Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If the season starts later then so does training & trial games.
    Not at some clubs thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Games scheduled for later kickoffs were called off at some grounds though.
    Yeah heard some were called off, saw others continuing in the middle of the day.

I think trying to blame Northern (who have issued a policy on what clubs should do) and absolving the clubs of responsibility for their own players is a cop out.

Was anybody hurt in the heat...we live in a hot country, soon we'll never get to have any games if we're not lucky

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Was anybody hurt in the heat...we live in a hot country, soon we'll never get to have any games if we're not lucky
    Why I don't bother wearing a seatbelt, never been hurt not wearing one, so why should I wear one in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Why I don't bother wearing a seatbelt, never been hurt not wearing one, so why should I wear one in the future?
    false equivalence isn't a valid answer to the question.

putting games on early morning or early evening is a good move.
    Last edited by Eastwest; 05-02-2024 at 03:23 PM.

There's no false reasoning, both are safety measures. Do we really wait until a player in the region collapses or suffers from heat stroke before saying maybe we shouldn't have done it? Hate to think what some of you would be like on a work site.

There's no false reasoning, both are safety measures. Do we really wait until a player in the region collapses or suffers from heat stroke before saying maybe we shouldn't have done it? Hate to think what some of you would be like on a work site.
    Yeah we'd get the job done so you customers dont cry. You must be a millennial.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Yeah we'd get the job done so you customers dont cry. You must be a millennial.
    And lose an arm in the process.

did your game get called off on the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    did your game get called off on the weekend?
    No idea why this is relevant but I already talked about games.

My boy's club have deliberately scheduled games midweek evening to avoid any cancellation.

No idea why this is relevant but I already talked about games.
    only asking a question, didn't see your "boys club "post, you just seem a bit sour about something, so i thought you had been called off(which i would be sour also) if i was called off on the weekend.
    It was defiantly hotter on the 21st of Jan when we last played and when your boys played Avoca.

Hope the rain that is meant to be coming doesn't affect your planning.

cheers

The stupid thing is normally people complain about playing in the heat after the game.

Yet the hot weather is forecasted around 5 days before the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Out of interest which clubs are you hearing might not be fielding teams?
    Rosebuds havent fielded a team for their 1st official 15s trial this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Rosebuds havent fielded a team for their 1st official 15s trial this weekend.
    What a joke

Genuine question.

Are Buds a victim of the rise of New Lambton, Cooks Hill & I suppose a few years ago Lambton Jaffas?

There must be a limit to how many capable kids can come from the same pool of players.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Genuine question.

Are Buds a victim of the rise of New Lambton, Cooks Hill & I suppose a few years ago Lambton Jaffas?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Genuine question.

There must be a limit to how many capable kids can come from the same pool of players.
    Possibly, but if this is the problem it has only been exacerbated by the enlargement of the youth comp to 24 clubs. Isn't the JDL supposed to address this?

I think Buds became "unfashionable". Talented kids from Lake Mac and Newcastle football programmes were directed to other clubs probably because of better relationships or friendships between people at the more desired clubs and those at the associations. You'll all remember that for a number of years the pick of the kids at Newcastle Football ended up at Olympic or Jaffas. There were never enough kids coming out of the zone football programmes to populate all of the clubs and if you weren't one of the chosen, you got community league kids. The reults reflected this and the spiral down began. I think not winning in the seniors wouldn't have helped either. The rise of those "new" inner clubs was brought on by those clubs being able to analyse the above problem and find solutions. Money, the PR campaigns they run and the image they create. Adamstown seem to be quiet in those areas by comparison.

Now we have JDL and the "less desirable" clubs will now have to fend off the poaching of their best or the parents that won't be satisfied with not winning every game taking their kid to the winners.

Want to get popular? Social media, club culture, be in the NPL, don't be at the foot of the seniors table, be less expensive than your competitiors and advertise the fact, provide quality coaching by hunting out the best coaches with a proven record of improving kids, not just winning comps because they have the best kids. It won't be a quick fix and if they get relegated this year, it will only get worse.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 14-02-2024 at 06:18 PM.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Banned
    Olympic and Magic killed the buds youth. Those 2 were just much more intense in their recruitment drive over many years.

Buds didnt do enough to combat it.

Talk to any of the kids or parents who have recently left and they'll tell you all you need to know.Those kids are still out there and playing at other clubs so its not as if they arent good enough to be in the system.But blaming other clubs and especially NNSW seems way off the mark from who I've spoken to.