Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    Yes I noticed this also. Now that comment has been deleted also. You either leave all the comments or delete all the comments. Picking and choosing because one coaches your kid whilst leaving up comments that call NPL coaches and clubs grubs is very hypocritical don?t you think Ageon?
    Threats of exposing our names etc, I don?t care. Hopefully your sucking up gets the young fella a start.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

A reminder for everyone of the posting guidelines as it would be great if this thread could actually last until the start of the actual season.

1. Be respectful of your fellow football fans. Repeated knobheadedness will result in being banned.
    2. Don't be a racist, bigot or homophobe. You will be banned.
    3. Spammers, you will be banned. If you register a new username & spam - your IP will then be banned.
    4. If you intend to advertise - its manners to ask permission first. Send an email to info@newcastlefootball.net
    If you don't - please refer to point 3.
    5. Our local football forums are a thriving community of NNSWFF participants but there have been issues in the past. Please don't pass rumours off as fact, naming individuals especially in a negative light and abuse of fellow users. If this occurs, the local football subforum may have it's access restricted or locked altogether.
    6. Opposition supporters are welcome and encouraged to participate. Trolling will result in being banned. Being a Coastie troll will get you banned quicker.
    7. If you post a poll, slobs must be one of the options or the poll is invalid.
    8. Listen to the admins & mods. Picking fights with them is unwise (but laughably people still try).
    9. Do not assume anonymity. Admins & mods reserve the right to post your name and club affiliations should you be abusive, troll other users, generally be argumentative or any other reason at our discretion.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

A reminder for everyone of the posting guidelines as it would be great if this thread could actually last until the start of the actual season.

1. Be respectful of your fellow football fans. Repeated knobheadedness will result in being banned.
    2. Don't be a racist, bigot or homophobe. You will be banned.
    3. Spammers, you will be banned. If you register a new username & spam - your IP will then be banned.
    4. If you intend to advertise - its manners to ask permission first. Send an email to info@newcastlefootball.net
    If you don't - please refer to point 3.
    5. Our local football forums are a thriving community of NNSWFF participants but there have been issues in the past. Please don't pass rumours off as fact, naming individuals especially in a negative light and abuse of fellow users. If this occurs, the local football subforum may have it's access restricted or locked altogether.
    6. Opposition supporters are welcome and encouraged to participate. Trolling will result in being banned. Being a Coastie troll will get you banned quicker.
    7. If you post a poll, slobs must be one of the options or the poll is invalid.
    8. Listen to the admins & mods. Picking fights with them is unwise (but laughably people still try).
    9. Do not assume anonymity. Admins & mods reserve the right to post your name and club affiliations should you be abusive, troll other users, generally be argumentative or any other reason at our discretion.
    There’s that post again. Does this apply to you also?

There’s that post again. Does this apply to you also?
    Refer back to point 1 sentence 2 before posting again.

Refer back to point 1 sentence 2 before posting again.
    An adult response would have been.

"Yes the rules apply to me and ill ensure that I'm not being offensive if someone has raised an issue with a post i have made and consider that with increased power comes increased responsibilities."

Problem solved. It's not terribly difficult to not be antagonistic on purpose 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    An adult response would have been.

"Yes the rules apply to me and ill ensure that I'm not being offensive if someone has raised an issue with a post i have made and consider that with increased power comes increased responsibilities."

Problem solved. It's not terribly difficult to not be antagonistic on purpose ��
    No he wants to let us know he has power to block us and name us. I haven?t said anything bad

Does anyone on here know how Torontos youth recruiting is going?I have already heard there will be clubs not fielding some NPL youth age groups again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Does anyone on here know how Torontos youth recruiting is going?I have already heard there will be clubs not fielding some NPL youth age groups again this season.
    The last I heard, they were confident of fielding all teams.

The last I heard, they were confident of fielding all teams.
    Thats good to hear.

Out of interest which clubs are you hearing might not be fielding teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Out of interest which clubs are you hearing might not be fielding teams?
    I am not going to say because hopefully things have changed over the last few weeks and they have found a solution.I would rather not be responsible for scaring potential recruits away.Hopefully if theres any kids out there that still want an opportunity at the NPL level its not too late to get a spot somewhere.Draws usually come out around this time of year so it might be a bit clearer then if any clubs have come up short.

I am not going to say because hopefully things have changed over the last few weeks and they have found a solution.I would rather not be responsible for scaring potential recruits away.Hopefully if theres any kids out there that still want an opportunity at the NPL level its not too late to get a spot somewhere.Draws usually come out around this time of year so it might be a bit clearer then if any clubs have come up short.
    With no punishment for not fielding a team. Why would a club enter a team that will be beat each week. That?s just giving every other club 3 free points. Azzurri didn?t field a side last year and every team didn?t get 3 points for a bye. It?s actually smart if you are looking at having an average side

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    With no punishment for not fielding a team. Why would a club enter a team that will be beat each week. That?s just giving every other club 3 free points. Azzurri didn?t field a side last year and every team didn?t get 3 points for a bye. It?s actually smart if you are looking at having an average side
    Must be difficult having 3 or 4 grades out of the 5. Instantly put into the 3rd div when the tables break away. But theres the chance to build up the full quota for next year.

Probably better to have no youth then to have 1 or 2 teams. Well played Stags.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Charlestown finished bottom of the club championship and are now in Div2. Seems they got all their teams but they had their years grace so got away with it. Important to note that Toronto did want to field 2 teams last season but were told they can't, had promotion and relegation been in this year they wouldn't have been going up due to not having teams (seems like a punishment to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Charlestown finished bottom of the club championship and are now in Div2. Seems they got all their teams but they had their years grace so got away with it. Important to note that Toronto did want to field 2 teams last season but were told they can't, had promotion and relegation been in this year they wouldn't have been going up due to not having teams (seems like a punishment to me).
    From my understanding you are only allowed to have 1 team missing for 1 year

They couldn’t field teams and finished bottom but they didn’t miss parents with rego costs,ex jets players don’t come cheap.

They couldn’t field teams and finished bottom but they didn’t miss parents with rego costs,ex jets players don’t come cheap.
    Perhaps they are one of the few NPL clubs not using the JDL and PYL rego fees to pay for players.

Perhaps they are one of the few NPL clubs not using the JDL and PYL rego fees to pay for players.
    Perhaps, but highly doubt it. They all do it, money goes into same accounts in the end. But if I was a club that couldn’t fill all teams I’d try make it more appealing to attract players and lower rego would be a start especially if I’m in lower grades.
    Or you could be like another club that wears the same colours and use the money to pay YOUTH players regos to sign them ����*♂️