Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    Or you could be like another club that wears the same colours and use the money to pay YOUTH players regos to sign them ����*♂️
    Which club is offering free rego to some youth players?

It?s obvious there?s to many youth teams in the area, NPL , NL1, way to many,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I disagree.The more youth wanting to play at their highest possible level is a good thing.Its more about getting the structure right so winning and development are put in the right places.I feel the current system is doing a much better job of achieving that.Happy for the structure to keep tweaking to keep getting better outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I disagree.The more youth wanting to play at their highest possible level is a good thing.Its more about getting the structure right so winning and development are put in the right places.I feel the current system is doing a much better job of achieving that.Happy for the structure to keep tweaking to keep getting better outcomes.
    Disagree. We definitely dont have enough players to cover 24 teams at a competitive level. We did well this year by breaking into 3 divisions.

The only thing we can do next is divide the 3 divisions at individual ages where a club might have 13s in A 14s in B 16s in c etc. But iirc this is too hard for clubs to administer.

Most importantly imo is to have the C licence coaching course at a much more affordable cost. $1000 is a rort. Females had a chance to do this for free with nnsw, males have to pay. Better coaches at ALL clubs is the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

At least with JDL and about half the clubs having 2 teams the number of players coming through at a competitive level is increasing. Since a club can't take all players from both teams those other players will have to filter through to other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Disagree. We definitely dont have enough players to cover 24 teams at a competitive level. We did well this year by breaking into 3 divisions.
    So you disagree with my point then in the exact next sentence repeat the exact point you just disagreed with.

Anyone else see that Newcastle Basketball is planning on developing Blackley and Wallarah ovals?

I’m not sure if they still being used for premier youth football, but there’s another 3 fields the sport is losing.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...-short/?cs=305
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    FR said that there are too many npl npl1 youth teams and you disagreed with that. right? So imo he was correct. and by tweaking the 3rd division which is hardly npl level so less clubs at top level. 8 teams in 1st, 8 in 2nd.

The best thing about this structure is that all Npl nl1 teams should have better coaching than community teams and we know that isnt the case either.

FR said that there are too many npl npl1 youth teams and you disagreed with that. right? So imo he was correct. and by tweaking the 3rd division which is hardly npl level so less clubs at top level. 8 teams in 1st, 8 in 2nd.
    Because theres not 'too many teams' its just how they are structured,which we all agree with.I like the current structure but there will be floggings in the 1st part of the season.But thats ok because until the teams are exposed to what the highest level is they can never aspire to it or even begin to look prepared for it.Look at what Lakes/Cooks Hill and New Lambton are doing vs clubs like Wallsend and Adamstown.Closing off the top level gives clubs no hope to get better,and lets established clubs rest on their laurels.In my opinion thats not the best way forward.

and by tweaking the 3rd division which is hardly npl level
    There are plenty of very talented players in the 3rd tier.The very top of the top tier just tends to have 16 very good players,where as the further down the ladder you go theres just less of them per team.Just as much success in NPL youth can be put down to recruitment vs coaching,which annoys me and it goes back to your point about coaching standards.I saw a lot of really poorly coached teams in the finals in NPL and NL1 last year,but clubs would rather see better players be brought in rather than improve the coaching standards as long as they are winning.

There are plenty of very talented players in the 3rd tier.The very top of the top tier just tends to have 16 very good players,where as the further down the ladder you go theres just less of them per team.Just as much success in NPL youth can be put down to recruitment vs coaching,which annoys me and it goes back to your point about coaching standards.I saw a lot of really poorly coached teams in the finals in NPL and NL1 last year,but clubs would rather see better players be brought in rather than improve the coaching standards as long as they are winning.
    I would argue that currently recruiting in PYL wins out over coaching when it comes to results. Coaching in what was NL1 youth is far harder than in what was NPL youth because of the difference in player quality. I know as I have done it. At the lower level you are educating players in skills that the kids in the higher level already have.
    However, in saying that you are being pretty harsh on coaches that got their teams to finals. What do you consider a "really poorly coached team"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I would argue that currently recruiting in PYL wins out over coaching when it comes to results. Coaching in what was NL1 youth is far harder than in what was NPL youth because of the difference in player quality. I know as I have done it. At the lower level you are educating players in skills that the kids in the higher level already have.
    However, in saying that you are being pretty harsh on coaches that got their teams to finals. What do you consider a "really poorly coached team"?
    I SMH whenever I read people on here talk about development and player quality. The kids are playing in a low standard league in a city that loves footy in a country that doesn?t give a hoot about soccer. What are kids being developed for? Parents egos? Clubs and private coaches bank accounts?

Kids should win all the medals they can and coaches should be applauded for helping them do that. Development? Don?t make me laugh. Life?s too short. Let the kids enjoy winning because it don?t last long and no kid playing NPL in Newy is going to make a living from the game.

But thats ok because until the teams are exposed to what the highest level is they can never aspire to it or even begin to look prepared for it.Look at what Lakes/Cooks Hill and New Lambton are doing vs clubs like Wallsend and Adamstown.Closing off the top level gives clubs no hope to get better,and lets established clubs rest on their laurels.In my opinion thats not the best way forward.
    Cooks Hill got walloped in all youth grades, New Lambton did a little better. That point doesnt make sense to me. We did expose all clubs to all levels in the 1st round and found many of the games were a 1 sided farce. Happened for years. I didnt see many if any kids like being exposed to 7 8 9 10 nil routs. And the winning teams learned very little. It didnt work. Having the 3 divisions was a big improvement which most of us agree. Of course there a a couple of good players in div 3 but there isnt many. Its up to clubs to build and hopefully coach their teams into competitive clubs. Or those few should players can trial for div 1.

We need a competitive comps. Having individual age groups occupying the top divisions would be ideal but it seems to difficult for logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I SMH whenever I read people on here talk about development and player quality. The kids are playing in a low standard league in a city that loves footy in a country that doesn?t give a hoot about soccer. What are kids being developed for? Parents egos? Clubs and private coaches bank accounts?

Kids should win all the medals they can and coaches should be applauded for helping them do that. Development? Don?t make me laugh. Life?s too short. Let the kids enjoy winning because it don?t last long and no kid playing NPL in Newy is going to make a living from the game.
    Been here 5 minutes? because if you had anything to do with the sport you wouldn't be calling it soccer. go somewhere else.

There is quite a few kids from newy both past and present who have made money from playing, both locally, at higher levels and overseas.

go find something else to do with your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Certain coaches in certain clubs. Large majority are pretty good to very good. Its a select few. Think of those teams that have an egotistical loud mouth coach. They are arrogant, usual do what every they want, are obnoxious to the kids and ultimately don't teach the kids a good technical game or how to be a decent human. Now think hard where you have seen this. Ive seen a few. And some mentioned on here. end of.
    Last edited by Jim; 09-12-2023 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Been here 5 minutes? because if you had anything to do with the sport you wouldn't be calling it soccer. go somewhere else.

There is quite a few kids from newy both past and present who have made money from playing, both locally, at higher levels and overseas.

So you?d be one of those ego parents? Little Jimmy gonna be the one that makes it from this generation is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Anyone else see that Newcastle Basketball is planning on developing Blackley and Wallarah ovals?

I’m not sure if they still being used for premier youth football, but there’s another 3 fields the sport is losing.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...-short/?cs=305

Yes I saw that it Council's plan with it. Not only losing it from our sport but also from cricket as well. Not sure why they just can't redevelop the existing basketball stadium. Or build one on all the land they currently have.

Watch out for what Nelmes and Clausen and their best friend Bath have in plan for Magic Park too, lot of money to upgrade Meyer's Park no doubt may be taking back Magic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

Most of the people who got it to this stage called it soccer and that's what it is
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Most of the people who got it to this stage called it soccer and that's what it is
    lol, name some?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Yes I saw that it Council's plan with it. Not only losing it from our sport but also from cricket as well. Not sure why they just can't redevelop the existing basketball stadium. Or build one on all the land they currently have.

Watch out for what Nelmes and Clausen and their best friend Bath have in plan for Magic Park too, lot of money to upgrade Meyer's Park no doubt may be taking back Magic Park.
    Land there is owned by the state government not the council. it is also part of the state plan redevelopment.