Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    No they do need to be, the amount of kids that abuse refs and expect to get away with it is a travesty and is one of the reasons why we lose so many refs.

When an U15s boys team reduced a female ref to tears because she made a call (a right one btw) and so they told her for the rest of the game that girls don't belong on a soccer field and instead should be in the kitchen need to be shamed.

Somehow I don't think people like Kitz cares. Wonder why she wasn't getting upset when anyone could look at team lists in the past and see their name and what club they were playing for.
    Team lists don't post full first and last name. half the time the page doesn't even work. That also allows you to have photos removed etc. Anyone who thinks publication of this nature is hilarious is probably on the deep web. No the ref's shouldn't be abused, yes the suspensions are appropriate, But there is at least one suspension that has been disputed already, but that kid never got a chance to stand up in front of northern either, instead has his name plastered all over the website.

Kids who are in court for ANY reason are never named, yet people think this is okay? The incorrect comparisons and assumptions they aren't being punished is baffling, make them attend a course on a Saturday instead of football, make them do a ref course and run the sidelines for free for a few weeks. people are here anonymously, making quips, but if we got on here and used your real names you'd all poop your pants.

If you think it's funny you've never seen the harm that comes to kids when someone who's not supposed to know where they are turns up one day. But it's easy to take the piss when you live a sheltered life.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Team lists don't post full first and last name. half the time the page doesn't even work. That also allows you to have photos removed etc. Anyone who thinks publication of this nature is hilarious is probably on the deep web. No the ref's shouldn't be abused, yes the suspensions are appropriate, But there is at least one suspension that has been disputed already, but that kid never got a chance to stand up in front of northern either, instead has his name plastered all over the website.

Kids who are in court for ANY reason are never named, yet people think this is okay? The incorrect comparisons and assumptions they aren't being punished is baffling, make them attend a course on a Saturday instead of football, make them do a ref course and run the sidelines for free for a few weeks. people are here anonymously, making quips, but if we got on here and used your real names you'd all poop your pants.

If you think it's funny you've never seen the harm that comes to kids when someone who's not supposed to know where they are turns up one day. But it's easy to take the piss when you live a sheltered life.
    I agree with all you are saying. They shouldn?t publish the kids name.
    I am curious you said one kid is disputing a suspension. Is it for ref abuse if so it gets murky if kids are saying they didn?t spray the ref. Almost as if they are calling the ref a liar

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Team lists don't post full first and last name
    Yes they do, goal scorer lists do, clubs post the kids names all over facebook, instagram and their website. Why are you only upset now and never before? Is your child a ref abuser and you're afraid people may find out?

That also allows you to have photos removed etc.
    The list doesn't have photos, so you're getting upset over things you've made up in your head.

Anyone who thinks publication of this nature is hilarious is probably on the deep web. No the ref's shouldn't be abused, yes the suspensions are appropriate
    No one said it was hilarious, also please don't use terms you don't understand, it doesn't help your argument.

But there is at least one suspension that has been disputed already, but that kid never got a chance to stand up in front of northern either, instead has his name plastered all over the website.
    Showing you don't know the process of disputes (which is why I doubt your story). But if he has and is successful and the suspension is overturned then it will be removed and again this isn't a new feature from Northern been like this for years.

If you think it's funny
    Making stuff up in your head again

Also don't waste FACS time, they have real issues with real children who are in actual harm with limited resources, they need to focus on those poor kids, not look to stop people finding out some entitled middle-class kid called a ref a slur.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 01-03-2024 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    As much as there is some high quality meme and wind-up content available in all of this, it does seem reasonable to think there is a chance this can happen. If the below quote has any form of substance (and whatever other examples we haven't seen/heard yet) - in what world does Tracy Grimshaw or one of her fellow shoulder-pad-wearing goons not jump all over something like this.
    They may try to find time in between the dodgy tradies, awful neighbours and paid insurance advertisements that's true, considering this is something other federations have said they will start doing and has the full support of the FA (and presumably their lawyers), not to mention publication of red cards, Red Card Code, name and team has been happening for years then they will be fine.

KL Mc is on the warpath again. What?s new

Olympic keeper gets sent off for ref abuse in a sanctioned trial game but can serve his supsension in future trial games, seems fair...

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Olympic keeper gets sent off for ref abuse in a sanctioned trial game but can serve his supsension in future trial games, seems fair...
    Well, teaches player and club a valuable lesson.

Stop abusing the refs.

I agree serve your suspension when it really hurts to teach you a lesson and others.

Has the game gotten soft, calling games off because it's too hot? It's called drink breaks. Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    Has the game gotten soft, calling games off because it's too hot? It's called drink breaks. Christ.
    That?s a disgrace. When was it that hot today

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    That?s a disgrace. When was it that hot today
    The reading was several degrees over the threshold according to the referees.They had no choice.There was really only one person there in club gear carrying on,Im hoping it wasnt anyone on this forum as it was all a bit sad.Bottom line it was a trial game and it wasnt safe for the kids.Theres a spare weekend next week plenty of clubs will have extra trials booked to make up for any lost games.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    The reading was several degrees over the threshold according to the referees.They had no choice.There was really only one person there in club gear carrying on,Im hoping it wasnt anyone on this forum as it was all a bit sad.Bottom line it was a trial game and it wasnt safe for the kids.Theres a spare weekend next week plenty of clubs will have extra trials booked to make up for any lost games.
    What is the threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    What is the threshold?
    Whatever the number as stated in the heat policy.Its not my department I just listened to what the referees decided.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Whatever the number as stated in the heat policy.Its not my department I just listened to what the referees decided.
    According to the first dot point of the heat policy it is the responsibility of the Home Club Official to abandon or delay games.There is more to the policy but essentially it starts with the home official who should monitor the situation
    Last edited by outsider; 02-03-2024 at 06:02 PM. Reason: additional info

You get that a lot on artificial turf

It?s based on wet bulb temperature which takes in humidity and some other things that slip my mind, not just basic ambient temperature.
    I believe all ?premier? clubs have a wet bulb thermometer that gets taken out on to the pitch prior to kick off.
    Abandonment of the game is black and white as per the heat policy.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    According to the first dot point of the heat policy it is the responsibility of the Home Club Official to abandon or delay games.There is more to the policy but essentially it starts with the home official who should monitor the situation
    Correct,and I'm assured that the home official supported the referees decision to abandon the matches today.So well done to him and the home club for prioritising the kids wellbeing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I agree with all you are saying. They shouldn?t publish the kids name.
    I am curious you said one kid is disputing a suspension. Is it for ref abuse if so it gets murky if kids are saying they didn?t spray the ref. Almost as if they are calling the ref a liar
    I saw a kid (GK) spray his teammate for getting a yellow for whinging at the ref only to get a red himself a couple of weeks ago. Adult ref then stood over kid screaming in his face in an extremely intimidating manner. Kid walked off, then took his shirt off to give to an outfielder to wear, so copped another spray from the ref. Different teammate asked for gloves to go in goal so GK took his gloves off & went to hand them to outfielder & copped a 3rd spray from ref.

All for stopping ref abuse but it’s a two way street. This ref should be nowhere near kids sport.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    I saw a kid (GK) spray his teammate for getting a yellow for whinging at the ref only to get a red himself a couple of weeks ago. Adult ref then stood over kid screaming in his face in an extremely intimidating manner. Kid walked off, then took his shirt off to give to an outfielder to wear, so copped another spray from the ref. Different teammate asked for gloves to go in goal so GK took his gloves off & went to hand them to outfielder & copped a 3rd spray from ref.

All for stopping ref abuse but it’s a two way street. This ref should be nowhere near kids sport.
    Did you report them to Northern?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Whilst your salty obsession with Olympic is noted, said GK isn’t the only player to have been sent in a trial & be told to serve his sanction in trials only (granted the other one was for violent conduct)

That said, why are red cards given in youth grade glorified trials being carried over to the main comp when the NPL red cards aren’t? Seems to me northern are determined to make an example of teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Did you report them to Northern?
    What’s the point?
    1- Northern won’t listen
    2- Reporting the ref will only put a target on my own child & his club

I can only hope the club of the player I’m talking about has taken action to protect the kid involved