Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    So you?d be one of those ego parents? Little Jimmy gonna be the one that makes it from this generation is he?
    lol, can you read? there are HEAPS of kids that have come through locally that are paid to play football, right here in Newcastle. The only one blowing things out of proportion here is you.

Also, your argument is old, go back to like I don't know 2019, or any of the other years now locked post and you can read this boring old argument that you have come here as to start again because you think you are the first one to give it a go. Everyone else has moved on to how to develop the game in the area, not have a cry because obviously your kid must have missed out this year, so now you have come here to have a bag on and hope that someone else joins you to validate your miserable existence.

Yes, the reality is that not many of these kids will play for the Socceroos or Matilda’s. That’s just facts and maths and probability and goes for almost any junior footballer in the world.

But that shouldn’t stop us trying to develop kids to the best they can be, on and off the pitch. And there are plenty of avenues to make money or be successful or get great joy from this game.

Football is a pyramid. Start off with a bunch of kids at the bottom and gradually they move their way up the pyramid or off the pyramid.
    JDL should be taking as many teams as they can, accessible for any club that can provide the coaching required. At this point I don’t think there’s anything to gain by limiting numbers or clubs that can provide this.

NPL Youth should be a little more selective. But again, I think any club that can meet criteria should be eligible to apply and field teams.

I think it should be a prerequisite for senior NPL clubs. There should be a responsibility for clubs in “giving” and sharing some of their expertise to the next generation. But, not limited to. If a club like Warners Bay (just a a random club not currently NPL) have a large junior base, coaches on board with relevant qualifications and ability to field teams, they should be able to. Some clubs do development better at different stages.

How they operate the season with potentially splitting ages and promotion and relegation is ,for me, the tricky part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    JDL should be taking as many teams as they can, accessible for any club that can provide the coaching required. At this point I don’t think there’s anything to gain by limiting numbers or clubs that can provide this.
    While I agree that the more the better, I think just saying anyone and everyone won't be beneficial, we already see some clubs take two teams for the sake of it, yet the second team is just to make up numbers (and extra rego), chucking a parent in who doesn't know how to coach to coach and then just dropping them all off at the end of U12s. While it can be opened up there needs to be some base requirements and then overseeing to make sure those requirements are continually met.

NPL Youth should be a little more selective. But again, I think any club that can meet criteria should be eligible to apply and field teams.

I think it should be a prerequisite for senior NPL clubs. There should be a responsibility for clubs in “giving” and sharing some of their expertise to the next generation. But, not limited to. If a club like Warners Bay (just a a random club not currently NPL) have a large junior base, coaches on board with relevant qualifications and ability to field teams, they should be able to. Some clubs do development better at different stages.
    Despite there no longer being NPL Youth, I do believe clubs like Warners Bay can enter the Youth Premier League provided they have a full complement of teams as their senior teams are in the premier competitions pyramid.

for sure. We dont have the cattle to fill the teams we have now.

There should be a responsibility for clubs in “giving” and sharing some of their expertise to the next generation. But, not limited to. If a club like Warners Bay (just a a random club not currently NPL) have a large junior base, coaches on board with relevant qualifications and ability to field teams, they should be able to.
    That would benefit the npl club as well as they can call on selected players to join their club
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Can someone please explain why people are allowed to come here and disparage kids and the entire comp, yet when you respond to what is being said then you get an infraction???

why is it appropriate to bag out young people playing football in Newcastle, but when you respond in kind to an ADULT, then its a problem?

"I SMH whenever I read people on here talk about development and player quality. The kids are playing in a low standard league in a city that loves footy in a country that doesn?t give a hoot about soccer. What are kids being developed for? Parents egos? Clubs and private coaches bank accounts?"

"So you?d be one of those ego parents? Little Jimmy gonna be the one that makes it from this generation is he?"

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Can someone please explain why people are allowed to come here and disparage kids and the entire comp, yet when you respond to what is being said then you get an infraction???

why is it appropriate to bag out young people playing football in Newcastle, but when you respond in kind to an ADULT, then its a problem?

"I SMH whenever I read people on here talk about development and player quality. The kids are playing in a low standard league in a city that loves footy in a country that doesn?t give a hoot about soccer. What are kids being developed for? Parents egos? Clubs and private coaches bank accounts?"

"So you?d be one of those ego parents? Little Jimmy gonna be the one that makes it from this generation is he?"
    Perhaps refrain from directly insulting people you are responding to. You struggle to finish a response you disagree with without questioning their intelligence, etc.

Case in point, your last paragraph.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Since bringing the sport into disrepute is acceptable behaviour in here from calling youth league trash, through to unfounded accusations clubs of filling their pockets from youth fees - which has yet to be shown with any proof. No heroic whistleblower has shown us some massive fraud from youth fees, yet time and time again it's repeatably posted - it harms the sport, the area and all of the clubs and volunteers. Speaking to people like that rationally doesn't work, because they don't care they are throwing shade, they don't care about a constructive conversation, they are happy to do as much damage as they can.

Maybe if the Rando's that come in spewing this stuff were controlled better, there would be less reason for their feelings to get hurt, sorry, not sorry I guess?

Have fun peeps, hope the season is a good one!

20th of Jan has to be a new record for the youth chat annual meltdown?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    obviously your kid must have missed out this year, so now you have come here to have a bag on and hope that someone else joins you to validate your miserable existence.
    um you have no idea of their situation. You are the problem here. bye. DCB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Why would it need a whistleblower to say they use money the club generates to pay players and some staff members...is there some kind of rule or law they are breaking if they did?

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Why would it need a whistleblower to say they use money the club generates to pay players and some staff members...is there some kind of rule or law they are breaking if they did?
    No it was a silly comment. You can tell which ones do and which one's don't as much. Particularly when there is a $1,000 difference in fees and the players aren't getting an additional $1,000 in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    No it was a silly comment. You can tell which ones do and which one's don't as much. Particularly when there is a $1,000 difference in fees and the players aren't getting an additional $1,000 in value.
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    correct
    LOL not correct. Some clubs have different requirements - like some have to pay to maintain their own grounds, fund their own developments, others get handouts from the council and low ground rent. Others use external sponsors to pay player wages and it comes entirely comes from that particular sponsor. You can tell who's never volunteered on a committee before.

Quote Originally Posted by FTBLNEW View Post
    LOL not correct. Some clubs have different requirements - like some have to pay to maintain their own grounds, fund their own developments, others get handouts from the council and low ground rent. Others use external sponsors to pay player wages and it comes entirely comes from that particular sponsor. You can tell who's never volunteered on a committee before.
    Hmmm have you?

Youre pretty quick to refute what ive seen but you know it all so we can all drop the convo.

Quite a few trial matches played yesterday, feel sorry for the kids having to run around in the middle of the day. Wet Bulb was well above the maximum.

What heat policy?

NNSWF have dropped the ball by starting Youth Pre Season Cup & Seniors season proper in February.

Players welfare has been put at risk by the governing body, not the clubs.

Surely there is a case to start the season proper for both Youth & Senior around the end of March or start of April.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Players welfare has been put at risk by the governing body, not the clubs.
    Games yesterday were all club organised trial matches, nothing to do with Northern. And there is no more pre-season cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Games yesterday were all club organised trial matches, nothing to do with Northern. And there is no more pre-season cup.
    If the season starts later then so does training & trial games. Surely you can understand that?
    The pre season tournament for youth is still going ahead.

I heard of games being played quite early yesterday so they were probably under the threshold for heat.Games scheduled for later kickoffs were called off at some grounds though.I dont agree with playing trials on days like yesterday at all but they werent NNSW organised games.The clubs were in charge of those.The NNSW scheduled trials do kick off next weekend though so its not as if this same situation cant arise again.Lets hope sense prevails and clubs/coaches have the wellbeing of the kids as the priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If the season starts later then so does training & trial games. Surely you can understand that?
    Taking responsibility for playing in the heat is still on the clubs and Northern says to cancel if above.

My boy's club have deliberately scheduled games midweek evening to avoid any cancellation.

The pre season tournament for youth is still going ahead.
    There are some scheduled trial games but it isn't a tournament, no ladders, no finals, no declared winners, no cup.