know each other, but a lot of us don't know who each other are. No matter who we are, the Jets should be what united us and bring us here regardless of gender or anything else. We should all be better.

As for commentary - couldn't agree more. It's as if there isn't an attempt to hide the clear bias in commentary to the big city teams. The Jets men didn't win that match....WU lost it.
    Well said mate, spot on..