4. Cessnock - 24pts
    5. Belswans - 22pts
    6. West Wallsend - 21pts
    7. South Cardiff - 21pts
    8. Kahibah - 21pts
    9. Singleton - 9pts
    10. Toronto - 7pts
    11. Thornton - 5pts

Number of games played is more varied than Div1 (1 has played 8 (Singleton), another has played 20 (Cessnock) so will flatten out over time

After all the recent talk of poorly behaved supporters, I'd like to acknowledge the players and spectators at tonight's U18 Cup match @ Weston v New Lambton. I had the pleasure of refereeing, something I've not done in 20 years, a match played in a competitive spirit between 2 respectful sides. After the match, almost all of the players, coaches and supporters thanked me for my efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    After all the recent talk of poorly behaved supporters, I'd like to acknowledge the players and spectators at tonight's U18 Cup match @ Weston v New Lambton. I had the pleasure of refereeing, something I've not done in 20 years, a match played in a competitive spirit between 2 respectful sides. After the match, almost all of the players, coaches and supporters thanked me for my efforts.
    As the VP at New Lambton, that is wonderful to hear, glad the lads have been paying attention to all the internal messaging we?ve been sending. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Great post mate,and well done to the kids and clubs for their support.Hope the whistle wasnt too rusty after 20 years.

Only 4 clubs got to play this weekend (so, I'll update my table later)

But one thing noticed today, the NCF Maitland games...there are 3 different scores published for 13s (maybe the other age groups too)

- NCF published 0-0
    - Squadi season fixtures published 2-0 win for NCF
    - Squadi also published 2-2 under the match center "action log" for the same game

Anyone know what the actual score was? And why Squadi has so many bugs 🤦

It was 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Only 4 clubs got to play this weekend (so, I'll update my table later)

But one thing noticed today, the NCF Maitland games...there are 3 different scores published for 13s (maybe the other age groups too)

- NCF published 0-0
    - Squadi season fixtures published 2-0 win for NCF
    - Squadi also published 2-2 under the match center "action log" for the same game

Anyone know what the actual score was? And why Squadi has so many bugs 🤦
    Is squadi the actual table that nnsw go off? Or do they have a proper one that?s actually correct. Because I?ve seen so many wrong scores posted along a few grades over the years. It can?t be that hard to upload results surely.
    Maybe it?s because they are letting young refs to upload them.
    Is it just me or a referees getting younger and younger these days? They probably don?t know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    Is squadi the actual table that nnsw go off? Or do they have a proper one that?s actually correct. Because I?ve seen so many wrong scores posted along a few grades over the years. It can?t be that hard to upload results surely.
    Maybe it?s because they are letting young refs to upload them.
    Is it just me or a referees getting younger and younger these days? They probably don?t know how to do it.

This year was the first year my son has been required to upload scores and information direct to squadi.This is done at halftime and full time and the centre referee is responsible for inputting it and information is correlated between all officials (who also keep track of goals and cards).My son had issues with it in the pre-season trials in which case he sent the relevant information directly to NNSW if squadi wasnt working.So far this season he hasnt had any issues so it may be more a case of human error rather than a problem with the app.As for your other question,yes referees are getting younger.Ive commented on that issue in the thread before and you only need to look back a few pages to see why.Its no secret,kids dont want to deal with the abuse.So if you have time go sit the course and get involved,and get your child to do the same.If thats not possible the least you can do is not abuse officials and if you see any cases of it help out and stop it.Because the longer I am involved the game,its always the parents who dont know the rules who yell the loudest and then complain the most when they dont have refs for their matches.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    So if you have time go sit the course and get involved,and get your child to do the same.If thats not possible the least you can do is not abuse officials and if you see any cases of it help out and stop it.Because the longer I am involved the game,its always the parents who dont know the rules who yell the loudest and then complain the most when they dont have refs for their matches.
    Lets get off the self righteous horse for a minute.
    Ive offered at several clubs to do those same jobs admin, scores, game day sheets but clubs are insular and prefer to keep those jobs for the mates and wives.

And if kids are illiterate they probably shouldnt be refing. No I dont abuse refs before you point your grubby finger just morons on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Lets get off the self righteous horse for a minute.
    Ive offered at several clubs to do those same jobs admin, scores, game day sheets but clubs are insular and prefer to keep those jobs for the mates and wives.

And if kids are illiterate they probably shouldnt be refing. No I dont abuse refs before you point your grubby finger just morons on here.
    Im not sure what youre getting angry about Jim but I wasnt directing anything at you,or the post I replied to.The simple fact is there arent enough referees,so if anyone wants to help then theres an option.In the same way clubs dont have enough volunteers in other areas so if youre part of that community who puts in to help then none of my comments have anything to do with the likes of you.I dont referee either,but I do my part in other areas.I dont expect everyone to be able to do it,but it would be nice to see a bit more appreciation for the kids that do have a go at refereeing.

Im not sure what youre getting angry about Jim but I wasnt directing anything at you,or the post I replied to.The simple fact is there arent enough referees,so if anyone wants to help then theres an option.In the same way clubs dont have enough volunteers in other areas so if youre part of that community who puts in to help then none of my comments have anything to do with the likes of you.I dont referee either,but I do my part in other areas.I dont expect everyone to be able to do it,but it would be nice to see a bit more appreciation for the kids that do have a go at refereeing.
    If the clubs see the wrong scores uploaded, the parents are always pretty quick to let their coach / team manager know, if they don't already (from what I've experienced) and then the club emails northern and it's fixed. The app can be janky especially when washouts happen and they I assume manually enter them as washouts during the week.

If the refs accidentally mash the wrong buttons there's about 50 zillion adults around who know how to get it fixed and I assume the lovely guy that manages the young referees would email the ref's who where on that day and confirm what they have written down separately to squadi - If your club can't be assed to follow it up, well probably best you take it up with them.

Such a non issue in the scheme of things. Let's at least get to the point we can have 2 linespeople for every game in our premier competitions, both boys and girls.

Happy to let people know that even the adult refs have problems with the jankiness that is Squadi, and not just the senior in age refs either.

Also, refs would definitely appear to be getting younger as you get older
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I kinda feel like everyone is onboard with the fact that squadi is a dumpster fire that northern should purge asap. But I do hope/assume that in the few days post match clubs & referees will sort any inaccuracies.

NNSWF can be really slow to update and correct the results once they have gone in. We have 3 matches that we have been waiting to have the results updated on since round 2 as they are currently recorded as an opposition win, despite our teams winning and us providing photos of the opposition clubs scoreboard, even with the opposing club also emailing them to verify our claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    Is squadi the actual table that nnsw go off? Or do they have a proper one that?s actually correct.
    I'm not sure...but it is their official app for tracking all of this stuff

Data entry shouldn't be so hard...accuracy would be preferred to inaccurate real time scores (I feel)

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    I kinda feel like everyone is onboard with the fact that squadi is a dumpster fire that northern should purge asap. But I do hope/assume that in the few days post match clubs & referees will sort any inaccuracies.
    What?s a dumpster 🤦*♂️

Im not 100% sure but from memory my son said that once scores/teamsheet data and cards are entered and confirmed on gameday via squadi they cant edit anything.So if theres any issues they can only be sorted out by NNSW.

Im not 100% sure but from memory my son said that once scores/teamsheet data and cards are entered and confirmed on gameday via squadi they cant edit anything.So if theres any issues they can only be sorted out by NNSW.
    That is correct. We have got teams in PYLG that have incorrect scores, results, goal scorers, and unfortunately once the pre-game lock out starts clubs cannot access/change anything, post game there is also a lockout for the referees, not sure how long post game but I believe it is quite short too?after that you have to contact NNSWF for anything to be corrected, some change are quick and easy, others not so much.