Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2024 NPL Women's

Magic 3-2 New Lambton.
    Reserve grade got called off.

Well the opening weekend did nothing to change my thoughts it will be a clear top and bottom 4. The lack of talent in the first grade in my opinion stems from the win at all cost philosophy some clubs have in their youth system and not having the main focus on developing their players into good footballers which will still go along way to winning football games.

I also think there needs to be a salary cap to stop teams buying the comp in both men and women?s the prize money is less then the out lay on players and let?s be honest the cost is not worth the product currently on show.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Well the opening weekend did nothing to change my thoughts it will be a clear top and bottom 4. The lack of talent in the first grade in my opinion stems from the win at all cost philosophy some clubs have in their youth system and not having the main focus on developing their players into good footballers which will still go along way to winning football games.

I also think there needs to be a salary cap to stop teams buying the comp in both men and women?s the prize money is less then the out lay on players and let?s be honest the cost is not worth the product currently on show.
    And with additional prize money it is going to become a 2 to 3 team competition year in year out

Unfortunately, at this level, a salary cap only moves payments to the car park?as will the professional contracts coming in next season, suddenly players will only be getting $50 a game on the books, with the rest coming in a brown paper bag or via ?employment? at a major sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Magic just scrapped past a New Lambton team with only one of their marquee signings/Jets girls in the 91st minute? Not sure how nothing has changed when New Lambton have shown they will be close to that top 4 or Magic won?t cut it with the other 3

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Magic just scrapped past a New Lambton team with only one of their marquee signings/Jets girls in the 91st minute? Not sure how nothing has changed when New Lambton have shown they will be close to that top 4 or Magic won?t cut it with the other 3
    Did you watch the game or just go off the score? Because I watched it and Magic controlled the game from start to finish. Should have had more than 3 goals but looked a bit rushed and unsure in the final third but knowing their coach that will change. New Lambton scored their goals from a silly foul, the GK stood on the far post and Andrew?s only had to get the shot on target, then the second was from a misplaced pass on the 18 yard box. I didn?t see anything that showed me they will be close to the top 4. For the sake of the competition I really hope I am wrong and will happily admit it if I am.

Rnd 2 starts tonight

Magic 1-3 Maitland
    Bay 2-4 New Lambton
    Azzurri 6-0 Adamstown
    Olympic 10-0 Middies

Round 3 predictions:
    Magic 2-1 Azzurri
    Buds 5-1 Middies
    WB 1-7 Maitland
    NL 2-3 Olympic

The page has been quite. Let's start it with round 4 prediction:
    Magic 4-0 Adamstown
    Olympic 2-2 Maitland
    Middies 2-4 New Lambton
    Azzurri 7-1 WB

Magic 4-0 Adamstown
    Olympic 2-2 Maitland
    Middies 0-5 New Lambton
    Charlestown 4-2 Warners Bay

Olympic v Maitland should be a good game to watch.
    Charlestown v Warners Bay could also be a good game. 2 main girls for the Bay playing the team they left early last season.

Let?s see what happens this weekend

Olympic 4-2 Azzuri
    Maitland 15-0 MidCoast
    Adamstown 2-4 NewLambton
    WarnersBay 0-10 Magic

I really hope I am wrong.
    These scores are terrible.

Olympic 3-3 Azzuri
    Maitland 12-1 Middies
    Adamstown 2-5 New Lambton
    Warners Bay 0-8 Magic

Seen in the Herald News that Adriana Konjarski is retiring after this weekend's game vs WB. Magic is going to be in a bit of trouble against Olympic and Maitland who recruited more players.

Didn't AJ get a second yellow for dissent against Azzurri?

Sure did and missed Adamstown game.

League Cup
    Magic v New Lambton
    Res: 3-1
    1st: 5-2

With results in the league cup games and the half time score between Warners Bay and Adamstown (4-5). Do any teams actually work on defence because it?s starting to become ridiculous with these scores.

Apparently their best defensive strategy is to attack. Just saying haha

Quote Originally Posted by MCG_1997 View Post
    Apparently their best defensive strategy is to attack. Just saying haha
    It was 4-4 after 14mins ( or so like that) 8-5 at full time.
    Honestly if you?re a talented footballer in this area your only chance to have a chance of doing anything with it is to travel to Sydney. The Jets academy is a joke at the moment. 14?s 15?s and 16?s compete most weeks. 18?s/res every so often but 1st grade are lambs to the slaughter every week.

If Jets stay in Newey and play in our NPL, that will surely strengthen our competition. That will also reduce travel time, rego fee, etc for the parents.