Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Whilst your salty obsession with Olympic is noted, said GK isn?t the only player to have been sent in a trial & be told to serve his sanction in trials only (granted the other one was for violent conduct)

That said, why are red cards given in youth grade glorified trials being carried over to the main comp when the NPL red cards aren?t? Seems to me northern are determined to make an example of teenagers.
    If it remains a rule for kids and rule for NPL then Northern are a joke

Are there finals that accompany this preseason ?tournament? or is it just 3 glorified trials

What’s the point?
    1- Northern won’t listen
    2- Reporting the ref will only put a target on my own child & his club

I can only hope the club of the player I’m talking about has taken action to protect the kid involved
    So it?s bad enough that you comment on the forum about it, but won?t do anything to follow it up? Nice. Don?t bother complaining about it if it happens again then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    Are there finals that accompany this preseason ?tournament? or is it just 3 glorified trials
    Just trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Just trials.
    It?s a shame they could make it in to a good little tournament for the preseason. Games always become more competitive when you are playing for something

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    So it?s bad enough that you comment on the forum about it, but won?t do anything to follow it up? Nice. Don?t bother complaining about it if it happens again then.
    No worries Mr Haynes, I?ll leave you to pretend everything is A ok 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    It?s a shame they could make it in to a good little tournament for the preseason. Games always become more competitive when you are playing for something
    They did make it into a good little tournament last year, too many clubs had a whinge about it being a tournament but said they liked that Northern organised the matches. So this is the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    They did make it into a good little tournament last year, too many clubs had a whinge about it being a tournament but said they liked that Northern organised the matches. So this is the outcome.
    You only need to look at how many games were called off due to field protection,rain or heat to see that then trying to reschedule catchups midweek involving travelling teams was a night mare last year.I liked the idea of a preseason comp but also understand why straight up trials were the preferred option this year.Is the mid season knockout going on this year again?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    You only need to look at how many games were called off due to field protection,rain or heat to see that then trying to reschedule catchups midweek involving travelling teams was a night mare last year.I liked the idea of a preseason comp but also understand why straight up trials were the preferred option this year.Is the mid season knockout going on this year again?
    Meh, excluding finals it wasn't that many, there was only 3 games per age group that had to be played midweek. Everyone else got to play on the scheduled day, hardly a nightmare but they could have done what they have done this year and just declare them a draw.

These also weren't what the main reasons given to Northern by clubs were anyway.

Midseason cup/plate is continuing and thankfully Northern didn't listen to the negative Nancys on that.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 04-03-2024 at 02:30 PM.

No worries Mr Haynes, I?ll leave you to pretend everything is A ok 🙄
    😂 From experience I can tell you that if a club raises an issue with a ref, northern will act. I was running the line when an incident occurred that I couldn?t do anything about but was clearly wrong. As the senior ref on the day I was contacted by the referees coach the next day to get information regarding what happened. But that wouldn?t have happened if the club didn?t contact Northern. Especially when most clubs film their games now.

But sure, let?s just bitch on an online forum, that?ll solve everything.

they could have done what they have done this year and just declare them a draw.
    Im sure a certain club that had all games called off would be more than fine with missing the next round because of draws.Anyway I'm glad they are staying as trails.We all had this discussion previously but using trials to work on lineups,formations and experimenting rather than just caring about the win is best for the kids at this time of year in my opinion.Between the 2 stages of the league,the mid season cup,finals and battles for promotion/relegation there is more than enough games to make sure winning is the priority and for parents to post on facebook about.As always,good luck to all the kids coaches and clubs over the next few months as they start their seasons.

Im sure a certain club that had all games called off would be more than fine with missing the next round because of draws.
    But they are fine with missing them now? This is also the rule in the regular season if games can't be made up in time as well.

We all had this discussion previously but using trials to work on lineups,formations and experimenting rather than just caring about the win is best for the kids at this time of year in my opinion.
    If you are a club or coach and have the mentality that we need to win a pre-season cup in Newcastle youth football then you need to be sat down and spoken to about your priorities. And let's not pretend that these same coaches aren't still looking to win these games or other trial matches for that matter.

Between the 2 stages of the league,the mid season cup,finals and battles for promotion/relegation there is more than enough games to make sure winning is the priority and for parents to post on facebook about
    Not the reason for why the pre-season cup should've been kept, but since you aren't too fussed about player development or variety, we'll leave it there.

�� From experience I can tell you that if a club raises an issue with a ref, northern will act. I was running the line when an incident occurred that I couldn?t do anything about but was clearly wrong. As the senior ref on the day I was contacted by the referees coach the next day to get information regarding what happened. But that wouldn?t have happened if the club didn?t contact Northern. Especially when most clubs film their games now.

But sure, let?s just bitch on an online forum, that?ll solve everything.
    The only people who dont like seeing negative comments here are the associations which you must be part of.

This is an excellent place to air grievances but make sure it is factual. Pour it on everyone.
    Not only are people more aware of goings on but NNSW and Jets staff do read this stuff and bog themselves due to negative public feedback.

One such specimen who is now no longer coaching in this country was very alarmed mainly only due to embarrassing perception, which was factual, and keeping his job.

Carry on regardless.

But they are fine with missing them now? This is also the rule in the regular season if games can't be made up in time as well.

If you are a club or coach and have the mentality that we need to win a pre-season cup in Newcastle youth football then you need to be sat down and spoken to about your priorities. And let's not pretend that these same coaches aren't still looking to win these games or other trial matches for that matter.

Not the reason for why the pre-season cup should've been kept, but since you aren't too fussed about player development or variety, we'll leave it there.
    1.Please turn your sarcasm detector on I was joking.
    2.Please re-read my previous posts regarding the importance of any of this,you'll see we agree.
    3.Please re-read point 2.In fact,we agree on pretty much all of it I'm beginning to think we are the same person.

In fact,we agree on pretty much all of it I'm beginning to think we are the same person.
    Don't tell the mods

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    The only people who dont like seeing negative comments here are the associations which you must be part of.

This is an excellent place to air grievances but make sure it is factual. Pour it on everyone.
    Not only are people more aware of goings on but NNSW and Jets staff do read this stuff and bog themselves due to negative public feedback.

One such specimen who is now no longer coaching in this country was very alarmed mainly only due to embarrassing perception, which was factual, and keeping his job.

Carry on regardless.
    Know what they say about assuming anything? I’m not a member of the association, haven’t been for years. But at least I gave it a go.

And yeah, it is a great place to air grievances and achieve absolutely nothing, and then complain about the same thing again.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

And yeah, it is a great place to air grievances and achieve absolutely nothing, and then complain about the same thing again.
    yawn. incorrect again

Yes they do, goal scorer lists do, clubs post the kids names all over facebook, instagram and their website. Why are you only upset now and never before? Is your child a ref abuser and you're afraid people may find out?

The list doesn't have photos, so you're getting upset over things you've made up in your head.

No one said it was hilarious, also please don't use terms you don't understand, it doesn't help your argument.

Showing you don't know the process of disputes (which is why I doubt your story). But if he has and is successful and the suspension is overturned then it will be removed and again this isn't a new feature from Northern been like this for years.

Making stuff up in your head again

Also don't waste FACS time, they have real issues with real children who are in actual harm with limited resources, they need to focus on those poor kids, not look to stop people finding out some entitled middle-class kid called a ref a slur.
    I'm sorry but don't people get banned for making personal attacks like this - or only some of us do?

FACS do and will follow up on football teams, Ive seen it, IN NEWCASTLE, in this level of the sport. multiple times.

The new system Squadi, does have photos.

I do know the process of disputes. Ive seen video evidence from two different angles produces and still only downgraded even though it was shown not to have happened - if this had happened in this comp this year they would be on this list for doing nothing.

You assume that I only have kids that play and not ref or do both. Just because I think it's a very unfair policy doesn't mean I don't have kids that referee, or that my kids even have anything to do with referee abuse. They don't, and the accusation is personal and offensive - stalking is also a crime - just so you are aware, I'll leave it at that.

If you think kids don't come to real harm through sport and its just "poor" kids you are more sheltered then you even know.

Little late to the paryt, but I don’t agree with Under 18s being named and shamed for negative reasons.

The privacy of U18s is an interesting debate. I’m sure if there were any individual concerns regarding a specific player, there would be some measures in place to protect identity. I think, broadly, they are two separate issues.

On one side, you have the somewhat positive of broadcasts. “Congrats to our squad, see names here” type posts, or team of the weeks or goal scorers etc. Kids (and their parents) love that stuff and it’s a great way to give praise and for them to be ‘famous’ for a little. This is no different to being named and broadcasted at schools for achievements. Again, you’d hope if there were individual concerns, these would be passed on to the respective powers and honoured.

On the other side, a database of players indiscretions doesn’t feel right. They are children, they are growing up, they are learning, they are developing into adults. It can be hard for kids, they don’t need NNSW adding their name online for everyone to see they were suspended for 8 weeks for abusing a referee. Sure, suspend them, but I think naming and posting online for anybody to see is a bit too far. There seems little purpose, but to publicly shame.
    Once you’re 18 I think it’s fair game, you should be able to understand what’s right and wrong and be accountable for your actions.

Maybe something accessible to referees or club officials is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    The privacy of U18s is an interesting debate. I?m sure if there were any individual concerns regarding a specific player, there would be some measures in place to protect identity.
    There absolutely is, you can see who these players are on Squadi because they come up as Hidden Player on the team sheet with the initials HP. None of these players have been done for ref abuse this year. I know of one player who is now listed as a hidden player and he got a red card two years ago (for a bad tackle) was not included on the list that Northern updated every week for all to see. I would imagine the same thing would continue to happen this year should he or the other hidden player's get a red card.

These suspension lists aren't new, we've had them for years listing player, team, reason, and length of suspension. It's only now that it is being included to holding people accountable (which teenagers absolutely do need to be) do we see the Karens getting all upset that people may find out their little cherubs aren't the innocent darlings that imagine them to be.