Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Hearing u13s player got 6 weeks for ref abuse and club (I think Belswans?) got 1k fine ? The tough crackdown has began by the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I have already heard there will be clubs not fielding some NPL youth age groups again this season.
    When I posted this on the 5th of December last year it was in relation to the Adamstown 15s not fielding a team for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Hearing u13s player got 6 weeks for ref abuse and club (I think Belswans?) got 1k fine ? The tough crackdown has began by the looks.
    No idea on the severity of the abuse but hopefully no one acts shocked.NNSW could not have been clearer with what the consequences were going to be this year.

Individual player suspensions are published on Northern's website. Three x 8 week suspensions for official abuse issued so far... None from BelSwans

Where abouts is it located on NNSWF website, I can only see last seasons and the carry over suspensions on the Premier Club Resource page?

Quote Originally Posted by Largesse View Post
    Individual player suspensions are published on Northern's website. Three x 8 week suspensions for official abuse issued so far... None from BelSwans
    Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Largesse View Post
    While the punishment might fit the crime - publishing a 12 year olds details on a public website has serious ramifications in regards to the well-being of children and I'm not even sure it would be legal. Publishing a minors details and what they supposedly did according to another person under the age of 18 isn't something anyone should be on board with - the courts don't do it, so I doubt northern would have an organisation left if they did it. If this event happened I doubt it will be published publicly. The club will know and act on it accordingly I would assume.

If northern make this database they are talking about, it would only take one person losing their day job and northern won't have funds left to run the sport. It's a massive risk to publish the personal details (in explicit detail) on a public website. I'm sure they got real good legal advice on this one (not really).

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    While the punishment might fit the crime - publishing a 12 year olds details on a public website has serious ramifications in regards to the well-being of children and I'm not even sure it would be legal. Publishing a minors details and what they supposedly did according to another person under the age of 18 isn't something anyone should be on board with - the courts don't do it, so I doubt northern would have an organisation left if they did it. If this event happened I doubt it will be published publicly. The club will know and act on it accordingly I would assume.

If northern make this database they are talking about, it would only take one person losing their day job and northern won't have funds left to run the sport. It's a massive risk to publish the personal details (in explicit detail) on a public website. I'm sure they got real good legal advice on this one (not really).
    Agree

I just found the page - I have reported it to the office of privacy commissioner and will be following up with FACS and some other organisations, if there is any kids currently in care or under the protection of an AVO that end up on that list its a massive safety issue. I can now locate where a kid plays sport, their full name and their age. ffs. do they think about things that these kids don't have any control over in their lives?

I just found the page - I have reported it to the office of privacy commissioner and will be following up with FACS and some other organisations
    Hahahahaha, narc.

Legit though, we don't need to kids being shamed. Am all for shaming the clubs and coaches though. Getting them all buying in and behaving properly is the only way the kids will shut their mouths.

Also, please note there's plenty of minors reffing too so there can be more than one victim in all this.

Not saying it?s necessary to publish the kids name, (personally I think club, team, offence and sanction is enough) but I don?t think the legalities of it is any different to having their names on say a public golden boot list, rep squad, etc.

Im yet to someone report any of those lists to FACS

According to the wife who is a primary school teacher, kids that are subject to a protection order or similar will have a specific ?No publication? arrangement with the school. I imagine they?d have to have one with Northern too so they didn?t get put on any of the other lists I mentioned above either.
    Last edited by ExWhistleMan; 29-02-2024 at 11:33 PM.

The kid had been mouthing off at the ref constantly I believe and then started swearing at him also. The linesman also heard it all as well. I know our club and coach were clear on the clamp down and although a big suspension it?s not like we all weren?t warned 🤷*♂️

If this is true the ref never reported it

While the punishment might fit the crime - publishing a 12 year olds details on a public website has serious ramifications in regards to the well-being of children and I'm not even sure it would be legal. Publishing a minors details and what they supposedly did according to another person under the age of 18 isn't something anyone should be on board with
    Alright Karen, why won't you complaining when they would publish the name club and number of goals a 12 year scored for all these years? Same thing and same details are shown, except for goals it is cards.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Legit though, we don't need to kids being shamed.
    No they do need to be, the amount of kids that abuse refs and expect to get away with it is a travesty and is one of the reasons why we lose so many refs.

When an U15s boys team reduced a female ref to tears because she made a call (a right one btw) and so they told her for the rest of the game that girls don't belong on a soccer field and instead should be in the kitchen need to be shamed.

Also, please note there's plenty of minors reffing too so there can be more than one victim in all this.
    Somehow I don't think people like Kitz cares. Wonder why she wasn't getting upset when anyone could look at team lists in the past and see their name and what club they were playing for.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 01-03-2024 at 12:16 AM.

Banned
    I just found the page - I have reported it to the office of privacy commissioner and will be following up with FACS and some other organisations, if there is any kids currently in care or under the protection of an AVO that end up on that list its a massive safety issue. I can now locate where a kid plays sport, their full name and their age. ffs. do they think about things that these kids don't have any control over in their lives?
    Top work sarg. did you also dob in the young crims in Townsville? Alice springs? Melbourne city or just the life saving stuff in Newy?

We'll have the medal ready by Mundee.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    No they do need to be, the amount of kids that abuse refs and expect to get away with it is a travesty and is one of the reasons why we lose so many refs.

When an U15s boys team reduced a female ref to tears because she made a call (a right one btw) and so they told her for the rest of the game that girls don't belong on a soccer field and instead should be in the kitchen need to be shamed.
    Ok, just to be clear, I want the kids punished, big suspensions. Whack the clubs as well. But I don't need their names passed onto Andrew Bolt and co.

As for your 2nd point. The young girl in question didn't need to put up with the abuse, but the fact you said they did it for the whole game means she hadn't obviously punished them. Hopefully she now understands the expectations on her to sit their asses down and that NNSW will back her.

Agree in the past she may have felt like she needed to cop it and move on but not now. The ref's know exactly what they need to do, and the quicker they do it the quicker the problem gets solved.

But I don't need their names passed onto Andrew Bolt and co.
    Well that's not happening so you can jump off your morality train.

BY the way, a suspension register available for everyone is not a new measure from Northern been available for years and clubs including the opposing club, players and refs need to know who is suspended.

The ref's know exactly what they need to do, and the quicker they do it the quicker the problem gets solved.
    Including with all the other measures, but hey if you don't want people to know you abused a ref, don't abuse a ref

My guy, imma let you in on a little secret. I really don't care about your shame list, if that's what works for you then good good.

I'm only here to make fun of old mate who was narcing out on everyone by writing to NCIS or whatever the organisation is called.

That, to me, is funny.

You guys can do whatever you want with the rest of it.

But I don't need their names passed onto Andrew Bolt and co.
    As much as there is some high quality meme and wind-up content available in all of this, it does seem reasonable to think there is a chance this can happen. If the below quote has any form of substance (and whatever other examples we haven't seen/heard yet) - in what world does Tracy Grimshaw or one of her fellow shoulder-pad-wearing goons not jump all over something like this.

OK