Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    What a joke
    Is it really. Having been a Buds junior and playing at Azzurri in seniors I worry for both clubs. But more so Azzurri they didn?t have a 16?s last year and were chasing coaches only a few weeks ago. They have less competition geographically than Buds.
    Buds had a 14?s that got beat every week last year so gave every club 3 free points. Where as Azzurri had no 16?s but the other clubs got no points and there was no punishment.
    So a club is better off having 4 decent teams and miss a grade then 4 decent teams and 1 poor one.
    This is Northern?s fault not the clubs for there being no punishment.
    Your better of missing a year and resetting than fielding an average team

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Your better of missing a year and resetting than fielding an average team
    Missing a year bad? yep. I think Azzurri are going to take a while to rebuild after missing their 16s for a year and dropping.
    could be wrong but doesnt look good.

Buds 2023 15s have won 1 game in 3 years. I feel sorry for those lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Missing a year bad? yep. I think Azzurri are going to take a while to rebuild after missing their 16s for a year and dropping.
    could be wrong but doesnt look good.

Buds 2023 15s have won 1 game in 3 years. I feel sorry for those lads.
    Azzurri missing the 16?s last year will hurt their 18?s the next 2 years for sure.
    They used to have some great old boys as coaches and now they have all gone. What has happened there.

Azzuri missing a team meant they went down to Div 2, they have all teams this year and from all reports will be quite competitive including in the 18s. I have no doubt they will be in League B when the divisions split. Will it be enough for them to get back into Div1? That's an unknown at this stage but are at a disadvantage to the 4 coming from Div1 simply because those 4 have had to player tougher teams every week.

Buds not having enough teams will mean the other 4 will need to pick up the slack to get into Top 4 otherwise they will be in League C and at least two years in Div 2. Of course that may not be bad for the club as it means they can just focus on rebuilding and getting back to full strength without losing players because they only won 1 game in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Azzurri missing the 16?s last year will hurt their 18?s the next 2 years for sure.
    They used to have some great old boys as coaches and now they have all gone. What has happened there.
    The coaches they had drove those kids away, you'd only have to attend one of their games to understand why they all left in those age groups. I hope they have been moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by FTBLNEW View Post
    The coaches they had drove those kids away, you'd only have to attend one of their games to understand why they all left in those age groups. I hope they have been moved on.
    Ive already seen and heard of a few new coaches at Azzurri so I think you'll find the changes that were needed have been made.I would be shocked if they dont start 2025 back up in Div 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Genuine question.

Are Buds a victim of the rise of New Lambton, Cooks Hill & I suppose a few years ago Lambton Jaffas?

There must be a limit to how many capable kids can come from the same pool of players.
    This has to be a factor. The players who may have left Olympic/Magic in the past and funneled to Buds, now spread across Jaffas, NL and Cooks. There aren't enough kids. Even Jaffas/Edgy who finished 1/2 in 2023 13s have been after players for their squads this year.

JDL doesn't fix anything. It's not producing more better players, it's just creating an earlier dropout with kids jaded/broken after 40 week seasons and parents questioning the $$$ to take part.

As for the Buds, the other comment about not fielding a team with no real penalty vs having a very poor one that gives away 3pts every week is spot on.

Shorter JDL season and probably YPL, less teams to bring back exclusivity, lower cost and better trained coaches. Easy fix...

Quote Originally Posted by Largesse View Post
    JDL doesn't fix anything. It's not producing more better players, it's just creating an earlier dropout with kids jaded/broken after 40 week seasons and parents questioning the $$$ to take part.
    Smooth brain take.

Also got to look at the reasons why players leave clubs, while others are turning them away. And it isn't just successful clubs that get more EoIs than others

Shorter JDL season and probably YPL, less teams to bring back exclusivity, lower cost and better trained coaches. Easy fix...
    Which clubs would you cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Smooth brain take.

Also got to look at the reasons why players leave clubs, while others are turning them away. And it isn't just successful clubs that get more EoIs than others

Which clubs would you cut?
    Classy response...

Which clubs? Not sure and not sure what the magic number is but given clubs keep failing to field teams or fill squads, it seems there are too many.

Would love to see some analysis on number of players in community, JDL, youth, plus looking at match minutes per player, meaningful surveys of players as to why they move clubs. Base things off data or we'll all just keep guessing and pointing fingers.

Olympic and Magic killed the buds youth. Those 2 were just much more intense in their recruitment drive over many years.

Buds didnt do enough to combat it.
    What a load of garbage this is. Buds killed buds.

Clubs like Olympic and Magic produce more kids to the Jets then any other clubs so why are they still strong when they lose their best every year to jets? Don?t see them slacking off. Eventually they will sign kids to fill the gaps from lower teams but that?s the football cycle. Ordinary teams to strong teams/clubs.

Does this mean the Jets have killed Magic and Olympic?

Olympic and Magic killed the buds youth. Those 2 were just much more intense in their recruitment drive over many years.

Buds didnt do enough to combat it.
    I mean yeah you do have to question how good individual clubs are in the JDL programs if they have 2 teams (so about 24 players) and then they have to go poaching to get others in.

No club is losing more than 9 U12 players to Jets each year so why do clubs like Olympic and Magic have to go and poach other players? Why isn't their JDL program with 2 teams good enough to produce 15-16 quality kids?

Props to Edgy this year for filling all but 1 spot in their U13s this year from last year's U12 side.
    Last edited by Taffy; 15-02-2024 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Largesse View Post
    Base things off data or we'll all just keep guessing and pointing fingers.
    Good hopefully if everyone who has posted on here uses this advice we won't come out with silly statements like JDL isn't producing better players.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Good hopefully if everyone who has posted on here uses this advice we won't come out with silly statements like JDL isn't producing better players.
    "More" is the key word. Better players sure, but it's finite.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    What a load of garbage this is. Buds killed buds.

Clubs like Olympic and Magic produce more kids to the Jets then any other clubs so why are they still strong when they lose their best every year to jets? Don?t see them slacking off. Eventually they will sign kids to fill the gaps from lower teams but that?s the football cycle. Ordinary teams to strong teams/clubs.

Does this mean the Jets have killed Magic and Olympic?
    Complete rubbish. all we need is another chest beating turd on here.
    Jaffs and edgy have had more in the last couple. Even Valo had a few albeit from Auzzrri before that
    Magic get most lads from other clubs. Rarely do their u6s get to the jets. Olympic develop a little better over the long term.
    Most kids go to 2 to 3 clubs before getting to jets.
    Kids who spend a fews years at New lambton, kotara, edgy, jaffs, cookers are in the jets in many ages.

Cool

Complete rubbish. all we need is another chest beating turd on here.
    Jaffs and edgy have had more in the last couple. Even Valo had a few albeit from Auzzrri before that
    Magic get most lads from other clubs. Rarely do their u6s get to the jets. Olympic develop a little better over the long term.
    Most kids go to 2 to 3 clubs before getting to jets.
    Kids who spend a fews years at New lambton, kotara, edgy, jaffs, cookers are in the jets in many ages.
    Haha what a load of crap. Trying to work out who’s talking more crap you or taffy with his comments about edgy 13s only bringing 1 new player in. I can think of 3, could be more and there’s nothing wrong with that and good luck to them but don’t talk rubbish.
    No chest beating here just stating facts old fella
    Last edited by Dreamtime Yowie; 16-02-2024 at 08:53 AM.

What numbers of players do most clubs try and carry in PYL. I would have thought that 15 or 16 is enough as you can always promote from the age below. Yet some age groups are posting their squad list with 13 or 14 and in trials only having 1 or 2 players on the bench. Whilst most kids will be happy getting lots of game time, perhaps these teams will run out of steam come middle to end of the season when injuries and illness mount up.

I know in the Sydney Football NSW PYL comps, some clubs carry 17-18 players per team and their games are only 70mins long until they get to U16s then it moves to 80mins. My take on those numbers of players in Sydney comp is that it is simply a cash grab.

Thoughts and experiences from others?

Well done to NNSW for getting the message through regarding the emphasis on referee abuse.All parents and coaches I spoke to over the weekend knew about it,had seen the presentation and were taking it seriously.If the goal was to get the message across then they succeeded.From here its all about backing up their referees and coming down hard on anyone that gets out of line.Hopefully now the kids can get on with enjoying their football.

wonder what colour the coach will be wearing who is first to get 12 month holiday? R#d perhaps?

@Box2Box...as a consumer, I prefer less subs and bench sitting

My dream state would be, clubs set to 11 in youth football, and their bench of subs to come from the year below

Agree on Sydney looking like a cash grab (if they really do have 17-18 players)...they do play a longer season though, so maybe that is the justification

So for the 3rd week running Adamstown have not fielded a U15s team in the pre-season, can anyone confirm if they will only field 4 teams in PYL this season and have no 15s.